X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Bills vs. Panthers recap....

Certainly it's an advantage to watch the game on TV/Film vs. live. The good, bad, and ugly:

1) Miller looks like a seasoned veteran. Oh my he is good. Absolutely one of the most impressive rookies I've seen in a long time.

2) Karlos Williams is going to push someone off the roster. I'm now thinking Boobie Dixon might be odd man out because Karlos looks like a better version of him.

3) Bryce Brown is so talented. If he does get cut it will be sad that he couldn't correct something most NFL RBs correct.

4) Too much praise for our WR coach. The amount of dropped balls was insane. Not saying all were as catchable as first reported but no amazing catches either.

5) Kujoundo is mediocre at best. Urbik should be cut.

6) Cassel did not look good. He was late on all his throws. A team with a good D coordinator is going to torture him. EJ has lost the team. They are not even trying when he's out there. He's getting cut if not traded.

7) Ok it's early but Tyrod definately impressed me. It wasn't his runs but the play that stood out was getting out of a for sure sack and making a beautiful touch pass. No panic, just veteran poise. He plays like this next week and he will be the starter.

8) Darby is awful. AWFUL as in terrible. He's not ready for the NFL.

9) Our TEs after Clay look awful.

The Bills really need to start working on moving Some players in a possible trade. I think Jackson, EJ, Boobie are all possibilities at this point.
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: Bills vs. Panthers recap....

Originally posted by HHURRICANE View Post
    Certainly it's an advantage to watch the game on TV/Film vs. live. The good, bad, and ugly:

1) Miller looks like a seasoned veteran. Oh my he is good. Absolutely one of the most impressive rookies I've seen in a long time.

2) Karlos Williams is going to push someone off the roster. I'm now thinking Boobie Dixon might be odd man out because Karlos looks like a better version of him.

3) Bryce Brown is so talented. If he does get cut it will be sad that he couldn't correct something most NFL RBs correct.

4) Too much praise for our WR coach. The amount of dropped balls was insane. Not saying all were as catchable as first reported but no amazing catches either.

6) Cassel did not look good. He was late on all his throws. A team with a good D coordinator is going to torture him. EJ has lost the team. They are not even trying when he's out there. He's getting cut if not traded.

7) Ok it's early but Tyrod definately impressed me. It wasn't his runs but the play that stood out was getting out of a for sure sack and making a beautiful touch pass. No panic, just veteran poise. He plays like this next week and he will be the starter.

The Bills really need to start working on moving Some players in a possible trade. I think Jackson, EJ, Boobie are all possibilities at this point.
    Any player would be an IDIOT to not give his all, no matter who the QB is.

All the players have said how much they are learning from Lal the WR Coach.

But no coach can go on the field & make the play, that is up to the players.

I was not impressed by Cassel at all. I HOPE Rex does not name him a starter because he can complete 1-2 yd passes.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
      • Sep 2003

The Bills get nothing in a trade with Jackson, EJ, or Boobie.
      "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• ICRockets
        Legendary Zoner
        • Jul 2008

I really don't get the criticism of Darby. He wasn't giving up easy catches. Nearly every single reception against him required a perfect throw and considerable effort by the receiver to get both feet inbounds.

Comment

• EricStratton
          • Jul 2002

Just watching it now I liked how Darby got better as the game progressed.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by MikeInRoch View Post
            The Bills get nothing in a trade with Jackson, EJ, or Boobie.
            Not saying they will but the roster, as even Tasker mentioned has limited openings. If we get anything at all its a bonus at this point.

Comment

• psubills62
              Legendary Zoner
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by ICRockets View Post
              I really don't get the criticism of Darby. He wasn't giving up easy catches. Nearly every single reception against him required a perfect throw and considerable effort by the receiver to get both feet inbounds.
              Most of the time considerable effort = a push off with arms extended. Thought refs were supposed to be calling that more on the offense.

Can we just find one TE who doesn't generate multiple penalties in a game?

I agree on Bryce Brown, kid is talented. If he could just hold onto the ball, would be a good backup.

Let's see how they look in the future, but our OL appeared to be improved last night.
              "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
              - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICRockets View Post
                I agree. Darby played his 1st preseason game the way Leodis was playing in his 4th year.Always close to the ball but a split second too late. At least he wasn't far away from his man ,running around like a chicken with it's head cut off.

I'm glad they picked on him now. Better to get his baptism in the preseason than regular games
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• don137
                  • Jul 2002

Brown definitely impressed me. Wouldn't surprise me if he gets traded to Cleveland. Cleveland RBs are awful and Rex has commented more than once about his fumbling problems. After scrimmaging with Cleveland this week I could see a trade at some point. The guy has talent.
                  Tyrod is impressive but it seemed to me he didn't go through all his progressions and was quick to run when his first or second read was not available.
                  Darby took his lumps for sure. Scary considering the Bills will be playing Luck in week one.

Comment

• ICRockets
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Jul 2008

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                    I agree. Darby played his 1st preseason game the way Leodis was playing in his 4th year.Always close to the ball but a split second too late. At least he wasn't far away from his man ,running around like a chicken with it's head cut off.

I'm glad they picked on him now. Better to get his baptism in the preseason than regular games
                    Nor did he look like he had a really obvious weakness that is easily countered, like Gilmore being a complete pile of garbage against curl routes.

Comment

• CoolBreeze
                      • Feb 2009

Blaming the WR coach for dropped balls is beyond laughable. Crucifying a rookie CB playing arguably the hardest position, for not playing like an All Pro is worse. The defense never blitzed, no safety help was provided and no game plan. Sure he needs to get his head around quicker, but as Kelso exclaimed afterwards, he was always in positon and had good coverage, the rest is fixable. I don't get all the hate for Cassel. He did was what was called. All he did was hit the open man. The incompletion hit Hogan in the numbers. Tyrod was electric for sure. It will be interesting to see him with Watkins, Harvin and McCoy.
                      Certainly it's an advantage to watch the game on TV/Film vs. live. The good, bad, and ugly 1) Miller looks like a seasoned veteran. Oh my he is good. Absolutely one of the most impressive rookies I've seen in a long time.

Comment

• Goobylal
                        • Jan 2004

4) Not Lal's fault if guys can't catch.

6) Bad snaps from the center and drops by receivers (see above) don't mean he's lost the team. That's just silly.

8) Darby had excellent coverage and was beaten by great throws/players. See how he does next game.

Comment

• tomz
                          • Feb 2007

IF I recall the incompletion did not hit in in the numbers but rather was well behind him as he cut inside.

Comment

• sudzy
                            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by better days View Post

I was not impressed by Cassel at all. I HOPE Rex does not name him a starter because he can complete 1-2 yd passes.
                            Of course your not impressed. The better he looks the less likely your guy is to have a job. He had key 3rd down passes to Clay and Watkins. He did his job and the chains moving. And he was pretty good at handling snaps, too.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                              Sab and TD are insignificant
                              • Sep 2002

Hogan's incompletion did hit him in the hands.
                              www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

Working...
                              X