PDA

View Full Version : forgetting about Gorges!

DetDannyWilliams
08-15-2015, 03:24 PM
It’s been a tumultuous past 13 months for Gorges, who was stunned on July 1, 2014 to be traded from the Canadiens to the Sabres.

Four days after he was traded to the Sabres, Gorges and his wife, Maggie, became parents of their first child, pulled up stakes in Montreal, summered in Kelowna then settled for the season in Buffalo.

Seething as he soldiered on through this season from hell, the fiercely competitive Gorges skated on a knee that deteriorated from bad to worse until he and the Sabres finally decided on surgery, which saw him miss the season’s final 26 games.

Already on the mend from knee surgery, the veteran spoke at season’s end about the Sabres performance having been unacceptable, about a need for the team to change its culture, about it being “time to take a step forward.”

“It’s been a long road, six months of doing rehab every day, trying to get things back,” Gorges said. “The last couple of weeks I’ve really taken another step in my recovery – from just getting back on the ice to now starting to feel normal in my skating again, able to do all the things I want to do in a game. I’ve been really happy with how things have gone lately.”

Gorges was attractive to the Sabres for his leadership skills, a huge part of his game in Montreal, and the steadying influence he can be on younger defencemen.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1941243

coastal
08-15-2015, 03:36 PM
*** yeah... let's hope the knee holds up.

this is my kind of cementhead

chernobylwraiths
08-17-2015, 10:06 AM
I DID totally forget about him.

Looking forward to this season.