X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DesertFox24
    • Jul 2005

OL

I was impressed with them I like the way we are going to play. Our Gus pushed forward on every run which is a nice change from past fees years getting bullied over.

Miller will start I think that is a done deal.

Henderson or Cryus I thought both played well your thoughts?
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: OL

My thoughts; I remember arguing with Opiv before the draft about the OL.

I said the OL would be much better than last year, Op disagreed.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

It's early, and I didn't get a chance to focus on individual players. I have hope.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• The Jokeman
        • Dec 2003

Miller didn't look out of place and we seemed to give Cassel ppenty of time when he was in there. Also not sure Panthers have a great pass rush to judge them on. Though the running ge looked better than we saw last year which is vital to our success. I'm not sure of the depth afrer Urbik and Kujo.

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
          Miller didn't look out of place and we seemed to give Cassel ppenty of time when he was in there. Also not sure Panthers have a great pass rush to judge them on. Though the running ge looked better than we saw last year which is vital to our success. I'm not sure of the depth afrer Urbik and Kujo.
          Urbik & Kujo are the depth.

Urbik will back up the interior OL & Kujo will back up the tackles.

Comment

• Swiper
            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by better days View Post

And Richardson looks like he will stick. He seems to be progressing as well.

Comment

• The Jokeman
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by better days View Post

But not developing someone that could supplant Urbik is dosheartening as he getting up there in age. Kujo might not ever develpp to hos draft stock which males me wprry Henderson is starting by default ans in back of my mind see Henderson switching over to LT to replace an un resigned Glenn and Kujo moving in at RT. Ie the same old Bills. That all said Pegula we did retain Hughes this offseason amd add McCoy which don't think happen under Wilson so perhaps just overly worroed.

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                But not developing someone that could supplant Urbik is dosheartening as he getting up there in age. Kujo might not ever develpp to hos draft stock which males me wprry Henderson is starting by default ans in back of my mind see Henderson switching over to LT to replace an un resigned Glenn and Kujo moving in at RT. Ie the same old Bills. That all said Pegula we did retain Hughes this offseason amd add McCoy which don't think happen under Wilson so perhaps just overly worroed.
                I could see it play out as you say, with Henderson replacing Glenn & Kujo replacing Henderson on the right side.

But who is to say Henderson & Kujo can't improve this year & next from the players they were last year?

Comment

• Mouldsie
                  • Aug 2012

I'd still take Evan Mathis

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

1st unit looked pretty solid in limited work though I don't consider anybody on Carolina's DL from that game anybody who should even give us a challenge, especially with Lotulelei not playing.

The 2nd unit was strong run blocking, but the pass blocking still had issues. Taylor's feet got him out of a few sacks that would of occurred normally imo.

Cleveland should give us a good test on Thursday if they bring in some of their blitzing schemes to try and bring pressure from multiple levels.
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Goobylal
                      • Jan 2004

I look forward to seeing Taylor play behind the first unit, and hopefully Incognito is back for it. He'll improve the OL even more.

Comment

• jimmifli
                        • Nov 2006

I'm glad they pushed on run blocking. And the scheme looked good.

But I didn't see a much that indicated they had the pass blocking figured out. Cassel threw 3 yard passes and Taylor ran.

Comment

• cookie G
                          • Mar 2003

A decent All 22 set of vids here:

In the 1st pass play, I think someone on the Caroline DL blew their assignment. It looked like they had a stunt on and no one came through the gap Miller vacated. He really didn't drive the DT several yards, he just took the guy the way he wanted to go.

Nothing wrong with that. But looking at the size of the hole, I could have seen TT taking off on that play.

BTW...Cassel stared down Clay the whole time. And a decent throw, nothing wrong with it. But the vid doesn't show it, but Robert Wood's cover guy gave up on him when he saw Cassel staring down Clay. Woods had 5 yards on him 25 yards down the field, with nothing between him and the endzone.

On both running plays shown, one thing is overlooked in the article. Jerome Felton cut down someone in the backfield, someone who would have probably stopped Shady for a loss. FB's are supposed to be out of fashion in NFL..but never underestimate their value in a running game.

Richardson's block on the dive play didn't surprise me, he was probably the best run blocking guard last year...but his pass pro was so bad, you couldn't keep him in the game. But I will say..on that play, he looked like he had fun. A guard getting a clean shot on a LB...that's a glory shot for them.

Good lord, did the Bills actually run off tackle? Been a while since we've seen that.

Comment

• Jimkelly12203
                            • Jun 2015

it's amazing what (mostly) the same unit that led CJ Spiller to a 5.6 YPC average over an entire year can do when the coaches are not incompetent.

If anything, this unit is more talented than that one.

Marone is a really ****ty person but he's an even worse Offensive line coach.
                            All Hail Josh Allen! Savior of the Buffalo Bills!

Freedom for the Ukraine. Down with Putin and every traitor in this country that supports him.

Comment

• Ed
                              • Sep 2002

I thought our biggest problem last year was coaching, followed by OG talent and an overall lack of experience/depth.

I think we've improved quite a bit in all areas, so I'm expecting the OL to be pretty solid. I thought they played pretty well in the first game and it was nice to hear McCoy have a lot of high praise for them after the game.

Comment

Working...
                              X