PDA

View Full Version : Matt Cassell bandwagon

swiper
08-17-2015, 04:34 PM
Tired of the fans loading on the back-end of the Tyrod Taylor bandwagon. FYI - he's a gimmick. He's a gadget. He is NOT an every down QB.

Tired of the relentless EJ lovers.

Matt Cassell has only come in, been quiet, gone about his work and seems to get better at his job with every practice. Get on the right bandwagon folks.

He throws 3 TDs in practice.

In other news, Tyrod Taylor was missing throws per Rex and EJ Manuel admits his days may be numbered in Buffalo.

John Wawrow (https://twitter.com/john_wawrow)✔ @john_wawrow (https://twitter.com/john_wawrow)

More to come: Speaking to AP, #Bills (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bills?src=hash) QB Manuel doesn't dispute possibility his days in Buffalo might be numbered.

Taylor missed a couple throws he should have made, including throwing it too wide for Marquise Goodwin who was a good two steps in the clear on a post pattern down the middle.

...rookie wide receiver Andre Davis several times this offseason and how impressed I am with him. Today was his best day. He had a step on a Browns DB down the sideline in a 1-on-1 drill when Matt Cassel threw a perfect pass over his shoulder that he grabbed for a touchdown.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
08-17-2015, 04:38 PM
Go TyJ Manrod!

SpikedLemonade
08-17-2015, 04:46 PM
There is no point wishing for these 3 QBs to be more than they have ever been.

Cassel or Taylor will lead us to a frustrating 9-7 season.

Cut EJ if it makes sense.

Let's win some low scoring games.

cookie G
08-17-2015, 04:56 PM
Good luck with your bandwagon....enjoy the boredom...and an 8-8 record.

ublinkwescore
08-17-2015, 05:02 PM
tyrod taylor would have been even better with the first string skill position players on the field. Just saying. Cassel couldn't even get us more than 3 points - if Dan Carpenter was out there. Tyrod will move the damn chains.

The Jokeman
08-17-2015, 05:04 PM
Good luck with your bandwagon....enjoy the boredom...and an 8-8 record.

We almost won 10 games last year with a similar QB but with a worse surrounding cast. I think Cassel and company could get us 10 plus wins as long as the D and ST stay on point and McCoy proves he's a better RB than FJax/Spiller/Brown/Dixon showed last year which seems possible. Yet I know we should keep the exciting Tyrod in there who got dumped 4 times today by the Browns and completed 1 pass with the first team offense. http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/20137/bills-qbs-receivers-own-browns-dbs-in-joint-practice because excitement is more important than passing.

- - - Updated - - -

tyrod taylor would have been even better with the first string skill position players on the field. Just saying. Cassel couldn't even get us more than 3 points - if Dan Carpenter was out there. Tyrod will move the damn chains.

Would he? did you see how great Tyrod played with the 1s against the Browns today?

The Jokeman
08-17-2015, 05:06 PM
Tired of the fans loading on the back-end of the Tyrod Taylor bandwagon. FYI - he's a gimmick. He's a gadget. He is NOT an every down QB.

Tired of the relentless EJ lovers.

Matt Cassell has only come in, been quiet, gone about his work and seems to get better at his job with every practice. Get on the right bandwagon folks.

He throws 3 TDs in practice.

In other news, Tyrod Taylor was missing throws per Rex and EJ Manuel admits his days may be numbered in Buffalo.

I'm an EJ supporter as feel he offers more upside than Cassel but I'm more than willing to side with Matt if EJ doesn't step up.

sudzy
08-17-2015, 05:10 PM
and an 8-8 record.

Hey, look it's a full season. That's more the EJ ever done. (or will)

Generalissimus Gibby
08-17-2015, 05:12 PM
I propose that we build an atomizer at OBD and collide and combine at the molecular level EJ, Tyrod, and Matt. It will be a beast that can make short throws, be very mobile, and have a cannon that can spread the field. Really though, I wouldn't mind going with Cassel first, and every now and again, maybe up to ten to fifteen snaps a game bringing in Taylor for a change of pace QB. Then hopefully we can find a QB in the draft this off season.

The Jokeman
08-17-2015, 05:13 PM

but let's rally around a guy who's been in the league and never started a game like TT. I know he's got 35 passes under his belt and has 2 INTs but he was so exciting against second teamers in a preseason game.

The Jokeman
08-17-2015, 05:14 PM
I propose that we build an atomizer at OBD and collide and combine at the molecular level EJ, Tyrod, and Matt. It will be a beast that can make short throws, be very mobile, and have a cannon that can spread the field. Really though, I wouldn't mind going with Cassel first, and every now and again, maybe up to ten to fifteen snaps a game bringing in Taylor for a change of pace QB. Then hopefully we can find a QB in the draft this off season.

I could live with this and say keep EJ around just in case Cassel/Tyrod get hurt. As everyone seems to forget Cassel won the starting job last year in Minny but got hurt early in the season and that's the only reason Teddy won rookie of the year.

WagonCircler
08-17-2015, 05:16 PM
I propose that we build an atomizer at OBD and collide and combine at the molecular level EJ, Tyrod, and Matt..

I still don't think you have a franchise QB, even if you could do that.

But I agree with the rest of what you said.

The platoon QB has never been a favorite situation, but when you have no real star QB on the team, you might as well try to get the best out of what you have.

better days
08-17-2015, 09:45 PM
Well, I watched the Bills - Panthers game again because I wanted to see it one more time before the Browns game Thursday.

And I guess I was too hard on Cassel after watching the game the first time.

Oh wait NO I was NOT!

By the 2nd series, the defense CROWDED the Line of scrimmage because they KNEW Cassel would not throw downfield.

Just like with Edwards & Fitz!

We will see what happens against the Browns, but I DOUBT Cassel leads the Bills to a single TD drive.

better days
08-17-2015, 09:53 PM

Yeah, well QUESTIONABLE that Cassel plays an entire season.

And EJ was 2-2 last year before the IDIOT sat him.

coastal
08-17-2015, 09:56 PM

baalworship
08-17-2015, 11:03 PM
Matt Cassel reminds me of Trent Edwards before the hit to his head. That will win you some games when the competition is bad. But not who I want in there to beat Patriots, Colts, etc.

Jimkelly12203
08-17-2015, 11:25 PM
It feels like running the read option with Shady and Tyrod has the most upside. It won't be beautiful all of the time, but you know it's going to give opposing defenses fits.

It's a real tough nut to crack. And the next game (or two) will tell the story. Do you go with the safe thing, or roll the dice on something potentially more dynamic.

Roman is clearly the ideal OC to have to solve this problem.

I think any fan of this team would be rooting for Taylor to win the job. If he wins it, and it isn't a farce then we're in better shape than if we simply revert to the familiar and start Cassel.

But at this point i think we can all agree that it's just conjecture. Only time will tell. We need to see more.

For the staff, however, i think they are much closer to making a decision than they are letting on. They've been with all these guys long enough and are professionals. They know who they want. And they know what they need to see in order to pull the trigger.

If Taylor is mediocre Thursday it will be Cassel. And for good reason. If Taylor is great, it will be him. And everyone will be holding their breath praying it's a gamble that pays off.

****, in this league, you go big or go home. I want Taylor to play well enough to justify our staff playing that game of russian roulette.

Truth is, T-Pegs isn't firing this staff after one year. What we're really gambling with is not the jobs of our coaching staff, but the very existence of an elite defense. How long can this unit stay this good? I don't know but it's clearly time to take advantage of that unit. If you blow it on the QB you're potentially wasting a deep playoff caliber defense that might not be this good for too much longer. Big pay days await that unit. It's now or never in that regard.

djjimkelly
08-18-2015, 05:01 AM
im being funny but if the read option is why we are rolling with tyrod they should have signed tebow lol

senseofdoom
08-18-2015, 08:22 AM
As long as it's close I have to believe it'll be Tyrod. I think it would kill Rex to have to play it safe with Cassel. Safe is just not his style.

BuffaloRedleg
08-18-2015, 08:37 AM
I refuse to get excited about any of these QBs. Tyrod at least has some upside.

Why anyone would favor any of these QBs is beyond me, especially at this point.

Let the preseason unfold at may the best man win, I could give a flying **** who it is.

trapezeus
08-18-2015, 09:01 AM
all three qbs are fairly unremarkable. a fan club for any of these guys is laughable for this point of the competition. but whoever gets the nod will have my support. i think we know where cassel's ceiling is. he can probably get us into the playoffs. that's fun for this year. AFter that? do you think he can take us further than a game into the playoffs? my personal feeling is no.

that being said, this d is in its prime. we don't have the luxury to blow another season and hope we can draft a guy in a class where there hasn't been a big name bandied about.

The team is no doubt between a rock and a hardplace. and seeing that we all just want to be in the playoffs, i'll take cassel for this year. i just worry that it's not enough to really take advantage of this defense and give us a little hope at bigger things.

Bill Cody
08-18-2015, 09:07 AM
we've got matt cassell! woohoo

CommissarSpartacus
08-18-2015, 09:43 AM
What does it say about a league that can only produce 10 or so competent players at the most important position on the field?

better days
08-18-2015, 09:48 AM
What does it say about a league that can only produce 10 or so competent players at the most important position on the field?

IMO, it says the pipeline of QB's coming out of college ready to play QB in the NFL has dried up & the NFL needs a developmental league.

sukie
08-18-2015, 09:59 AM
We almost won 10 games last year with a similar QB but with a worse surrounding cast. I think Cassel and company could get us 10 plus wins as long as the D and ST stay on point and McCoy proves he's a better RB than FJax/Spiller/Brown/Dixon showed last year which seems possible. Yet I know we should keep the exciting Tyrod in there who got dumped 4 times today by the Browns and completed 1 pass with the first team offense. http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/20137/bills-qbs-receivers-own-browns-dbs-in-joint-practice because excitement is more important than passing.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see more than 7 wins. The AFC east will be brutal this year. Jets have same QB issues we have but I would take Fitz over Cassel/Tyrod/EJ and they have a good defense. Miami will see (IMO) a better offense and they too have a improved D especially the line with Suh. Tannehill was handles correctly... Live or die he's playing while growing. The Bills give up on QBs before week 6.

The lack of QB play will be glaring. Teams will stuff the box to crush any hopes of a run and force QB "x" to beat them. I don't see anyone that can do that. A unning (for his life) QB isn't gonna cut it nor is a dink and dunk check off QB when feeling pressure. One of the 3 AFC east teams will pull off a sweep. The other 2 will be splits. (5 losses) Buffalo is still pencilled in by fans of other teams as a win or winnable games.

justasportsfan
08-18-2015, 09:59 AM
there was a bills receiver streaking down the field and Matt Cassel opted to throw it to Clay for a first down. That is what I expect to happen with Cassel if he becomes our qb.

IMO ,Cassel could have scored a TD on that play.

Buffalogic
08-18-2015, 10:15 AM
In regards to Cassel, people said the same diminishing bull**** about Orton last year when I said we should sign him. He only lead us to our best record in a decade. Cassel is the obvious choice if we want to win instead of babying another new guy.

Bill Cody
08-18-2015, 10:19 AM
In regards to Cassel, people said the same diminishing bull**** about Orton last year when I said we should sign him. He only lead us to our best record in a decade. Cassel is the obvious choice if we want to win instead of babying another new guy.

I agree. We can get to mediocre with Cassell just like Orton. Sound the trumpets!

better days
08-18-2015, 10:20 AM

9-7 with the last win MEANINGLESS.

I will pass on that.

Give me a QB that is exciting & fun to watch & that may take the Bills farther than Cassel or Orton ever could.

Buffalogic
08-18-2015, 10:21 AM
I agree. We can get to mediocre with Cassell just like Orton. Sound the trumpets!We were one game away from the playoffs last year. Let's turn our back on that in favor of giving another unproven and possibly terrible qb a chance to cut his teeth on an otherwise playoff team.

Buffalogic
08-18-2015, 10:22 AM
9-7 with the last win MEANINGLESS.

I will pass on that.

Give me a QB that is exciting & fun to watch & that may take the Bills farther than Cassel or Orton ever could.Ya and we overcame two losses in the beginning of the season which EJ gift wrapped for the other team. I can go tit for tat too if you want to play that game.

better days
08-18-2015, 10:24 AM
We were one game away from the playoffs last year. Let's turn our back on that in favor of giving another unproven and possibly terrible qb a chance to cut his teeth on an otherwise playoff team.

The Bills were knocked out of the playoffs by the Raiders.

And there were two games to play before the Raiders game, so really, the Bills were two games away from the playoffs last year.

WagonCircler
08-18-2015, 10:25 AM

It's says that it's a league in which the position that if far, far, FAR and away the most difficult in any sport, and it's at a premium.

And it also says that the farm system, College Football, is no longer producing QBs who are equipped to thrive in NFL systems, because the college game has been dumbed down to cater to "athletic QB's" who don't go to class, but can run a 4.3 40 yard dash.

Buffalogic
The Bills were knocked out of the playoffs by the Raiders.

And there were two games to play before the Raiders game, so really, the Bills were two games away from the playoffs last year.And EJ lost two games personally to start the season.

better days
Ya and we overcame two losses in the beginning of the season which EJ gift wrapped for the other team. I can go tit for tat too if you want to play that game.

EJ also won two games I DOUBT Orton would have.

Buffalogic
08-18-2015, 10:27 AM
EJ also won two games I DOUBT Orton would have.But my comment is factual, yours is hypothetical. So, you lose.

Bill Cody
08-18-2015, 10:55 AM
We were one game away from the playoffs last year. Let's turn our back on that in favor of giving another unproven and possibly terrible qb a chance to cut his teeth on an otherwise playoff team.

Orton sucks. Cassell sucks. Even if you made the playoffs with either one you'd have no chance. Fact: all drafted QB's are unproven. And all street free agent QB's (Orton) and guys you get for a 6th round pick (Cassell) are journeymen. You and I have way different goals. I want to win a SB. Matt Cassell cannot get us there. Not now, not ever. I would rather take a chance with EJ or Tie Rod. They may never develop but there is a small chance one of them will.

Buffalogic
08-18-2015, 11:18 AM
Orton sucks. Cassell sucks. Even if you made the playoffs with either one you'd have no chance. Fact: all drafted QB's are unproven. And all street free agent QB's (Orton) and guys you get for a 6th round pick (Cassell) are journeymen. You and I have way different goals. I want to win a SB. Matt Cassell cannot get us there. Not now, not ever. I would rather take a chance with EJ or Tie Rod. They may never develop but there is a small chance one of them will.That's why we are terrible every year because of that mindset. Let's go back to scratch every year. You have 0 chance if you don't get into the tourney. You and I have different goals? We haven't been to the playoffs in 16 years but let's just win the superbowl, mkay? Be more unrealistic and ridiculous. You live on hope every year. Come back to reality. Dilfer won a superbowl as did Brad Johnson. What running qb or first round bust qb has won a superbowl? Ya, none. You have a flawed equivalency.

trapezeus
08-18-2015, 11:51 AM
EJ didn't win the dolphins game. that was a kickoff return and a lot of long range fieldgoals with adominant defense.
EJ didn't lose the Houston game. he was a project qb, given a plain vanilla offense and bit hard in the start of his second season. the bills were still close and should have still strategically been able to win that game.

my point is that EJ was where any reasonable person would have expected him to be. i think the shortfalls of the coaching staff was the reason they abandoned him. they needed someone who was more seasoned and didn't need coaching because they wouldn't get it with marrone/hackett.

Orton gave up on the bills in the broncos game when he slid on 3rd and 3 in a winnable statement game in denver. That was unforgivable to me. The detroit game required an incredible catch by watkins to give carpenter to boot a 50+ field goal. He lost in oakland with the playoffs still on the line. The guy was atrocious. at the beginning he seemed like a fun guy to root for, but the lack of heart when he would just push his back into the sack instead of trying to find someone downfield.

i think as bad as the two of them were, the coaching deserves the same level of scorn. all three failed to deliver.

Victor7
08-18-2015, 12:08 PM
Sign me up on the Cassel bandwagon.

No I'm not super excited and no I don't think he's the 2nd coming of Unitas.

But I do think he's our best option. We don't need Manningesque performance out of the QB position. We need solid, few turnovers, make a couple of throws here and there. Cassel is fit to accomplish that.

Does Taylor have more upside ? Of course. But for all I know he's just another great athlete that can run very fast parading as a QB because he has a strong arm. Quarterbacks need to stand in the pocket, read a defense and deliver accurate throws. Most running qbs cant' do that. I'm not saying Taylor can't btw. I've seen little of him to completely grade him. But odds are he can't. That's just how running qbs work.

Roll with Cassel. If after a few games things aren't working out lets go ahead and try Taylor. But like another poster said. We did well with Orton last year. Cassel is similar. We have a MUCH better OC now. Lets give it a shot before rolling the dice on the unknown.

Buffalogic
08-18-2015, 12:12 PM
EJ didn't lose the Houston game. he was a project qb, given a plain vanilla offense and bit hard in the start of his second season. the bills were still close and should have still strategically been able to win that game.

You're kidding right? He gift wrapped a pick 6 to Watt as we were in the redzone going for a double digit lead. If that's not losing a game, nothing is.

JoeMama
08-18-2015, 12:25 PM
None of our QB's are worthy of having a bandwagon.

It seems like most of the buzz around Matt Cassel and Tyrod Taylor has more to do with "HOORAY! THEY'RE NOT EJ ****ING MANUEL!" than anything else.

And I'll admit, that line of thinking holds a certain appeal since it's nice to have some options not named EJ Manuel.

But Cassel is coming off some really bad seasons.

And Taylor seems more like a running QB than a passing QB -- an archetype I don't trust since they're so easily figured out by DC's.

swiper
08-18-2015, 12:25 PM
I refuse to get excited about any of these QBs. Tyrod at least has some upside.

Why anyone would favor any of these QBs is beyond me, especially at this point.

Let the preseason unfold at may the best man win, I could give a flying **** who it is.

I don't disagree. But it is very hard to get geared up for a season with the QBs situation the way that it is.

swiper
08-18-2015, 12:32 PM
I think even Better Days has agreed on two important facts:

1. This team, overall, is stronger than last years.

2. Matt Cassel is better than Orton.

A) Cassel has the benefit of being here in the pre-season (Orton wasn't).
B) And he tries harder than Orton (Mr. take the money and run).

better days
08-18-2015, 12:36 PM

Yeah I do agree with this. And I would take Cassel over Orton who would rather lose the game than take a hit to get a first down.

justasportsfan
08-18-2015, 12:41 PM
Cassel wouldn't have done anything with Marrone especially without a training camp. I would take Orton over him.

WagonCircler
08-18-2015, 12:50 PM
It seems like most of the buzz around Matt Cassel and Tyrod Taylor has more to do with "HOORAY! THEY'RE NOT EJ ****ING MANUEL!" than anything else..

We have a winner. Please, no more calls.

Victor7
08-18-2015, 12:50 PM

I think Orton is better than Cassel. I think he's smarter in terms of reading D and calling plays. But he's not light years better anyway so Cassel being here for the whole thing unlike Orton who arrived on short notice is for sure an advantage.

I still wonder if Orton could be talked back into playing. When he retired Rex wasn't our head coach yet. Maybe he would play for him. Who knows.

better days
08-18-2015, 01:22 PM
I think Orton is better than Cassel. I think he's smarter in terms of reading D and calling plays. But he's not light years better anyway so Cassel being here for the whole thing unlike Orton who arrived on short notice is for sure an advantage.

I still wonder if Orton could be talked back into playing. When he retired Rex wasn't our head coach yet. Maybe he would play for him. Who knows.

I doubt Rex would want a LOSER at QB that would rather hit the dirt than face being tackled to get a first down.

sukie
08-18-2015, 01:26 PM
I fthe bills were to somehow showcase Cassel and trade him wouldn't it save like 4.1 million in cap space? Same if he was cut?

better days
08-18-2015, 01:31 PM
I fthe bills were to somehow showcase Cassel and trade him wouldn't it save like 4.1 million in cap space? Same if he was cut?

Yeah, Cassel does not have any guaranteed money coming.

The Bills can either cut him or trade him & save that $4 Mill.

stuckincincy
08-18-2015, 01:42 PM

I don't know how they would do that. If he played a lot in preseason and looked good, they would keep him. If he looked bad, they pay a price for robbing snaps needed for evaluating other roster quarterbacks.

My guess is the final roster will be Cassel and Manuel.

WagonCircler
08-18-2015, 02:10 PM
My guess is the final roster will be Cassel and Manuel.

The potential for that happening might just be less than zero.

Tyrod is Rex's boy. He wanted to draft him when he was with the Jets. He brought him here. He's the one giving him more first team reps than any of the other QBs.

No way he's going anywhere.

Night Train
08-18-2015, 02:21 PM
I think there's a Trentative Bandwagon in the garage that never exceeded 5 mph.

We can just slap Cassels' name over it.

Bill Cody
08-18-2015, 02:28 PM
That's why we are terrible every year because of that mindset.

You are nuts if you think that. A "mindset" doesn't make a journeyman QB better. He sucks every bit as much no matter whether you're sticking pins in voo doo dolls or wearing Casell underoos. So stop that nonsense. Cassell is what he is. Not good enough.

trapezeus
08-18-2015, 02:57 PM
You're kidding right? He gift wrapped a pick 6 to Watt as we were in the redzone going for a double digit lead. If that's not losing a game, nothing is.

he definitely threw that pass. but i didn't see an offense when he was benched that ran more efficiently. i saw a lot of 3 and outs and settling for long fieldgoals.

he wasn't 0-4 when that pass was thrown. it certainly sucked. and they definitely run that play repeatedly that it was almost inevitable.

my point is that the QB's and the coaches were collectively awful last season

The Jokeman
08-18-2015, 03:33 PM
Cassel wouldn't have done anything with Marrone especially without a training camp. I would take Orton over him.

Ironic that Cassel replaced Orton in KC that eventually went with Alex Smith who only played his best under Roman in San Francisco and as a result Roman had to stick with Kaepernick and eventually cost him his job. So in some sense we can thank Orton for Cassel and/or Roman.

Victor7
08-18-2015, 04:20 PM
I doubt Rex would want a LOSER at QB that would rather hit the dirt than face being tackled to get a first down.

That play was incredibly pathetic. I won't deny it pissed me off. But like I said. That was playing for the fat quitting ***** Marrone.

Maybe playing for Rex would be different.

cookie G
08-18-2015, 04:50 PM
Ironic that Cassel replaced Orton in KC that eventually went with Alex Smith who only played his best under Roman in San Francisco and as a result Roman had to stick with Kaepernick and eventually cost him his job. So in some sense we can thank Orton for Cassel and/or Roman.

Orton was only there as a back up..Cassell was Scott Pioli's baby and a big reason Pioli got canned as GM.

Orton only played because Cassell got hurt. He won 2 of the last 3 games for the chiefs.

Scott Pioli didn't offer him a contract the next year, sticking with Cassell. It was a bad, bad, bad move.

Cassell ended up 1-8 as a starter in 2012. Chiefs fans cheered when he got injured. (seriously, they did) 6 TDs and 12 INts in 2012. His play was no better than Brady Quinn. Pioli was fired after the season.

The first move Andy Reid did when he took over was to trade for Alex Smith. His 2nd was to dump Matt Cassell, despite eating 2 years of a hefty contract. Andy Reid knew better.

They went from scoring 211 points in 2012 with Cassell to 430 points in 2013 w/o Cassell.

This is the guy people want as their QB.

Yeah...put me on the bandwagon!!!

swiper
08-18-2015, 05:00 PM
Orton was only there as a back up..Cassell was Scott Pioli's baby and a big reason Pioli got canned as GM.

Orton only played because Cassell got hurt. He won 2 of the last 3 games for the chiefs.

Scott Pioli didn't offer him a contract the next year, sticking with Cassell. It was a bad, bad, bad move.

Cassell ended up 1-8 as a starter in 2012. Chiefs fans cheered when he got injured. (seriously, they did) 6 TDs and 12 INts in 2012. His play was no better than Brady Quinn. Pioli was fired after the season.

The first move Andy Reid did when he took over was to trade for Alex Smith. His 2nd was to dump Matt Cassell, despite eating 2 years of a hefty contract. Andy Reid knew better.

They went from scoring 211 points in 2012 with Cassell to 430 points in 2013 w/o Cassell.

LOL. And I remember those Chies fans cheering his injury. That's how much I hate Taylor and Manuel. I am firmly on the bandwagon if these are the only QBs we can have.

Victor7
08-18-2015, 05:01 PM

You make it sound as if we are excited about the idea or calling it genius.

We are not and its not. But out of the ONLY 3 options offered. That's the best (least ****ty) one.

swiper
08-18-2015, 05:02 PM
he definitely threw that pass. but i didn't see an offense when he was benched that ran more efficiently. i saw a lot of 3 and outs and settling for long fieldgoals.

he wasn't 0-4 when that pass was thrown. it certainly sucked. and they definitely run that play repeatedly that it was almost inevitable.

my point is that the QB's and the coaches were collectively awful last season

Groan. Orton & Marrone took you to the best record in over ten years. Hate them if you want, but they produced. Manuel didn't help things.

better days
08-18-2015, 05:04 PM

They were talking about Smith & Kaepernick on WGR this morning.

When Smith was the starter, they would bring in Kaep to shake things up a few times per game.

They were speculating that Roman may do the same with Tyrod if Cassel is named the starter.

Makes sense to me.

better days
08-18-2015, 05:07 PM
Groan. Orton & Marrone took you to the best record in over ten years. Hate them if you want, but they produced. Manuel didn't help things.

WHAT did they produce?

A PHONY 9-7. No playoffs.

And EJ did help, won against the Bears in Chicago & against the Fins who killed Orton.

A

swiper
08-18-2015, 05:07 PM
They were talking about Smith & Kaepernick on WGR this morning.

When Smith was the starter, they would bring in Kaep to shake things up a few times per game.

They were speculating that Roman may do the same with Tyrod if Cassel is named the starter.

Makes sense to me.

Sounds exactly like what they are planning.

swiper
08-18-2015, 05:09 PM
WHAT did they produce?

A PHONY 9-7. No playoffs.

And EJ did help, won against the Bears in Chicago & against the Fins who killed Orton.

A

Would have won more had they had the guts to give up on Manuel when they should have and gotten Orton in here in camp to learn the offense.

And 9-7 is 9-7. There is absolutely NOTHING fake about it Sally.

better days
08-18-2015, 05:15 PM
Would have won more had they had the guts to give up on Manuel when they should have and gotten Orton in here in camp to learn the offense.

And 9-7 is 9-7. There is absolutely NOTHING fake about it Sally.

Well, if Brady sits out game two, that win won't be a fake either, but come on.

And Orton refused to come until camp was over, he did not want to go to TC just like he did not want to run for a first down.

He was already retired in his mind.

And if EJ played the Raiders game maybe the Bills would have won that game & made the playoffs.