PDA

View Full Version : trade EJ for barkley

djjimkelly
08-18-2015, 11:32 AM
only makes sense. we like trading with the eagles .

has more upside then anyone on this roster but that isnt saying much.

ej would do better under chip

and on multiple levels it would make TD happy

WagonCircler
08-18-2015, 11:35 AM

No trade necessary. They will both be cut ten days from now.

OpIv37
08-18-2015, 11:35 AM
So are we now a retirement home for useless USC QB's? Can we get Leinart and Sanchez too?

MillsapsBillsFan
08-18-2015, 11:37 AM
Why bother. You could pick whichever one of the eagles QB's doesnt make the roster (Tebow or Barkley) with out needing to trade anything when they get cut.

Barkley wouldnt exactly walk in and start either, so i'm not even sure what the point of a trade like that would be

Also Im not sure if you can really judge potential out of chip kelly's system. It is a remarkable system, so not taking anything away from it. But I cant really think of a QB that hasn't looked pretty good in Chip Kelly's system (College or Pro).

djjimkelly
08-18-2015, 11:41 AM
i dont think barkley starts here currently. but at least we would have someone for when the other 2 fail. if they fail.

better days
08-18-2015, 01:28 PM
I would rather trade EJ for Mike Glennon.

And that trade would make just as much sense.

EJ & Jameis were teammates at FSU.

Mike
08-18-2015, 01:36 PM

Better Days: who would you rather have: EJ or Winston?

better days
08-18-2015, 01:44 PM
Better Days: who would you rather have: EJ or Winston?

Well, I am a Bucs fan as well as a Bills fan, so for now, I have them both.

Winston will probably have a better career than EJ, but he is off to a slow start.

He SUCKED on Saturday night.

Mike
08-18-2015, 01:48 PM
Well, I am a Bucs fan as well as a Bills fan, so for now, I have them both.

Winston will probably have a better career than EJ, but he is off to a slow start.

He SUCKED on Saturday night.

So, who would you rather have?

better days
08-18-2015, 02:01 PM
So, who would you rather have?

Jameis

But as I said before, it is easier to root for EJ.

Mike
08-18-2015, 02:34 PM
Jameis

But as I said before, it is easier to root for EJ.

Glad to see you come around

When EJ was drafted, many FSU fans were glad because Jameis was ready to come in. According to those fans, a redshirt Jamie's was significantly better than EJ.... Something he went in to prove with a Championship & Heisman trophy.

At the time you defended EJ, & called out anyone saying that Jameis was better as a 'hater'

Ironically 3 years later, your Bucs draft Jamie's,
EJ is a bust
and you finally come around to something I predicted 3years ago...

camelcowboy
08-18-2015, 02:40 PM
I want metternberger. He's the real deal

Buffalogic
08-18-2015, 02:44 PM
Trade EJ for an extra roster spot. Cut him.

stuckincincy
08-18-2015, 02:56 PM
Trade EJ for an extra roster spot. Cut him.

Nobody is wanting to trade for Manuel, but if the Bills were dumb enough to just outright cut him, he wouldn't last past a few waiver priority clubs...they would be happy to take a flyer on him to see if they could make something happen with the top qb pick of his draft class.

better days
08-18-2015, 03:12 PM
Glad to see you come around

When EJ was drafted, many FSU fans were glad because Jameis was ready to come in. According to those fans, a redshirt Jamie's was significantly better than EJ.... Something he went in to prove with a Championship & Heisman trophy.

At the time you defended EJ, & called out anyone saying that Jameis was better as a 'hater'

Ironically 3 years later, your Bucs draft Jamie's,
EJ is a bust
and you finally come around to something I predicted 3years ago...

Well, Jameis was not as good last year as the year before & I am hopeful he becomes a franchise QB, but I don't think it is a lock for that to happen.

He does seem to have matured off the field from where he was 3 years ago.

better days
08-18-2015, 03:14 PM
And I REALLY don't care who the Bills starting QB is, I just want to watch the Bills WIN.

Mr. Pink
08-18-2015, 03:15 PM
Trade one bad QB for another bad QB, great plan!

Buffalogic
08-18-2015, 03:20 PM
Nobody is wanting to trade for Manuel, but if the Bills were dumb enough to just outright cut him, he wouldn't last past a few waiver priority clubs...they would be happy to take a flyer on him to see if they could make something happen with the top qb pick of his draft class.
Who cares? Just get him off my team.

TacklingDummy
08-18-2015, 03:33 PM

Id rather have EJ.

The Jokeman
08-18-2015, 03:37 PM
Id rather have EJ.

Agreed. Barkley not making it or even being talked about Philly is telling how bad he is.

kscdogbillsfan1221
08-18-2015, 04:25 PM
So are we now a retirement home for useless USC QB's? Can we get Leinart and Sanchez too?

IIRC, haven't we already given Leinart a shot here? Was that last year or the year before and he s&&& the bed?

swiper
08-18-2015, 04:29 PM

I think the Bucs look at Glennon as their primary back-up, don't they?

Who else do they have on their roster at QB?

swiper
08-18-2015, 04:31 PM
See back-up QB thread. Mettenberger, McGloin... like that. I'm sure Whaley is keeping an eye on things. Or hope he is.

better days
08-18-2015, 05:18 PM
I think the Bucs look at Glennon as their primary back-up, don't they?

Who else do they have on their roster at QB?

Yeah, Glennon will be the back up.

MillsapsBillsFan
08-18-2015, 05:36 PM
IIRC, haven't we already given Leinart a shot here? Was that last year or the year before and he s&&& the bed?

Yeah we gave him a shot. Came in for one week, sucked in the preseason game he played in and then he was right back out the door

Night Train
08-18-2015, 07:31 PM
Agreed. Barkley not making it or even being talked about Philly is telling how bad he is.

I remember the year he came out, people were saying we should pick him in Round 1. ( He went in Round 4 )

He was a good college QB, like 50,000 others who never made it in the NFL.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
08-18-2015, 07:42 PM

I just remember Chris Berman saying "EJ Manuel" with the same disgust as when he said "Aaron Maybin."

BuffaloRedleg
08-18-2015, 10:37 PM
This website has officially become the place where people who don't make it onto WGR550 come to post their opinion.

Jesus Christ.

Famous Amos
08-19-2015, 04:57 AM
How about Ryan Nassib from the Giants?

djjimkelly
08-19-2015, 06:14 AM
Trade one bad QB for another bad QB, great plan!

well you got a better one?

im all for being ridiculed. but whats the better plan? all these guys suck

Albany,n.y.
08-19-2015, 10:41 AM
well you got a better one?

im all for being ridiculed. but whats the better plan? all these guys suck

Here's a better plan-Don't propose stupid trades without thinking things through.
Nobody is going to trade for EJ because he has a 1st round contract that they'd have to pay him.
Therefore, EJ is not tradable. If he can't make the team the Bills have no choice other than releasing him & paying the guaranteed money. Once he's waived & clears waivers another team can sign him on their own terms.
Also, what good is it picking up another team's trash from the same draft that the team already decided NOT to draft the guy in the 1st place? None of these guys the Bills passed on have shown any reason to pick them up.
All the trade for this or that QB is, is posters who wanted this guy or that guy in the draft the Bills passed on him thinking they know more than the Bills management. BuffaloRedleg summed it up nicely in post 28.

OpIv37
08-21-2015, 07:22 AM
Btw EJ has no trade value. Literally none.

As soon as the Bills offer him up for trade, other teams will know he isn't making the roster and will just wait for us to cut him. He doesn't have enough value for some team to trade for him just to avoid the possibility of another team getting him.

Night Train
08-21-2015, 08:10 AM
This website has officially become the place where people who don't make it onto WGR550 come to post their opinion.

Jesus Christ.

The whiner line, in print. :up:

better days
08-21-2015, 10:27 AM
Btw EJ has no trade value. Literally none.

As soon as the Bills offer him up for trade, other teams will know he isn't making the roster and will just wait for us to cut him. He doesn't have enough value for some team to trade for him just to avoid the possibility of another team getting him.

On WGR the other day, Sal said if EJ were cut he would be the best available QB out there & for that reason, he has trade value, even if it is not for a high pick.

OpIv37
08-21-2015, 10:29 AM
On WGR the other day, Sal said if EJ were cut he would be the best available QB out there & for that reason, he has trade value, even if it is not for a high pick.
Still, unless a team is having injury issues at QB EJ isn't going to have any appeal.

GreedoII
08-21-2015, 10:31 AM
trade EJ for a box of double stuffed Oreos...mmmm

better days
08-21-2015, 10:37 AM
Still, unless a team is having injury issues at QB EJ isn't going to have any appeal.

The Jets & Pats* could both use a QB.

If EJ were cut you can bet one of them would grab him.

OpIv37
08-21-2015, 10:45 AM
The Jets & Pats* could both use a QB.

If EJ were cut you can bet one of them would grab him.

Pats won't need one because Brady's gonna skate, but I could see Belicheck grabbing him to pick his brain about our O then cutting him. I can't see them giving us anything for him.

The Jets? Maybe, but are they going to give up anything to a div rival? I doubt it.

Albany,n.y.
08-21-2015, 10:46 AM

If a team trades for him they have to pay him $1.2 million this year & $1.6 next year. If he gets waived a team can sign him for $525,000. Why would a team commit to paying the original contract with no reps in their system going into this season? He wouldn't be ready for even 2nd string for a few weeks into the season since any trade would be after the final exhibition game.
Also, I didn't look at his cap hit until today. If the Bills trade him there's a $2-4 million cap hit. If anyone can definitively tell me the exact # from the following data please do. You have to scroll over the dead $ to see the $4 million figure, but that might include guaranteed $ this year & next. The cap hit alone might mean they just keep him through this year as 3rd stringer for economic reasons: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/e.j.-manuel/#

Contract: 4 yr(s) / $8,885,300 Signing Bonus $4,842,036 Average Salary$2,221,325 Guaranteed:$8,885,300 Free Agent:2017 / UFA

YearAgeBase SalaryBase SalarySigning BonusWorkout BonusCap HitDead CapCap Hit

2013 Contract details by year 23 $405,000 $1,210,509 - $1,615,509 $8,885,300
2014 Contract details by year 24 $808,877 $1,210,509 - $2,019,386 $7,269,791
2015 Contract details by year 25 $1,212,755 $1,210,509 - $2,423,264 $5,250,405
2016 Contract details by year 26 $1,616,632 $1,210,509 - $2,827,141 $2,827,141
2017 Free Agent Year 27
UFA

OpIv37
08-21-2015, 10:53 AM
If the Bills trade him they won't have to absorb the cap hit. The new team just takes over the contract. The only way the Bills would have to pay that is if they are part of his cap hit as a condition of the deal.