PDA

View Full Version : LeSean McCoy limps off the field at Bills practice with leg injury

Buffalogic
08-18-2015, 05:29 PM
Please don't be a serious injury. Please (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/18/lesean-mccoy-limps-off-the-field-at-bills-practice-with-leg-injury/)

swiper
08-18-2015, 05:31 PM
eee-yikes!

Yasgur's Farm
08-18-2015, 05:33 PM
Prolly hammy

better days
08-18-2015, 05:34 PM
eee-yikes!

You took the words right out of my mouth- Meatloaf

MillsapsBillsFan
08-18-2015, 05:35 PM
Are we going to have any offensive skill players that aren't tight ends left by the end of camp?

Hope this isn't serious. It doesn't even have to be said that this would be a major setback for an already underperforming offense

Yasgur's Farm
Chris Trapasso @ChrisTrapasso

#Bills - #Browns practice done a little early. We'll hopefully be getting an update on McCoy from Rex shortly.

BillsImpossible
Sounds like a hammy. He should be ready to go week 1.

Know what's crazy? If the season started this Sunday, Fred Jackson would be the #1 running back.

Yasgur's Farm
Mike Rodak ✔ @mikerodak

LeSean McCoy leaves practice with leg injury: http://es.pn/1E1JCq7

swiper
08-18-2015, 05:41 PM
Are we going to have any offensive skill players that aren't tight ends left by the end of camp?

Yeah. Hogan. If they don't cut him first.

swiper
08-18-2015, 05:42 PM
Mike Rodak ✔ @mikerodak

LeSean McCoy leaves practice with leg injury: http://es.pn/1E1JCq7

Going to war with Hill & Seale.

I can hear it now. If Taylor has a bad outing it will be their fault.

MikeInRoch
08-18-2015, 05:46 PM
Sounds like a hammy. He should be ready to go week 1.

Know what's crazy? If the season started this Sunday, Fred Jackson would be the #1 running back.

Ummm, no.

#Bills HC Rex Ryan called Fred Jackson's hamstring injury "major." Hopes he's back for the Pittsburgh game.

BillsImpossible
08-18-2015, 05:47 PM
Per Rex Ryan, McCoy has a hamstring injury.

Said Karlos Williams will be back in about 2 weeks.

Yasgur's Farm
08-18-2015, 05:47 PM
TT has had 2 back t back sup-par practices... EJ has had 2 back to back good practices.

swiper
08-18-2015, 05:48 PM
Great trainers we have.

BillsImpossible
08-18-2015, 05:48 PM
Ummm, no.

#Bills HC Rex Ryan called Fred Jackson's hamstring injury "major." Hopes he's back for the Pittsburgh game.

I was just going by what Fred said today on WGR. He said that if today was a game day he'd be ready to go. But that's Fred.

No way in hell Fred Jackson gets cut after all this.

swiper
08-18-2015, 05:54 PM
TT has had 2 back t back sup-par practices... EJ has had 2 back to back good practices.

You know it's going to keep going that way as long as they allow it to - ie back and forth. But at this stage of the game they have to find their starter, whether they tell us who it is or not. That person has to start refining his work with the first team. It appears they are going to jostle Cassel and Taylor right up to the start of the season. But whichever guy is to start could use the extra reps at this point.

Mace
Back in my day, backs could run with one leg.

BuffaloWingEater
thats why he should have kept his party. *****es can rub that shiz out for him.

BillsImpossible
08-18-2015, 05:57 PM

Players are dropping like flies, and it's been stupid hot the past 2 days.

Goodwin collapsed on the field and passed out. Hogan suffered from heat exhaustion.

Guys are getting dinged up, Wynn and Powell are out for the season.

McCoy went down, and as a result the practice was cut short tonight.

At this point, players are playing to stay healthy and they have to be exhausted.

Thursday's going to be interesting.

EJ could start with the 2's.

sudzy
08-18-2015, 06:03 PM
Bryce Brown is going to have to play the whole game Thursday.

swiper
08-18-2015, 06:14 PM
Bryce Brown is going to have to play the whole game Thursday.

http://imgick.syracuse.com/home/syr-media/width620/img/buffalo-bills/photo/2014/11/09/16300726-standard.jpg

Yasgur's Farm
08-18-2015, 06:22 PM
Ouch!

YardRat
08-18-2015, 06:23 PM
Thigpen may see some snaps from the backfield.

ublinkwescore
08-18-2015, 06:25 PM
give them a day off and tell them to stay in their dorms and just play video games tomorrow.

alohabillsfan
08-18-2015, 06:45 PM
Waiting for Rex to call ray rice

- - - Updated - - -

Waiting for Rex to call ray rice

BertSquirtgum
08-18-2015, 07:43 PM
Cut him.

Skooby
08-18-2015, 07:48 PM
Is he going to be ready for the regular season in a month ?? Bruce Smith had a hammy issue every pre-season & was a monster come regular season.

justasportsfan
08-18-2015, 09:01 PM
Anyone still think cutting Fjax a good idea?

Jimkelly12203
08-19-2015, 12:17 AM
This is the effect that performance enhancing medical advances (both the legal ones and the not so legal ones) have on a game like pro football.

Simply put, the science behind the training these guys put their bodies through (again, both legal and not) has vastly out-paced the physics of the human body.

These guys are so freakishly strong and so freakishly fast that the physical composition of a human bone / ligament cannot withstand the kind of power that their muscles are generating.

It's why i'm positively freaked out that my boys play this game.

I feel like there was a time when dudes drank raw eggs in the morning, hit on some bags and squatted a few times a week to get into football shape. Today it's just a different animal and this sport is suffering from it. The ideal football player physique (and almost all of them are in ideal shape in this day and age) is the equivalent of driving a cooper mini with an F-14 engine under the hood into a brick wall.

Bones are only so strong. Ligaments (however freakish) can only handle so much force.

Back in the day when farm boys played football we didn't see this kind of injury bull ****.

If the NFL really wants to address player safety, they need to have a real policy against performance enhancing drugs. Not the farce of a program they purport to use today.

Make no mistake, this league is positively dripping with all kinds of injectable **** that turns the human body into a fine tuned machine too powerful for its own good.

These guys need more fat on their bodies to sustain the kind of pounding they're going through. It's like mother nature's insulation.

But if the opponent is going to run twice as fast as you, you better be able to do the same. So it's all lean muscle bulging out of their skin.

It's a game best played by beer drinking farm boys. Not genetic freaks crafted in a laboratory.

HHURRICANE
08-19-2015, 01:40 AM
Rex Ryan: "I looked in his eyes and he's a changed man. The Pegulas also sat down with this young man and they know he's changed."

The presser after signing Ray Rice.

Oaf
08-19-2015, 02:03 AM
This is the effect that performance enhancing medical advances (both the legal ones and the not so legal ones) have on a game like pro football.

Simply put, the science behind the training these guys put their bodies through (again, both legal and not) has vastly out-paced the physics of the human body.

These guys are so freakishly strong and so freakishly fast that the physical composition of a human bone / ligament cannot withstand the kind of power that their muscles are generating.

It's why i'm positively freaked out that my boys play this game.

I feel like there was a time when dudes drank raw eggs in the morning, hit on some bags and squatted a few times a week to get into football shape. Today it's just a different animal and this sport is suffering from it. The ideal football player physique (and almost all of them are in ideal shape in this day and age) is the equivalent of driving a cooper mini with an F-14 engine under the hood into a brick wall.

Bones are only so strong. Ligaments (however freakish) can only handle so much force.

Back in the day when farm boys played football we didn't see this kind of injury bull ****.

If the NFL really wants to address player safety, they need to have a real policy against performance enhancing drugs. Not the farce of a program they purport to use today.

Make no mistake, this league is positively dripping with all kinds of injectable **** that turns the human body into a fine tuned machine too powerful for its own good.

These guys need more fat on their bodies to sustain the kind of pounding they're going through. It's like mother nature's insulation.

But if the opponent is going to run twice as fast as you, you better be able to do the same. So it's all lean muscle bulging out of their skin.

It's a game best played by beer drinking farm boys. Not genetic freaks crafted in a laboratory.

Interesting thoughts JK

Meathead
08-19-2015, 02:18 AM
Back in my day, backs could run with one leg.

yeah but that was when they financed cocaine trafficking rings and had nine children by fifteen different women

kscdogbillsfan1221
08-19-2015, 05:26 AM
yeah but that was when they financed cocaine trafficking rings and had nine children by fifteen different women

Travis Henry, is that you? Lol

trapezeus
08-19-2015, 06:34 AM
Rex Ryan: "I looked in his eyes and he's a changed man. The Pegulas also sat down with this young man and they know he's changed."

The presser after signing Ray Rice.

ray rice would still command a high salary since he's maybe a 10Y pro, no? do the bills even have the cap for a big name backup to come in? i didn't think so, but i don't keep track of the cap that closely.

senseofdoom
08-19-2015, 06:49 AM
He'd jump at the vet minimum with no guarantees that Chris Johnson got.

SpikedLemonade
08-19-2015, 07:03 AM
On NFLN this morning, Shady has had an MRI and is said to be back before the Season Opener.

Jimkelly12203
08-19-2015, 07:32 AM
On NFLN this morning, Shady has had an MRI and is said to be back before the Season Opener.

Thank god

Buffalo Thriller
08-19-2015, 08:01 AM
I sacrificed a goat to help out. Shady should be fine.

justasportsfan
08-19-2015, 09:37 AM
Who ever our strength and conditioning coach is, needs to stop whatever stretching exercise he has them doing for their hamstring because that's whats the players are hurting.