PDA

View Full Version : Percy Harvin Can't Stay Healthy

BillsImpossible
08-18-2015, 06:19 PM
Injury to his hip that will likely keep him out of action until the 4th preseason game.

I don't know if he's worth keeping over a guy like Andre Davis.

Harvin's main attribute is his speed, but he's never been able to stay healthy.

Is Percy Harvin worth keeping?

YardRat
08-18-2015, 06:20 PM
He wasn't worth signing to begin with, IMO.

ICRockets
08-18-2015, 06:20 PM
Yes. Mods, delete this thread.

jimmifli
08-18-2015, 06:21 PM
Lulz. He's the best Wr on the roster.

BillsImpossible
08-18-2015, 06:27 PM
Yes. Mods, delete this thread.

He's played 23 games in the past 3 years and his production has fallen off a cliff since 2012.

http://www.nfl.com/player/percyharvin/80425/careerstats

The Jokeman
08-18-2015, 06:41 PM
He's played 23 games in the past 3 years and his production has fallen off a cliff since 2012.

http://www.nfl.com/player/percyharvin/80425/careerstats

Super Bowl 48. Harvin might have been the best player on the field that night. Yes, it was 1 game but it was vital to the Seahawks winning the Siper Bowl that year.

BillsImpossible
08-18-2015, 06:49 PM
Super Bowl 48. Harvin might have been the best player on the field that night. Yes, it was 1 game but it was vital to the Seahawks winning the Siper Bowl that year.

He's good for half a season on average. I wouldn't expect Harvin to be playing in the 20th game of the Bills 2015 season in Super Bowl 50.

MillsapsBillsFan
08-18-2015, 07:06 PM
He's good for half a season on average. I wouldn't expect Harvin to be playing in the 20th game of the Bills 2015 season in Super Bowl 50.

I wouldn't expect the bills to be in super bowl 50 to begin with. But if we are I could care less who the WR is at that point. Marvin is a nice toy and thats really it for me, if he's healthy great. If not oh well he's not here for long anyways

BillsImpossible
08-18-2015, 07:17 PM
This is not a good contract for the Bills. His cap hit is $4 million, and his dead cap hit is $6 million.

His base salary in 2016 is $9 million! There is NO WAY possible Harvin plays for the Bills in 2016.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/percy-harvin/

BillsImpossible
08-18-2015, 07:22 PM
If the Bills decide to cut Harvin, does Harvin get to keep the $3 million signing bonus?

swiper
08-18-2015, 07:37 PM
Who is this BillsImpossible person exactly?

And why is he trying to trick my neurons?

BertSquirtgum
08-18-2015, 07:41 PM

Wrong. Robert Woods is.

Night Train
08-18-2015, 08:16 PM
This roster is suddenly very banged up but my worry is opening day.

If we have to run vanilla all pre-season and rest these guys, so be it.

Meathead
08-18-2015, 08:30 PM
well a couple weeks in the preseason isnt the same as the regular season. i dont mind if they baby him along at this point, he probably would be out a lot less if the games counted

but yeah, it does make you a little concerned that maybe he really is made of a darkly tinted shade of glass

Mr. Pink
08-18-2015, 09:20 PM
If the Bills decide to cut Harvin, does Harvin get to keep the $3 million signing bonus?

Duh.

And that's exactly why he won't be cut.

swiper
08-19-2015, 05:49 AM
Wrong. Robert Woods is.

Also from yesterday...

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/615628575409065984/h8JOiuzW_normal.jpgMike Rodak ✔ @mikerodak (https://twitter.com/mikerodak)

Robert Woods had tightness. Said Bills are trying to be smart with him, Watkins.

Again. Yikes. What are the Bills trainers doing? Nothing? It's hot, humid. It's August. These guys are going against another team for how many days?

Can't let the weapons get so nicked up.

GreedoII
08-19-2015, 06:21 AM
late luxury signing so no big deal

trapezeus
08-19-2015, 06:37 AM
Also from yesterday...

Again. Yikes. What are the Bills trainers doing? Nothing? It's hot, humid. It's August. These guys are going against another team for how many days?

Can't let the weapons get so nicked up.

it is strange that the bills put their joint practice with a short week. friday to thursday is one less day than normal...maybe this week would have better served with lighter practices. Not putting people against each other that are trying to impress their HC vs another team.

but it seems like this week was a lot of joint practices, so maybe this was the only week to do it.

swiper
08-19-2015, 07:25 AM
it is strange that the bills put their joint practice with a short week. friday to thursday is one less day than normal...maybe this week would have better served with lighter practices. Not putting people against each other that are trying to impress their HC vs another team.

but it seems like this week was a lot of joint practices, so maybe this was the only week to do it.

I think they expect most injuries with these type of practices. They space them out far enough from opening day that players with minor dings can rest up and be ready for week one. And yet these practices can be productive. Hitting players from another team is different from having to go against guys you share a locker room with.

EDS
08-19-2015, 07:40 AM
Harvin's injury troubles go back to his days at Florida. Always banged up.

His contract is not ideal for the Bills because it is structured so that the Bills 100% have to cut him after the season because the cap hit for the remaining two years is too high. So either he is great this season and the Bills can't keep him going forward (I guess they could if they were willing to extend the contract for long enough to reduce the cap hits) or he stinks/gets injured and his contract still takes up cap space going forward.

The only explanation for the contract is the Bills going all in financially to make the playoffs this season. Let's hope for the best.

better days
08-19-2015, 07:58 AM
Harvin's injury troubles go back to his days at Florida. Always banged up.

His contract is not ideal for the Bills because it is structured so that the Bills 100% have to cut him after the season because the cap hit for the remaining two years is too high. So either he is great this season and the Bills can't keep him going forward (I guess they could if they were willing to extend the contract for long enough to reduce the cap hits) or he stinks/gets injured and his contract still takes up cap space going forward.

The only explanation for the contract is the Bills going all in financially to make the playoffs this season. Let's hope for the best.

If Harvin is a good fit for Roman's offense & Percy likes it in Buffalo, that contract can be torn up & a new one drawn up for him to sign.

EDS
08-19-2015, 08:36 AM
If Harvin is a good fit for Roman's offense & Percy likes it in Buffalo, that contract can be torn up & a new one drawn up for him to sign.

Even under the best of circumstances that would require paying him more money over a longer period of time. That is a risky proposition and would need to be considered in the context of the development of Watkins and Woods (and the new contracts they will ultimately get).

better days
08-19-2015, 08:43 AM
Even under the best of circumstances that would require paying him more money over a longer period of time. That is a risky proposition and would need to be considered in the context of the development of Watkins and Woods (and the new contracts they will ultimately get).

I doubt they would sign Harvin to an 8 year contract.

By the time Woods needs a new contract, Harvin's will most likely be near the end.

Victor7
08-19-2015, 08:56 AM
Not the biggest Harvin fan here. IMO he is nothing but speed. And he's often hurt. Oh and he's also a bit of a head case although that seems to be behind him now.

He's not getting cut. But I don't expect him to last long either. He'll be on IR or down with a long injury by game 7 of the season. Maybe even before that.

trapezeus
08-19-2015, 10:26 AM
I think they expect most injuries with these type of practices. They space them out far enough from opening day that players with minor dings can rest up and be ready for week one. And yet these practices can be productive. Hitting players from another team is different from having to go against guys you share a locker room with.

i guess then it just sucks that we had the short week.

better days
08-19-2015, 11:54 AM
Not the biggest Harvin fan here. IMO he is nothing but speed. And he's often hurt. Oh and he's also a bit of a head case although that seems to be behind him now.

He's not getting cut. But I don't expect him to last long either. He'll be on IR or down with a long injury by game 7 of the season. Maybe even before that.

Harvin is much more than speed.

Despite his injuries, he is TOUGH & has that tough attitude.

Rex said there are things you can do with Harvin that you can't do with other WR's because of his toughness.

Victor7
08-19-2015, 12:18 PM
Harvin is much more than speed.

Despite his injuries, he is TOUGH & has that tough attitude.

Rex said there are things you can do with Harvin that you can't do with other WR's because of his toughness.

None of that toughness matters if he's not playing. I hope he stays healthy. He can certainly help our offense. I just don't expect him too. He has a history of this.

better days
08-19-2015, 12:21 PM
None of that toughness matters if he's not playing. I hope he stays healthy. He can certainly help our offense. I just don't expect him too. He has a history of this.

It would be surprising to see Harvin play all 16 games.

I just hope he is healthy when we need him..... in the playoffs.

trapezeus
08-19-2015, 12:25 PM
i think harvin is a gadget player at this point. if you have a well oiled offense, and a healthy harvin getting punts, kickoffs and may 2-3 touches a game, he might have the difference/momentum turning play that decides games. and i think there is value in that.

but if he doesn't like that role and wants to be an issue, it isn't worth it.

i hope it works out. i really hope they are very good running the ball and that the receivers end up having a field day with 1 on 1 coverage. and more runs when they try to stop it.

WagonCircler
08-19-2015, 12:27 PM

No he isn't. 14 is.