PDA

View Full Version : Bring in Ray Rice

Mahdi
08-19-2015, 07:16 AM
He made a mistake, its over.

He is a good RB with good hands and runs hard. Give him a chance to get back in the league and resume his career. AP got his.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/18/could-lesean-mccoy-injury-open-door-for-ray-rice/

swiper
08-19-2015, 07:18 AM
He was not good the season before his "mistake."

And he's not coming back, as the Bills announced that McCoy will be fully ready for week 1 action. We should have McCoy, FJax, Dixon, Brown.

So no to the wife beater.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/19/lesean-mccoy-is-expected-to-be-back-for-week-one/

Jimkelly12203
08-19-2015, 07:26 AM
In a league that's full of thugs and wife beaters, I honestly don't view Ray Rice as a bad dude. I think it really was a one time thing to a high profile player that was (sadly for him) caught on tape. If we needed to bring someone in out of desperation i'd be fine with it. Now maybe i'm completely naïve about his situation, but I don't think he clocks his wife regularly and I believe that was the first time something's ever happened. Could be wrong. That said, I don't know how much he's got left in the tank. As has been stated, he wasn't amazing the year before this incident and it's been a few years since the "hey diddle diddle, ray rice up the middle" Superbowl year.

JoeMama
08-19-2015, 07:30 AM

And he's not coming back, as the Bills announced that McCoy will be fully ready for week 1 action. We should have McCoy, FJax, Dixon, Brown.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/19/lesean-mccoy-is-expected-to-be-back-for-week-one/

I'd take Williams over Dixon.

McCoy, F-Jax, Williams, Brown

MillsapsBillsFan
08-19-2015, 07:47 AM

Well I would take Dixon before brown, mainly due to Dixon contributing on Special Teams and Brown not

McCoy, F-Jax, Williams, Dixon

Buffalo Thriller
08-19-2015, 07:57 AM
Change our name to the Buffalo Bullies.

JoeMama
08-19-2015, 08:03 AM
Well I would take Dixon before brown, mainly due to Dixon contributing on Special Teams and Brown not

McCoy, F-Jax, Williams, Dixon

I'd take Brown over Dixon in a heartbeat.

Way more natural talent -- and if our RB's keep dropping like they have been recently -- I want the guy who can run the ball more than the guy who chips in on ST's.

In only 7 career starts, Brown has over 1,000 rushing yards, 300 receiving yards, and averages like 4.4 ypc.

Dude can play when he gets in the game.

BuffaloRedleg
08-19-2015, 09:08 AM

Why do people forget this? He was on a major decline and there is no way he is better now.

There are 1000 young RBs sitting on benches right now, pick 1. RBs aren't that hard to find.

MikeInRoch
08-19-2015, 09:10 AM
In a league that's full of thugs and wife beaters...

"Full of"? What percentage of the players would you guess fall into this category?

swiper
08-19-2015, 09:21 AM

I didn't mention Williams because I thought he was going to be out a little beyond opening game. (But I could be mistaken there).

Jimkelly12203
08-19-2015, 09:48 AM
"Full of"? What percentage of the players would you guess fall into this category? I have no idea. It's not 50% or even 25%. But it's not 5% either. And it is inarguably a serious problem. As a percentage of the overall player population, the NFL has bad characters way more so than the NBA or any other pro sport. You only need to listen to sports radio a few hours every day to realize the league has a serious problem with this. But it's the nature of the game. It's violent and so violent people excel at it.

MillsapsBillsFan
08-19-2015, 11:21 AM
I'd take Brown over Dixon in a heartbeat.

Way more natural talent -- and if our RB's keep dropping like they have been recently -- I want the guy who can run the ball more than the guy who chips in on ST's.

In only 7 career starts, Brown has over 1,000 rushing yards, 300 receiving yards, and averages like 4.4 ypc.

Dude can play when he gets in the game.

I'm with you that Brown is supremely talented as a runner. But he seems to have fumbilitis (which even the coaching staff has publicly mentioned) and if thats not fixed the coaching staff may not want him. I just dont see Roman cutting a player he already has a relationship with and one that contributes in multiple areas of the game.

It is a tough situation though, all the more complicated by them both being injured. We'll see how it shakes out but when it comes to that 4th RB I wouldnt be shocked to see either one of them be there

better days
08-19-2015, 11:48 AM
The thing about Rice is he committed a reprehensible act, hitting a woman.

And to do it in a pubic building with cameras present, shows he is not only reprehensible, but an IDIOT as well.

Meathead
08-19-2015, 01:54 PM
I have no idea. It's not 50% or even 25%. But it's not 5% either. And it is inarguably a serious problem. As a percentage of the overall player population, the NFL has bad characters way more so than the NBA or any other pro sport. You only need to listen to sports radio a few hours every day to realize the league has a serious problem with this. But it's the nature of the game. It's violent and so violent people excel at it.

racist

Mr. Pink
08-19-2015, 02:49 PM
Just say no.

Rice's last full season stats

214 carries for 660 yards 4 TDs.

He was done before he became a woman beater.

Night Train
08-19-2015, 08:14 PM
No

His play was already going down before he got punch drunk.

I'm fine with these kids they are bringing in to hold the ship until the opener. Signed 2 and they can find a couple more if needed. It's about getting our top 4-5 guys healthy for the opener and that seems likely if they just bench them until then. Same goes for the WR position. Sucks but it's the best plan.