PDA

View Full Version : Bills interested in Ray Rice

Mike
08-19-2015, 09:16 AM
With their top 5 RBs nursing injuries the Bills have begun discussing the possibility of signing Ray Rice.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2530586-ray-rice-latest-news-rumors-and-speculation-on-free-agent-rb

BuffaloRedleg
08-19-2015, 09:19 AM
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Victor7
08-19-2015, 09:31 AM
Nah bruh

I get it we are short at the position right now. But all of the lads are coming back. None of the injuries were serious. Its not ideal but lets roll with the 2 dudes nobody's ever heard of for a week or so while the others return.

Buffalogic
08-19-2015, 09:52 AM
I'm not against it.

Typ0
08-19-2015, 09:55 AM
I think the question is does Ray Rice upgrade the position? If the answer is yes then sign him.

Mike
08-19-2015, 09:59 AM
He should get a second chance.

Before his incident, his performance was dipping so right now he is facing a double edged sword: declining performance plus bad reputation which is turning a lot of teams off. He's like Greg Hardy without the upside.

Buffalogic
08-19-2015, 10:00 AM
Carucci says 0 chance we sign him per a team source. Don't care either way.

Mr. Miyagi
08-19-2015, 10:21 AM
The telephone game.

- Mikey likes girls
- Mikey thinks Kate Upton is hot.
- Mikey probably wouldn't kick Kate Upton out of his bed.
- Mikey would love to meet Kate Upton
- Mikey found Kate Upton and asked her out
- Mikey is stalking Kate Upton
- Mikey is a registered sexual offender

Damn it Mikey!

Albany,n.y.
08-19-2015, 10:31 AM

Totally misleading title to this thread.

The thread should be titled Bills NOT interested in Ray Rice.

OpIv37
08-19-2015, 10:33 AM

The 0% bothers me. We have 4 injuries at the same position before the 2nd preseason game. We don't have the latitude to summarily dismiss options at this point.

I'm not saying we should sign him- I'm just saying that all options should be on the table.

Ed
08-19-2015, 10:59 AM
We have plenty of talent at RB, they just happen to all be nursing somewhat minor injuries. It's not like any of these guys have been lost for the year or are even projected to miss any regular season games. This team just needs immediate camp bodies that can take carries. Any RB's we sign right now aren't going to make the team. So there's really no reason to bring in a guy like Rice and all the issues that come with him.

Mr. Miyagi
08-19-2015, 11:00 AM
The 0% bothers me. We have 4 injuries at the same position before the 2nd preseason game. We don't have the latitude to summarily dismiss options at this point.

I'm not saying we should sign him- I'm just saying that all options should be on the table.
Nothing is ever 0% or 100% before it happens.

I would say 10% in this case.

BuffaloRedleg
08-19-2015, 11:12 AM
I think the question is does Ray Rice upgrade the position? If the answer is yes then sign him.

The answer is no. Plus, it will be a huge distraction. It's terrible on all accounts.

better days
08-19-2015, 11:22 AM
The answer is no. Plus, it will be a huge distraction. It's terrible on all accounts.

Even if Rice was a choir boy, at 3.1 yds per carry, no thanks.

MillsapsBillsFan
08-19-2015, 11:23 AM
They're not signing any RB's that could make the roster. The people that they sign will most likely be PS eligible because whoever they pick up will be cut once our main RB's come back.

Victor7
08-19-2015, 11:34 AM
They're not signing any RB's that could make the roster. The people that they sign will most likely be PS eligible because whoever they pick up will be cut once our main RB's come back.

This

JoeMama
08-19-2015, 11:40 AM
My two cents:

Ray Rice winds up in Dallas.

They have a monster o-line and nothing but bums at RB.

Jerry Jones will bite.

jamze132
08-19-2015, 12:42 PM
What's the big deal with signing Ray Rice????

He punched a girl (wife). EK punched Geno who also is a girl. I see no difference.

OpIv37
08-19-2015, 01:34 PM

If all our guys were healthy, I'd agree that the answer is no. But with this many injuries, maybe he does. Right now, the injuries all look short term so it's not quite time to hit the panic button. But the Bills better to be ready to make a move if the prognosis changes.

OpIv37
08-19-2015, 01:36 PM
What's the big deal with signing Ray Rice????

He punched a girl (wife). EK punched Geno who also is a girl. I see no difference.

I wish there was a video of the Geno punch because it sounds like he took it like a real *****.

Meathead
08-19-2015, 01:49 PM
whats happened to ray rice is unfair

theres no indication that he has any pattern of poor behavior, quite the opposite in fact

yet one single incident and hes blackballed

with the long list of real douchebags in the league, why is the social punishment so harsh for him? i dont get it

BuffaloRedleg
08-19-2015, 01:56 PM
If all our guys were healthy, I'd agree that the answer is no. But with this many injuries, maybe he does. Right now, the injuries all look short term so it's not quite time to hit the panic button. But the Bills better to be ready to make a move if the prognosis changes.

There are 1000 young RBs out there sitting on benches, why try and kick the tires on a has-been with an incredible amount of baggage? He makes this team worse in every way a player can.

Mr. Miyagi
08-19-2015, 02:06 PM

theres no indication that he has any pattern of poor behavior, quite the opposite in fact

with the long list of real douchebags in the league, why is the social punishment so harsh for him? i dont get it
Dude, he punched out his girlfriend and dragged her around the ground. If you don't think that's a douchebaggy move then we should worry about you.

Buffalo Billy Bison
08-19-2015, 02:10 PM
What happens when they (RB's) are healthy and come back. Who goes!

DetDannyWilliams
08-19-2015, 02:20 PM
isn't the "Turk" coming in a couple of weeks to cut down team rosters? I'm shure there will be RB's from other teams that the Bills could sign. Bills don't need a garbage RB Ray Rice

BertSquirtgum
08-19-2015, 02:30 PM
Bring him in.

Mr. Pink
08-19-2015, 02:47 PM
Not only is the dude a woman beater, in his last full season he was terrible on the field.

He's done.

He was done before becoming a woman beater for that matter.

Meathead
08-19-2015, 03:31 PM
Dude, he punched out his girlfriend and dragged her around the ground. If you don't think that's a douchebaggy move then we should worry about you.

i will kick your ass for saying that. ha jk. i couldnt kick the ass of a twelve year old girl

first off, he only dragged her on the ground to get her out of the elevator. if theres something there idk about pls elaborate bc i dont want to be defending a real douchebaggy, i just dont see ray rice as one of those

secondly, they were both drunk as ѕhit and hitting each other, which like ive said before ive never liked in a relationship but some ppl do it. he then tagged her too hard, likely cuz he could barely stand and is a professional athlete, and she went out. which is a good indication why they never should have been doing that in the first place, especially not while drunk

so yeah, big mistake. but as far as ive ever heard, this is an isolated one-time incident. if there was any prior pattern then yeah id say hes a thug dick and deserves what hes got. but one mistake should not make him lose his job like that, especially considering the other routine offenders that dont lose theirs

this is an emotional response by our culture. sure we dont want men hitting women, but we shouldnt want defensive ends hitting a complete ass hole quarterback and breaking his jaw either. violence is only the answer when there is no other option, gender is actually irrelevant

i dont think its fair what has happened to ray, just like i dont think it was fair to take away a basketball team, a cooking show, and a wrestling career from dumbasses who made isolated mistakes or made them twenty years in the past. i dont like what our culture has become on this selective one-strike and youre out rules. how about some discernment, how about some balance for christs (literal) sake

better days
08-19-2015, 03:35 PM

Two things:

1) What he did was caught on video, no denying or explaining or minimizing what he did.

2) His play dropped off to the point he would have been cut anyway.

Meathead
08-19-2015, 03:49 PM
1. i saw the video too you know. once again, isolated incident. the fact that it was caught on video is one of the reasons why weve had such an emotional response instead of a rational one. weve got one guy that actually attacked and seriously injured another guy who got another job within twenty four hours. do you need a video to know what he did was wrong?

again, if anybody know of any other ray rice violence incidents from his past that show a pattern, please bring it up

2. im not promoting we hire ray, i agree we can probably do better with someone younger if we have to. im just pointing out the irrationality and inconsistency of the social/cultural response

ICRockets
08-19-2015, 03:56 PM
i dont think its fair what has happened to ray, just like i dont think it was fair to take away a basketball team, a cooking show, and a wrestling career from dumbasses who made isolated mistakes or made them twenty years in the past. i dont like what our culture has become on this selective one-strike and youre out rules. how about some discernment, how about some balance for christs (literal) sake

If you want us to take you seriously on race relations, you should consider how it looks when your 3 examples are all white racists.

better days
08-19-2015, 03:56 PM
1. i saw the video too you know. once again, isolated incident. the fact that it was caught on video is one of the reasons why weve had such an emotional response instead of a rational one. weve got one guy that actually attacked and seriously injured another guy who got another job within twenty four hours. do you need a video to know what he did was wrong?

again, if anybody know of any other ray rice violence incidents from his past that show a pattern, please bring it up

2. im not promoting we hire ray, i agree we can probably do better with someone younger if we have to. im just pointing out the irrationality and inconsistency of the social/cultural response

My 2nd point is the more important point.

Even if he had not hit his wife, Rice would not be playing anymore because NOBODY is going to sign an OLD RB with a 3.1 yard average.

The Jokeman
08-19-2015, 03:58 PM

He was blackballed but what hurt him too is it came after his worst season as a pro. He might get a shot somewhere else but with other guys like Pierre Thomas and Ahmad Bradshaw out there it might not be until the season starts.

justasportsfan
08-19-2015, 04:17 PM
No thanks. I'll take my chances with FJ

X-Era
08-19-2015, 06:27 PM

Extreme negative backlash is not an irrational response to something extremely egregious. It's shock and awe in response to shock. It's the more likely response than patience.

Is it isolated? a singular event in the guys lifetime? Maybe. But the outpouring of negativity is appropriate for something so outrageously negative.

Where I agree with you is that one act does not define a person nor does it predict the future.

I agree that a pattern shows a pattern; not a singular event. And without a pattern there is little reason to not sign him based on the assumption that he will be a repeat offender.

paladin warrior
08-19-2015, 06:31 PM
:nono:

Northern Stampede
08-19-2015, 06:33 PM
He's only 28... I don't think thats old, especially for a stop gap... I think Id be ok with it.. He's served his suspension. I def don't agree with what he did, and btw his wife defended him after the fact (not that any of that means anything). as long as he was in shape... He'd prob end up being cut anyways. Bring him in as a camp body..

IlluminatusUIUC
08-19-2015, 06:42 PM

Say what you will about Paula Deen and Hulk Hogan's situations, but Donald Sterling was a world-class douchebag for decades. That was not an "isolated mistake" but the final straw in a long and disastrous ownership.

And he made a metric **** ton of money out of it regardless.

Meathead
08-19-2015, 08:09 PM
sterling might be the worst out of those examples, but frankly i dont know much about him and am hesitant to make a determination based on second hand information. given how incredibly ineptly and without any balance we process race issues in this country, i wouldnt want to condemn someone until i knew quite a bit about them myself. i admit he looks like a total clueless dumbass, but all ive heard about him is that he prefers not to rent to blacks, which may or may not be an indication of racism. i also know he was active with the local naacp, which may be legit or may be a smokescreen

to demonstrate my point, i have a black friend who bought a couple properties in the ghetto a few years back (and more since then) bc he was tired of working for someone else, wanted to start getting income from rentals, and wanted to provide decent places for ppl to live. his first two houses he spent a lot of effort and money to fix them up nice before he rented them. now after doing this for a bunch of years he says he does only the minimum to get them rentable and only takes care of the ones with tenants that demonstrate that they wont destroy the places. he is openly and harshly critical of black renters bc he says most often he has to deal with so much crap with them doing damage, not paying rent on time, lying to him all the time about when they can pay, that he now just has a zero tolerance policy - you damage the place irresponsibly or you dont pay rent by the fifth and he starts eviction proceedings immediately, no questions asked. he told me he has to evict about one of every four renters, regardless of how careful he is in his screening

i didnt ask him for this information, i never prodded him on it, HE offers these complaints proactively. is he racist? is he an uncle ruckus? doesnt seem so to me

of course this doesnt just happen with black renters, i was a landlord for years and saw the whitest software test engineer you ever saw obliterate one of my places, and a mexican that was a model tenant. and yet, there is also validity to arguments about urban blacks being completely disrespectful to their own communities so my friends experiences have a legitimate ring of truth to them

so donald sterling not wanting to rent to blacks may indicate he is a douchebag, or it may indicate he has had the same experience as my friend. but even regardless of that question, the immorality of how that entire thing went about, with the secret recordings with no chance for him to respond and no context to his simple question of 'why do you have to hang out with so many black guys' seemed like a modern day lynching to me. was it really about a just and fair society, or was it really payback bc he was an old white man that we felt was a good proxy target for our own dysfunction? that whole thing reeked of vengeance for the sins of others decades in the past

Meathead
08-19-2015, 08:20 PM
If you want us to take you seriously on race relations, you should consider how it looks when your 3 examples are all white racists.

you have been so comically inept on this topic that i dont really care if you take me seriously or not. that goes for most of you and most of the ppl in this country. i dont need the approval of fkd in the head ppl to know i am on the right side of this issue and promoting an ultimately very positive message

im not a fan of either dean or hogan and honestly couldnt give a crap about either of them, except that they are the latest in a long string of one-way selective outrage based on things they said far in the past. the fact that you and so many others even condemn them as racists with no due process or consideration of where their minds are today, and yet dont even blink an eye when prominent blacks do some of the most racist and destructive things ive ever seen is pretty classically demonstrative of why we are so fkd up on this issue

ICRockets
08-19-2015, 08:48 PM
you have been so comically inept on this topic that i dont really care if you take me seriously or not. that goes for most of you and most of the ppl in this country. i dont need the approval of fkd in the head ppl to know i am on the right side of this issue and promoting an ultimately very positive message

im not a fan of either dean or hogan and honestly couldnt give a crap about either of them, except that they are the latest in a long string of one-way selective outrage based on things they said far in the past. the fact that you and so many others even condemn them as racists with no due process or consideration of where their minds are today, and yet dont even blink an eye when prominent blacks do some of the most racist and destructive things ive ever seen is pretty classically demonstrative of why we are so fkd up on this issue

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2015/07/paula-deen-son-brownface-twitter

Hogan explicitly called himself a racist on the recording in question. Tell me more about how unfair we're being to these 2 clowns.