• Haile SpikedLemonade
    • Jun 2024

Deadspin: Why Your Team Sucks 2015: Buffalo Bills

Somewhat amusing....

• ICRockets
    Childish Fake Voter
    • Jul 2008

Re: Deadspin: Why Your Team Sucks 2015: Buffalo Bills

My favorite novel used to be To Kill a Mockingbird. Now it is that email from Collin.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Michael:

I just got through hating our head coach when he was with the Jets, but have managed to tell myself I was mistaken and he’s really a genius just needing a fair shot.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• MillsapsBillsFan
          • Mar 2015

I'm with some of those guys. Im 22, and I literally have zero memories of the bills even having a remote shot at the playoffs much less them actually playing in a game

Comment

• ICRockets
            Childish Fake Voter
            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by MillsapsBillsFan View Post
            I'm with some of those guys. Im 22, and I literally have zero memories of the bills even having a remote shot at the playoffs much less them actually playing in a game
            I really feel for guys like you. I was fortunate enough to watch our last playoff win, and I'll never forget it. Bryan Cox (LB for the Dolphins) was ejected and then spit at fans who taunted him on his way to the locker room.

I was even privileged enough to be AT our last home playoff game against the Jaguars. But that one ended pretty damn poorly, with Jim Kelly suffering a career-ending injury (I think it was a concussion?) and the stupid Jags winning on a late field goal.

The only thing I envy you for is not experiencing the "Music City Miracle" live. Any of my contemporaries who are also Bills fans will pinpoint that moment as THE time a sporting event made them cry.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Most of that was only mildly funny but the last comment had me in tears.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by ICRockets View Post
                I really feel for guys like you. I was fortunate enough to watch our last playoff win, and I'll never forget it. Bryan Cox (LB for the Dolphins) was ejected and then spit at fans who taunted him on his way to the locker room.

I was even privileged enough to be AT our last home playoff game against the Jaguars. But that one ended pretty damn poorly, with Jim Kelly suffering a career-ending injury (I think it was a concussion?) and the stupid Jags winning on a late field goal.

The only thing I envy you for is not experiencing the "Music City Miracle" live. Any of my contemporaries who are also Bills fans will pinpoint that moment as THE time a sporting event made them cry.
                ahhh. our last playoff game. January 2000. I was at home on christmas break; an 18 year old freshman in college. I didn't cry. I sat motionless and speechless on the couch for literally an hour and a half when that was over.
                I came.
                I saw.
                I conquered.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

We had no way of knowing it at the time, but that game was 15 years ago and it's the last time the Bills were good. It put this team into a downward spiral that we still haven't recovered from.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• feldspar
                    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
                    ahhh. our last playoff game. January 2000. I was at home on christmas break; an 18 year old freshman in college. I didn't cry. I sat motionless and speechless on the couch for literally an hour and a half when that was over.
                    I called my father to talk about the win. While the phone was ringing, the dreaded Music City Miracle happened. He answered the phone, and then informed me that he could not discuss it.

I had no grey hair back then.

Comment

• The King
                      Without me it's just Awe so
                      • Jun 2004

Only Doug Marrone could find a way to make an extra $4 million and still end up looking like a ****ing idiot.
                      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                      It was all
                      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• jimmifli
                        • Nov 2006

These two got me:

"Sometime soon our billionaire owner is going to demand hundreds of millions in public dollars for a new stadium in the city half the fans will hate because they can’t sit in the suburban parking lots drinking Fireball out of the finger holes of a bowling ball"

And the frequently ignored...

Comment

• Oaf
                          Do you read what you write?
                          • Jun 2007

Originally posted by ICRockets View Post

When was our last playoff win? '95?

I can't imagine being at that Jags win. I remember had we had lost the KC week 17 game, we would've played them in the wild card instead. They were much worse than the upstart Jags.

MCM I was just numb. All feeling gone. Lack of comprehension.

Comment

• Mouldsie
                            • Aug 2012

Aaron nailed it!

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

"Why Your Team Doesn't Suck 2015: Buffalo Bills"

****, I'm sorry. I really thought I could come up with something.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X