• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buffalogic
    Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
    • Feb 2006

Biggest weakness on offense? Eric Wood

Eric Wood is concerning. So far in camp, he's been our worst starting lineman. There are many good DT's in our division and our conference so with that and his poor play, I think he is more worrisome than our QB, whoever it is. Look at him get absolutely mauled by this Cleveland rookie. Not looking good, especially with Suh and Wilkerson and Richardson playing against us. At this rate, Wood will need double team help a lot or it is going to get ugly. What could our options be if he's truly terrible in the regular season?
  • MillsapsBillsFan
    • Mar 2015

Re: Biggest weakness on offense? Eric Wood

Our only real option would be to put Urbik at center unless we signed someone (not really sure who's out there at center). Wood has been awful lately, but QB is still the biggest weakness on offense.

The middle of the line seemed to handle Suh okay least year, and the guards on both sides of him are much better than they were. So hopefully everything will be ironed out by the regular season. Seeing Wood get dominated by the Browns DT isnt exactly reassuring though
    Last edited by MillsapsBillsFan; 08-20-2015, 10:30 AM.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Wood does appear to be on the decline but you're crazy if you think C is a bigger problem than QB.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

if he really is a liability, then tyrod's evasiveness is a bigger positive. if the rush is going to come right up the middle, you want a fast qb who can improvise and less of a statue, pocket qb.

I don't know if there is a lot of options to fix it aside from the depth we have now. i think he still has a value as being a good QB of the line and making right line calls. that can't be underestimated in my opinion. Therefore, perhaps that something the address next year so that we get another cerebral guy to learn what it takes to be a book smart center.

Comment

• Buffalogic
          • Feb 2006

I'm cautiously optimistic about the qb situation. No doubt it is one of our biggest flaws on the team, but Wood, yikes. Cleveland had many, many sacks during these joint practices.

Comment

• Buffalogic
            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
            if he really is a liability, then tyrod's evasiveness is a bigger positive. if the rush is going to come right up the middle, you want a fast qb who can improvise and less of a statue, pocket qb.

I don't know if there is a lot of options to fix it aside from the depth we have now. i think he still has a value as being a good QB of the line and making right line calls. that can't be underestimated in my opinion. Therefore, perhaps that something the address next year so that we get another cerebral guy to learn what it takes to be a book smart center.
            That tends to be a bit of a misnomer. Vick was always one of the most sacked QB's in the league every year during his prime. Not saying Cassel will do better in that regard, more like both he and Tyrod will be in trouble.

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Buffalogic View Post
              That tends to be a bit of a misnomer. Vick was always one of the most sacked QB's in the league every year during his prime. Not saying Cassel will do better in that regard, more like both he and Tyrod will be in trouble.
              agreed. i do see a difference between a vick type, run when flushed out, vs a mobile qb like a russell wilson or ben roethelisberger. while RW and BR are fundamentally different, it is interesting that those guys keep their focus down field and wait for the play to develop some more. and whether its a BR type player who just sidesteps things or RW who moves a lot, they both find players down field.

That will be beneficial if the line isn't very good.but Tyrod will have to show some level of accuracy. That has not happened yet.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                Pinkerton's son
                • Feb 2006

What a joke of a thread

Comment

• Buffalogic
                  • Feb 2006

Originally posted by NaturalBornSpiller View Post
                  What a joke of a thread
                  Nice input. Care to elaborate? Or do you just prefer to ignore weaknesses?

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                    Peterman Sucks!
                    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Buffalogic View Post
                    Eric Wood is concerning. So far in camp, he's been our worst starting lineman. There are many good DT's in our division and our conference so with that and his poor play, I think he is more worrisome than our QB, whoever it is. Look at him get absolutely mauled by this Cleveland rookie. Not looking good, especially with Suh and Wilkerson and Richardson playing against us. At this rate, Wood will need double team help a lot or it is going to get ugly. What could our options be if he's truly terrible in the regular season?
                    Danny Shelton was doing that against the Redskins in the first preseason game too. The dude is huge. Wouldn't read too much into that at this time. Besides QB is by far the biggest weakness on offense.

Comment

• Swiper
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Sep 2010

Saying that Eric Wood is more worrisome than the current QB situation is easily the stupidest thing I ever read here.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                        • Feb 2006

I guess we are getting caught up on that statement. It wasn't to diminish how poor the qb situation is but to emphasize how badly Wood has been playing. I believe we will get adequate play out of the qb position. Not so sure about Wood.

Comment

• sukie
                          Seriously?
                          • Sep 2012

define adequate

Comment

• Buffalogic
                            • Feb 2006

Won't stop us from reaching the playoffs.

Comment

• Swiper
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                              define adequate
                              What's the Mendoza line for QB play?

I say it's Eli Manning.

Comment

Working...
                              X