You're the GM. Who starts the first half of preseason game 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jimkelly12203
    • Jun 2015

You're the GM. Who starts the first half of preseason game 3?

and, btw, whoever that guy is would typically be your week one starter on a functional NFL team. Is it Taylor (my pick) or Cassel? Or both and if both then in what proportion do you wish to waffle on the QB spot in this ever so important NFL pre-season week for starting rosters?
    All Hail Josh Allen! Savior of the Buffalo Bills!

Freedom for the Ukraine. Down with Putin and every traitor in this country that supports him.
  • ublinkwescore
    Sab and TD are insignificant
    • Sep 2002

Re: You're the GM. Who starts the first half of preseason game 3?

You have to go Taylor - going with a qb by commitee system is stupid and you risk having both qbs half prepared instead of one fully prepared.
    www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• The Jokeman
      • Dec 2003

Assuming the starting WRs are back I think Tyrod deserves a chance to start with the 1s. Yet I might give the second series to Cassel and than the 3rd to Tyrod and 4th to Cassel. May the best man win. PS Your GM shouldn't be making starting vs backup positions, your HC should.

Comment

• Mace
        Haha...yeah you think so ?
        • Mar 2013

Manuel. Never made the least sense to me preseason game 3 is any more crucial to play starters than 4, throw him to the sharks and see what happens. If they don't have an opinion on who starts there is another week they can use. It's just not the ultimate prep half though they pretend it is.

Comment

• Jimkelly12203
          • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Mace View Post
          Manuel. Never made the least sense to me preseason game 3 is any more crucial to play starters than 4, throw him to the sharks and see what happens. If they don't have an opinion on who starts there is another week they can use. It's just not the ultimate prep half though they pretend it is.
          Naa man. Haven't you seen enough of EJ? He's not really a part of this competition any more.

I guess for some he may be. But, really?

That said, i give EJ essentially all of the fourth game.

Freedom for the Ukraine. Down with Putin and every traitor in this country that supports him.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
            Sab and TD are insignificant
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mace View Post
            that makes absolutely zero sense. the 3rd game is the tune up game because teams just want to get through the 4th one without ANY injuries to starters - you will see maybe half the starting qbs in the league take a single drive in game four. you go game three because that puts your starters in against your opponents' starters for at least a half. if not half of the third quarter... If Tyrod can move the ball again as the starter and they actually give him some first string weapons like Jackson or Williams (Williams would start on a few teams), and at least woods, he will be our franchise qb.

And Rex will look like a genius and the Jets that had a pissing contest with him in NY will look like idiots for not taking his advice and trading for Taylor.

Rex is going to enjoy getting the last laugh, and I'm glad he will be having it while donning a Bills cap on the sidelines.
            www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Jimkelly12203
              • Jun 2015

Whatever happened to Karlos Williams man-region last week, i'm hopeful that he has a speedy recovery.

If Shady is really badly hurt, i'm honestly not worried if this kid can play week one. He has been beyond impressive and i suspect that he will be a MAJOR contributor to the team this year. If McCoy is all banged up with season long issues after last week, we're really going to need Williams and i'm very confident that we'll be fine if he is healthy.

I would not rush Fred back. We need him to play when it counts. He never lets this team down. It's not in his nature. So we should make sure he is healthy when **** gets real.

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

This could be a unique situation.

You normally play your starters in week 3 for 2-3 quarters. Yet injuries have crippled our RB's and WR's. Many of them will not play until the opener.

I'm not sure reading the tea leaves into who is playing at QB or many other positions will be entirely accurate this time around.
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                  • Feb 2005

Both rotation and performance point to EJ getting the nod... Gonna be tough for some of you to deal with all week when he gets 1st team reps.

Comment

• Jimkelly12203
                    • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
                    Both rotation and performance point to EJ getting the nod... Gonna be tough for some of you to deal with all week when he gets 1st team reps.
                    I'm fine with it if he gets first team reps. Night Train may just be right that this won't be a typical game 3 of the pre-season as far as who is playing. But I just can't get my head around you guys that still think EJ has (or even should have) a chance in hell to win this job. It's baffling. That whole stat line thing where EJ is the only QB with a TD, and has the highest QB rating of the bunch completely ignores the fact that EJ is playing with and against #3's. So what is the deal? Is it a conspiracy against EJ Manuel or could it be possible that he's not playing with the 1's because he has shown this coaching staff over the last two months that he is the 3rd best QB on the team.

Comment

• Night Train
                      Retired - On Several Levels
                      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
                      Not me. I'm fine with it but posting simple stats from 2 pre-season isn't fooling anyone. Taylor moved the team and his 1st 2 drives against Carolina resulted in TD's. Moved the team again yesterday.

Manuel is playing against future hamburger flippers and didn't look good the 3 days I went to camp. Send the stats to the coaches if you wish to advance your case for Manuel. No one is buying it.
                      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• sudzy
                        • Apr 2013

Cassel. If Rex wants to keep the Colts guessing, he should start Cassel this week and Taylor next week.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

Simms.

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

With our situation, conventional wisdom goes out the window this year, as Mace and train have already alluded to. This team needs the third game to help clarify the pecking order. If I'm the coach, I'm giving EJ, Cassell, Tyrod and Simms one quarter each (in that order). Figure out the starter after that.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Swiper
                              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by ublinkwescore View Post
                              You have to go Taylor - going with a qb by commitee system is stupid and you risk having both qbs half prepared instead of one fully prepared.
                              Then why would they start the back-up?

Comment

Working...
                              X