PDA

View Full Version : The Good, the Bad & the Ugly

Mike
08-20-2015, 10:41 PM
The Good:
Defense & Coaching are an improvement.
The offense looked much better with Tyrod, finally the Bills have an average QB.

The Bad:
The offense still had a problem finishing drives. What stood out most was their inability to create holes for RBs & protect the QB. Tyrod played well today, can he play at least this well the entire season?

The Ugly:
injuries, injuries & injuries
With top WR, RBs out it goes to show the real value (overvalue) of those positions. Having a good offense starts with QB & O-Line, everything else is secondary.

PS: Bills should look into hiring better training staff

Jimkelly12203
08-20-2015, 10:53 PM
The Ugly: Dareus' post-game comments about the offer we made him is probably the first sign that the spending spree we have been on (Clay, McCoy, et. al) is going to end up burning this franchise sooner than later.

I'm excited as the next man, but ask yourself where you want to put your money? The best DT in the NFL (Dareus is better than Suh, btw) or the best HB in the NFL and a TE with massive upside?

kishoph
08-21-2015, 04:42 AM
PS: Bills should look into hiring better training staff

Seeing that they were named the training staff of the year (NFL's best) in 2014, I'd say no.
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-athletic-training-staff-named-NFLs-best-in-2014/52bd9403-5091-4b8b-bc46-5df68815eebd

HHURRICANE
08-21-2015, 06:19 AM
Seeing that they were named the training staff of the year (NFL's best) in 2014, I'd say no.
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-athletic-training-staff-named-NFLs-best-in-2014/52bd9403-5091-4b8b-bc46-5df68815eebd

They had massive hydration issues. People throwing up, taken to the hospital, cramps, muscle pulls.

Not impressed. It's called water...start there.

trapezeus
08-21-2015, 06:55 AM
the good:
tyrod and the offensive coaching staff seem to have the basics down. the line blocked ok. there were a few times that incognito was just blown up. but the fact our 6th and 7th running backs could get 3-4 yards instead of run into a wall for 1 yard like last year is a huge improvement. those are the basics that we lacked last year.

tyrod threw theball well. no overthrows or short hops. the balls were in places to be caught.

the bad:
tyrod isn't russell wilson. he seems to subject himself to some hits. he took 2-3 memorable shots that had me nervous when he had the chance to get down.

the 4th and 1 for the defense where our starters were confused. work that out. that's precisely the stuff new england feeds off of.

carpenter missing long range field goal attempt? unheard of. shake the jimmies out in the preseason. that's what it is here for.

The ugly:
gruden seemed particularly medicated. he can't last a full season like that.

EJ's play looked like his second game vs carolina. shaky, but servicable. the issue being that he's now a 3rd year pro vs a rookie.
EJ getting slotted with guys who really didn't look good on the line or running the ball.

MikeInRoch
08-21-2015, 06:55 AM
Because clearly you know that they were denying them water.

justasportsfan
08-21-2015, 08:32 AM
The Good:
Defense & Coaching are an improvement.

Bills had THE BEST 3rd down D under Schwartz and I didn't see that last night . I hope it's because we don't game plan for preseason games. But I worry about blitzing vs better qb's come regular season games

better days
08-21-2015, 08:39 AM
Bills had THE BEST 3rd down D under Schwartz and I didn't see that last night . I hope it's because we don't game plan for preseason games. But I worry about blitzing vs better qb's come regular season games

Two INT's by the Bills in the 1st qtr.

I think they will be fine.

Jimkelly12203
08-21-2015, 08:40 AM

I don't think there's any question we're going to give up a lot more big plays this year. You live and die by the Blitz. I'm sort of torn on it because blitzing is so much more fun to watch, high risk, high reward, etc... At the same time, when you know you can get pressure with 4 and drop everyone back in coverage, it's a more sure bet. When we hired Rex, we had to know we'd be taking more risks. But we're going to blow it on 3rd and long a lot more than we did last year. The upside is we'll probably generate a few game-changing turnovers in the process.

ct bills fan
08-21-2015, 08:44 AM
The Ugly: Dareus' post-game comments about the offer we made him is probably the first sign that the spending spree we have been on (Clay, McCoy, et. al) is going to end up burning this franchise sooner than later.

I'm excited as the next man, but ask yourself where you want to put your money? The best DT in the NFL (Dareus is better than Suh, btw) or the best HB in the NFL and a TE with massive upside?

Posturing - all will work out fine in the end, one would think

justasportsfan
08-21-2015, 08:56 AM
Two INT's by the Bills in the 1st qtr.

I think they will be fine.

wish it was that simple especially since we are still facing Marsha

trapezeus
08-21-2015, 01:36 PM
I don't think there's any question we're going to give up a lot more big plays this year. You live and die by the Blitz. I'm sort of torn on it because blitzing is so much more fun to watch, high risk, high reward, etc... At the same time, when you know you can get pressure with 4 and drop everyone back in coverage, it's a more sure bet. When we hired Rex, we had to know we'd be taking more risks. But we're going to blow it on 3rd and long a lot more than we did last year. The upside is we'll probably generate a few game-changing turnovers in the process.

i think rex's blitz scheme works because they don't always bring it and make it hard to know when it's dropping back a nd when it's all coming.