PDA

View Full Version : Dez lewis

DesertFox24
08-21-2015, 09:22 AM
I was hopeful he would make the team but he has done nothing. Problem is a bet some team will claim him.

IlluminatusUIUC
08-21-2015, 09:23 AM
How is that a problem?

MillsapsBillsFan
08-21-2015, 10:09 AM
WR depth is the last thing im worried about on this team right now. Lewis was just a 7th round flier, if he makes the team nice. But if he doesnt he'll go to the PS and if someone takes him from there they can have him. Not that big of a loss

GreedoII
08-21-2015, 10:32 AM
lol...nice thread...on a 7th rd WR...oh yes I can't wait for "Stevie Johnson was a 7th rounder!""..lol

Victor7
08-21-2015, 11:15 AM
Why is that a problem ?

Lewis is camp fodder. For us or any other team

justasportsfan
08-21-2015, 11:24 AM
Andre Davis

DesertFox24
08-21-2015, 03:15 PM
We do not have a wr that can be that box out red zone option and the fact ej did not even look his way yesterday shows me his standing. Like you guys said not a big deal and I agree but I was hoping he could be a red zone matchup problem since as they said last year we have been one of worst red zone td scoring teams of not the worst the last two Aeasons.

Buffalogic
08-21-2015, 04:17 PM
Davis and Thompson have been really impressive.

swiper
08-21-2015, 04:29 PM
lol...nice thread...on a 7th rd WR...oh yes I can't wait for "Stevie Johnson was a 7th rounder!""..lol

No, but I'll give you one more "we could have had La'el Collins with that pick."

The Jokeman
08-21-2015, 07:49 PM
Did anyone think Stevie Johnson would turn into what he became after his first preseason, I know I didn't.So we failed on a 7th Round pick, it's not like their only team that ever has. Toss in he might still make the PS.

Mace
08-21-2015, 09:02 PM
I was hopeful he would make the team but he has done nothing. Problem is a bet some team will claim him.

I'm with you on that and have a feeling he'll probably succeed someplace that has a real passing offense. I don't think we'll be able to get him to the practice squad for the day when we get a better QB to hope Lewis pans out.

HHURRICANE
08-22-2015, 02:16 AM
Certainly I want picks to pan out but it is what is is.

The thread should be about O'leary. Not sure he's making the team.

DesertFox24
08-22-2015, 09:16 AM
I think nick makes the team personally. The mulligan has me concerned though. Gragg needs to make the roster and I really like gray so if they keep 4 it is between nick and mulligan.

EricStratton
08-22-2015, 02:08 PM
It's a good sign when a team has enough talent that it needs to cut good players.

Mouldsie
08-23-2015, 04:05 PM
Did anyone think Stevie Johnson would turn into what he became after his first preseason, I know I didn't.So we failed on a 7th Round pick, it's not like their only team that ever has. Toss in he might still make the PS.
Yes.

Dez Lewis was a wasted draft pick. So was Tony Steward and Nick O'Leary and IMO Karlos Williams. We had an awful draft. And the Sammy move was terrible and the Stevie trade and Bryce Brown trade were each awful. I also am not a huge fan of the McCoy for Kiko one. Doug Whaley needs to get it together.

SpikedLemonade
08-23-2015, 04:32 PM
Yes.

Dez Lewis was a wasted draft pick. So was Tony Steward and Nick O'Leary and IMO Karlos Williams. We had an awful draft. And the Sammy move was terrible and the Stevie trade and Bryce Brown trade were each awful. I also am not a huge fan of the McCoy for Kiko one. Doug Whaley needs to get it together.

You sure like your fan favourites -- Hogan and Stevie.

Steward and O'Leary may be wasted picks. I would have preferred the picks be used on the OL.

Karlos may be the steal of the draft. Very talented. Very big. Goal line RB with enough speed to be used to spell off Shady.

You should research Bryce Brown. Most highly recruited RB heading into college. If he learns to hold onto the ball, he will be an excellent RB.

This will be Freddie's last year. Boobie is marginal. Karlos and Bryce will be on this team next year.

The Jokeman
08-23-2015, 04:45 PM
Yes.

Whaley's the first GM we've had since Donahoe to produce a winning record on the field. I think he's doing quite well at building the roster. I'd like to see a little more depth along the OL and better TEs but all and all on paper this is the best group of talent we've had in quite some time. To me Williams represents a future replacement for FJax, I hated the Stevie trade when it happened and felt it was a mistake but O'Leary is a developmental type and Steward might be too.

CoolBreeze
08-23-2015, 05:01 PM
95% of late round picks are usually out of football within 2 yrs. Dez may possess natural ability, be we will never know his football intelligence, passion, or his love of the game. Instead of being disappointed in him, be happy with Andre Davis and Deonte Thompson, they have shown that have "it"

Mouldsie
08-23-2015, 05:39 PM
You sure like your fan favourites -- Hogan and Stevie.

Steward and O'Leary may be wasted picks. I would have preferred the picks be used on the OL.

Karlos may be the steal of the draft. Very talented. Very big. Goal line RB with enough speed to be used to spell off Shady.

You should research Bryce Brown. Most highly recruited RB heading into college. If he learns to hold onto the ball, he will be an excellent RB.

This will be Freddie's last year. Boobie is marginal. Karlos and Bryce will be on this team next year.
When did I mention Hogan? I thought it was bull**** we kept him over Stevie.

Wasted picks we agree.

Very talented. Very scummy. No vision. FSU's run game got significantly better when they finally benched him.

Bryce Brown can't hold onto the football however.

starrymessenger
08-23-2015, 05:51 PM
Dez Lewis belongs on the practice squad. Thompson and Davis on the 53. Goodwin and Hogan traded or cut. JMO.

SpikedLemonade
08-23-2015, 06:10 PM
Dez Lewis belongs on the practice squad. Thompson and Davis on the 53. Goodwin and Hogan traded or cut. JMO.

What about Easley?

I think Goodwin has done enough to make this team this year over Easley.

Mace
08-23-2015, 06:28 PM
What about Easley?

Easley has special teams value. Goodwin has done more as a receiver. I'm not real sure Ryan won't find a better special teams DB though to take Easley's place. I'm still on the fence about Goodwin. For some reason my head keeps saying he's Roscoe Parrish in disguise.

yordad
08-23-2015, 07:21 PM
Dez doesn't even look good enough to make the practice squad. 2 other undrafted wrs look better and they just added a third guy w blazing speed. Dez is a goner.

thenry20
08-24-2015, 12:52 AM
WR depth is the last thing im worried about on this team right now. Lewis was just a 7th round flier, if he makes the team nice. But if he doesnt he'll go to the PS and if someone takes him from there they can have him. Not that big of a loss

nuff sed

swiper
08-24-2015, 04:02 AM
Dez doesn't even look good enough to make the practice squad. 2 other undrafted wrs look better and they just added a third guy w blazing speed. Dez is a goner.

Hold that thought.

From yesterday's practice:

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/615628575409065984/h8JOiuzW_normal.jpgMike Rodak ✔ @mikerodak (https://twitter.com/mikerodak)

Dez Lewis, the Bills' 7th round pick, is having his best practice of camp. Was coming on slowly to this point.

Night Train
08-24-2015, 06:01 AM
http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/08/23/rookie-receiver-lewis-starting-to-catch-on/

WGR said he looked fantastic yesterday.

Teams do like to keep draft picks around, especially WR's that are 6-4 220.

starrymessenger
08-24-2015, 07:27 AM
http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/08/23/rookie-receiver-lewis-starting-to-catch-on/

WGR said he looked fantastic yesterday.

Teams do like to keep draft picks around, especially WR's that are 6-4 220.

Exactly. I thought it extremely unlikely that Lewis was as bad as has been reported and from what little I saw in games. Just didn't jive with the tape. So to me he was maybe just a little star struck by the bigger stage, coming from a small school, and the big step up in competition. So I thought he maybe just needed to get acclimated which makes him a perfect cadidate for the PS. The stage has not proven too big for Davis however and despite his 40 time I don't know that he would make it to the PS or be there very long in any event. I think he may be the gem in this group of young wideouts.

starrymessenger
08-24-2015, 07:35 AM
What about Easley?

Goodwin may well make the team, but my sense of it is that his skills as a receiver are midling and that he is unreliable because he can't stay healthy. Great person and athlete tho no question. Hogan's a guy you can respect but he just isn't anywhere as talented as Thompson or Davis. I think the Bills should trade/cut Goodwin and Hogan and go with the young ones. Maybe one of them develops a phantom injury.
I haven't been paying attention to Easly but based on his play the last couple of years he looks to me to be an elite gunner and STmer. I don't know if the Bills have a player in another position group that could replace him.

Ed
08-24-2015, 10:54 AM
Fans are always worried about their teams PS players getting snatched up, but every team has players on the bubble that they don't want to cut. It's tough enough for teams to get down to 53 without trying to add other teams cuts too. I don't think getting Lewis on the PS will be an issue.

Oaf
08-24-2015, 01:13 PM
Why would any other team claim him?

yordad
08-25-2015, 12:23 PM
Why would any other team claim him?Exactly. You don't see many 7th round WRs w zero preseason attention get snatched up often.

Goobylal
08-25-2015, 12:39 PM
Lewis may have played himself onto the PS. As for Easley, they re-signed him for his ST's prowess. He's not going anywhere.

Night Train
08-25-2015, 12:49 PM
If good players are getting cut, you should focus on the big picture.

That's a good thing, since it indicates quality starters and depth.

swiper
09-04-2015, 05:44 AM
vs Detroit....

Jay Skurski @JaySkurski (https://twitter.com/JaySkurski)

Probably too little, too late for Dez Lewis, but this must have been what #Bills (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bills?src=hash) had in mind when drafting him.

The player has good measurables. Seems to be coming on of late. Should buy him a practice squad spot.

DesertFox24
09-04-2015, 09:29 AM
To bad you cannot cut guys and then you are guaranteed to keep them on PS for at least one week. For example if the bills had 8 guys they wanted on practice squad that are already on the roster they could designate those guys as not waiver wire eligible for one week. That way we would be guaranteed at least a few people on the prac squad, and the decide what we want to do after the first game if someone tries to sign them.

Ed
09-04-2015, 09:58 AM
To bad you cannot cut guys and then you are guaranteed to keep them on PS for at least one week. For example if the bills had 8 guys they wanted on practice squad that are already on the roster they could designate those guys as not waiver wire eligible for one week. That way we would be guaranteed at least a few people on the prac squad, and the decide what we want to do after the first game if someone tries to sign them.
The problem with that is PS players earn significantly less than even the lowest paid players who make the final roster. If a team doesn't have a spot for a player, they shouldn't be allowed to prevent that player from a better opportunity where they can actually be on a roster and earn a real NFL salary.

Scumbag College
09-04-2015, 10:10 AM
Dez showed enough last night to warrant a spot on the PS. Put him on there, if there's a rash of WR injuries on the team and no other FA that look appealing, he'll be in town. Let him compete for a #4 or #5 spot in TC 2016. He has the size and hands to catch on, just tough to make the jump from a small school WR to an NFL roster as a rookie.