X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

I'd like to see EJ start the third game and play the first half with the 1's

He hasn't looked all that bad against the 2s and 3s. He's also the kind of QB who takes a while to warm up because he plays much better as the game moves along. He's shown that throughout his brief career.
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Re: I'd like to see EJ start the third game and play the first half with the 1's

They need another long look at Tyrod. EJ's not part of the starter competition anymore.

Comment

• Fixxxer
      • Jul 2002

Re: I'd like to see EJ start the third game and play the first half with the 1's

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
      They need another long look at Tyrod. EJ's not part of the starter competition anymore.
      in your humble opinion

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

I reiterate...give EJ his live shot with the ones, and go with whoever is chosen to start in the last preseason game.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• WagonCircler
          Escaped Convict
          • Jul 2002

I'd like Hannah Davis to knock on my door, begging for a massage. This is about as likely to happen as EJ starting the next game.

Comment

• WagonCircler
            Escaped Convict
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
            I reiterate...give EJ his live shot with the ones, and go with whoever is chosen to start in the last preseason game.
            The fourth preseason game is used to evaluate the bubble players. Putting your regular season starting QB, who has never started a game for the Bills, be he Taylor or Cassel, and depriving him of a true run through (in game 3) with the starters, would be asinine.

EJ is not even close to second place.

Comment

• sudzy
              • Apr 2013

This is an important preseason game. The Bills will probably play their starters the whole 1st half and a good Steelers team will play their starters the whole 1st half. This is a great opportunity to see where this team is. I don't want to waste it, coddling bruised egos. Pick the guy that is ahead in the QB battle and start him.

Comment

• Novacane
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Fixxxer View Post
                in your humble opinion

Anyone who thinks EJ is still in this competition is delusional.

Comment

• Fixxxer
                  • Jul 2002

he took reps with the ones in practice today, it's not about what I want, it's what every QB earned in practice so far this year.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                    • Sep 2003

I go with TT, you know what you have with cassel.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by alohabillsfan View Post
                      I go with TT, you know what you have with cassel.
                      So gamble on an unknown vs going with something old and reliable? (Not that Cassel is fully reliable because if he was he'd not likely be here). I think we let TT and Cassel duke it out against the Steelers and the go with who shows the best wins the job.

Comment

• Novacane
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                        So gamble on an unknown vs going with something old and reliable? (Not that Cassel is fully reliable because if he was he'd not likely be here). I think we let TT and Cassel duke it out against the Steelers and the go with who shows the best wins the job.

You answered your own question. Cassel is not reliable.

Comment

• JoeMama
                          Emotion Sickness
                          • Oct 2002

I would like to see EJ start next week too.

Give each guy one crack at it then spend the next two weeks determining your starter.

I see no drawbacks to this.
                          Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                            You answered your own question. Cassel is not reliable.
                            None of the QBs we have truly are, that said to me Cassel is the safest choice.

Comment

• sudzy
                              • Apr 2013

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post
                              I would like to see EJ start next week too.

Give each guy one crack at it then spend the next two weeks determining your starter.

I see no drawbacks to this.
                              Why would you worry about silly things like getting a starting offense ready for the season, when there are bruised egos to think of? Let's start Simms week 4 I'd hate not giving him his shot at this.

Comment

Working...
                              X