PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to see EJ start the third game and play the first half with the 1's

jamze132
08-22-2015, 08:58 AM
He hasn't looked all that bad against the 2s and 3s. He's also the kind of QB who takes a while to warm up because he plays much better as the game moves along. He's shown that throughout his brief career.

Novacane
08-22-2015, 09:34 AM
They need another long look at Tyrod. EJ's not part of the starter competition anymore.

Fixxxer
08-22-2015, 10:29 AM
They need another long look at Tyrod. EJ's not part of the starter competition anymore.

in your humble opinion

YardRat
08-22-2015, 11:05 AM
I reiterate...give EJ his live shot with the ones, and go with whoever is chosen to start in the last preseason game.

WagonCircler
08-22-2015, 11:26 AM
I'd like Hannah Davis to knock on my door, begging for a massage. This is about as likely to happen as EJ starting the next game.

WagonCircler
08-22-2015, 11:30 AM
I reiterate...give EJ his live shot with the ones, and go with whoever is chosen to start in the last preseason game.

The fourth preseason game is used to evaluate the bubble players. Putting your regular season starting QB, who has never started a game for the Bills, be he Taylor or Cassel, and depriving him of a true run through (in game 3) with the starters, would be asinine.

EJ is not even close to second place.

sudzy
08-22-2015, 11:35 AM
This is an important preseason game. The Bills will probably play their starters the whole 1st half and a good Steelers team will play their starters the whole 1st half. This is a great opportunity to see where this team is. I don't want to waste it, coddling bruised egos. Pick the guy that is ahead in the QB battle and start him.

Novacane
08-22-2015, 12:59 PM
in your humble opinion

Anyone who thinks EJ is still in this competition is delusional.

Fixxxer
08-22-2015, 01:16 PM
he took reps with the ones in practice today, it's not about what I want, it's what every QB earned in practice so far this year.

alohabillsfan
08-22-2015, 01:33 PM
I go with TT, you know what you have with cassel.

The Jokeman
08-22-2015, 01:35 PM
I go with TT, you know what you have with cassel.

So gamble on an unknown vs going with something old and reliable? (Not that Cassel is fully reliable because if he was he'd not likely be here). I think we let TT and Cassel duke it out against the Steelers and the go with who shows the best wins the job.

Novacane
08-22-2015, 02:50 PM
So gamble on an unknown vs going with something old and reliable? (Not that Cassel is fully reliable because if he was he'd not likely be here). I think we let TT and Cassel duke it out against the Steelers and the go with who shows the best wins the job.

You answered your own question. Cassel is not reliable.

JoeMama
08-22-2015, 05:21 PM
I would like to see EJ start next week too.

Give each guy one crack at it then spend the next two weeks determining your starter.

I see no drawbacks to this.

The Jokeman
08-22-2015, 05:27 PM
You answered your own question. Cassel is not reliable.

None of the QBs we have truly are, that said to me Cassel is the safest choice.

sudzy
08-22-2015, 05:31 PM
I would like to see EJ start next week too.

Give each guy one crack at it then spend the next two weeks determining your starter.

I see no drawbacks to this.

Why would you worry about silly things like getting a starting offense ready for the season, when there are bruised egos to think of? Let's start Simms week 4 I'd hate not giving him his shot at this.

JoeMama
08-22-2015, 05:41 PM
Why would you worry about silly things like getting a starting offense ready for the season, when there are bruised egos to think of? Let's start Simms week 4 I'd hate not giving him his shot at this.

By all accounts, EJ's been doing some good work lately.

Not harm in giving him a series or two. I think EJ deserves a fair shake. He's doing what's asked of him and he's looked halfway decent. Then put either Taylor or Cassel out there was the #1 D is still out there to play against.

As for Simms, that's just asinine, nobody considers him worthy of competing for anything but clipboard duty IF he's lucky and makes the team.

EJ ain't my guy but I give credit where it's due and he's done pretty well so far and has been improving. I think its fair for the sake of parity to let him try his hand with the ones, even if it's one drive.

Nice lame attempt at pretending I'm promoting the idea that I want every single player to get red carpet treatment. I don't.

Simms can play the whole damn 4th preseason game vs the Lions as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe a little EJ too to start the game.

I find none of this unreasonable.