• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JoeMama
    Emotion Sickness
    • Oct 2002

Saturday morning's practice... interesting comments about QB's

Top 3 things you need to know from Day 15 at Bills Camp

Saturday’s practice was one of the best of the camp in terms of quarterback play, with Tyrod Taylor and EJ Manuel looking especially sharp. All three QBs, including Matt Cassel, got time with the first team on a regular rotation.

In the first team session, Taylor threw a beautiful deep sideline pass to Marcus Easley who got past the coverage and ran into the end zone for a touchdown.

In seven-on-seven work, Manuel threw a strike over the middle to tight end Charles Clay. And Taylor connected with Marquise Goodwin on a high pass that Goodwin brought down for a reception.

When they got into red zone seven-on-seven work, Manuel lofted a high pass to Tight End MarQueis Gary for a four yard touchdown. And in the final team session, it was Taylor hooking up with Goodwin again for a deep pass down the middle.

After practice, Rex Ryan re-stated what he told BuffaloBills.com on “Coffee with the Coach” four days ago. He says there’s a high possibility he’ll keep all three quarterbacks on the roster when the final cut downs are made in two weeks.

“Well, all three of them are playing really well. So we’ve said from day one that we’d keep our best 53 in our opinion and regardless of the position. But clearly there you have three good quarterbacks so that’s a high, high possibility.”

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/art...b2_buf_article
    I know it's wildly unpopular but I'd love to keep Cassel, Taylor, and YES-- even Manuel -- if he continues improving the way he has in recent weeks.

Very encouraging.

At this point I still think EJ > Simms, even if EJ has obnoxious fans.

I want the best possible players, regardless of how obnoxious their fans are.
    Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.
  • Famous Amos
    • Jul 2013

Re: Saturday morning's practice... interesting comments about QB's

Nothing was said about Cassel today?
    "Hate is a lack of imagination."
    -Graham Greene

Comment

• djjimkelly
      • Apr 2003

and EJ rolling with the ones uh oh lol

Comment

• Bill Cody
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post

At this point I still think EJ > Simms, even if EJ has obnoxious fans.

I want the best possible players, regardless of how obnoxious their fans are.
        and who might those folks be? At most you have a group of posters who have kept an open mind that EJ might improve. That doesn't seem nearly as obnoxious to me as a much larger group that dumps on EJ every chance they get. That's not only obnoxious it's illogical. Every Bills fan should be an EJ fan because a) he's a part of our team and b) because if he does well he could either help us win games or get us a return in a trade. The folks that can't go a day without bashing him have an obnoxious agenda, being shown to be right. I see people like that every day and they're almost always annoying SOB's with inflated opinion's of themselves. That's my take.

Comment

• JoeMama
          Emotion Sickness
          • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Famous Amos View Post
          Nothing was said about Cassel today?
          They didn't mention much about him other than he split some time with the ones.
          Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• JoeMama
            Emotion Sickness
            • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
            and who might those folks be? At most you have a group of posters who have kept an open mind that EJ might improve. That doesn't seem nearly as obnoxious to me as a much larger group that dumps on EJ every chance they get. That's not only obnoxious it's illogical. Every Bills fan should be an EJ fan because a) he's a part of our team and b) because if he does well he could either help us win games or get us a return in a trade. The folks that can't go a day without bashing him have an obnoxious agenda, being shown to be right. I see people like that every day and they're almost always annoying SOB's with inflated opinion's of themselves. That's my take.
            You should get a PR job.

That's one hell of a spin job for some of EJ's uglier fans who are willing to trash anyone and anything who don't proclaim EJ the greatest thing on God's green earth.

They know who they are.

I'm not going to single them out and throw them under the bus since I'm trying to keep it positive here.

Like I said, I want the best 3 QB's on our roster come September and I think EJ is making a fine case to make it.

I'm not here to air out the dirty laundry. Just celebrate some positives.
            Last edited by JoeMama; 08-22-2015, 04:02 PM.

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

Joe B said they were not in pads today and going at 3/4 speed to work on execution of plays.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Novacane
                • Jul 2002

Keep the best 3. EJ is one of the best three.

I wouldn't say EJ groupies are obnoxious. They are annoying. They refuse to see that the coach's obviously don't see EJ as the starter. They seem to be EJ fans first. Bills fans second.

Comment

• JoeMama
                  Emotion Sickness
                  • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                  Keep the best 3. EJ is one of the best three.

I wouldn't say EJ groupies are obnoxious. They are annoying. They refuse to see that the coach's obviously don't see EJ as the starter. They seem to be EJ fans first. Bills fans second.
                  They remind me of Drew Bledsoe fans from the range.

And once he left for Dallas, they all left the range. And I was like HALLELUJAH! Good riddance to those non-Bills fans.

We definitely have a contingent of EJ or nobody fans on this site.

See how badly they trashed Orton last year even though Orton outplayed EJ by a mile.

No objectivity. No football IQ. No credibility.

And that's coming from a guy who actually thinks EJ is a good kid and wants to see him succeed.

But damn, his fans are a detriment to his popularity around here. They're just such myopic homers with zero objectivity.

Comment

• Novacane
                    • Jul 2002

EJ seems like a really good kid. I like him too and want him to succeed. He's not a worthless POS like some here say. I think he'll have a long career as a backup and maybe even an average starter that has just enough success to make another team think they can win with him. I bet he kicks around the league like Fitz for a long time. I don't think he'll ever be the guy to carry a team though.

We've always had a group that goes all in with a QB and refuses to give up. Flutie, Johnson, Bledsoe, Losman, Edwards. They all had their little group that was all in. Hell, they even continued after those guys were long gone.

Comment

• JoeMama
                      Emotion Sickness
                      • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
                      I said I wasn't gonna name names but **** it.

djjimkelly, Yasgur's Farm, better days, notacon (formerly), and Dr. Who

Just to name a few.

And there's plenty more where that came from. I can't name them all off the top of my head as though I have a working excel spreadsheet on these guys.
                      Last edited by JoeMama; 08-22-2015, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                        Escaped Convict
                        • Jul 2002

The Buffalo Bills third string Quarterback is about as relevant as the business agent for Jared from Subway.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post
                          I said I wasn't gonna name names but **** it.

djjimkelly, Yasgur's Farm, better days, notacon (formerly), and Dr. Who

Just to name a few.

And there's plenty more where that came from. I can't name them all off the top of my head as though I have a working excel spreadsheet on these guys.
                          Now that you've named us, how about a few quotes to back up your claim... I'd be especially interested in mine.

Comment

• JoeMama
                            Emotion Sickness
                            • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
                            Now that you've named us, how about a few quotes to back up your claim... I'd be especially interested in mine.
                            You alone have over 96 pages of posts pimping EJ Manuel... and you're gonna sit here and deny you're an EJ homer?

Are you trying to make us laugh or just insult our intelligence?

I'm not wasting the rest of my Saturday posting hundreds of posts for your convenience.

You know what you are and so do the rest of us.

So please, cut it with the denial.

You're like an alcoholic with 10 DUI's who's like, "I don't have a drinking problem!"

I don't enjoy when boneheads ask me to waste my time when you know as well as I do you're an EJ homer.

So save it for someone who cares about your lame attempt at plausible deniability.

Comment

• Goobylal
                              • Jan 2004

To do anything other than keep 3 QB's would be idiotic. Cassel hasn't been able to stay healthy (3 out of) the past 4 years and Taylor is a complete unknown WRT durability. And EJ is far more talented than Simms.

Comment

Working...
                              X