PDA

View Full Version : Would You Trade Places with the Average NFL Player?

Mike
08-24-2015, 11:29 AM
Here is a hypothetical question:

Would you trade places with a random 2015 rookie?

Keep in mind the following Rules:

1. You would NOT get to keep any of your current skills or knowledge.
(Example: even if you successfully invested large sums of money at 22, you won't be able to bring that skill with you)

2. You'd be in your early 20's with 2 years of crappy college education under your belt

3. You have a 78% chance of being broke by 2021 (6yrs)

4. Whatever injuries, concussions you sustain will be with you forever.

5. Following your short career, You'll most likely go living in ghetto like conditions & having to start a new career from scratch.

Would you do it?

Topas
08-24-2015, 11:34 AM
I think no. 5 is hyperbole. That is not the AVERAGE case.
But no, I would not trade my life for that life.
And anyway, I don't want to be 22 again. That age sucks. Even if I am LeSean and giving parties with Hoes by the week.

CommissarSpartacus
08-24-2015, 11:41 AM

(Example: even if you successfully invested large sums of money at 22, you won't be able to bring that skill with you)

2. You'd be in your early 20's with 2 years of crappy college education under your belt

5. Following your short career, You'll most likely go living in ghetto like conditions & having to start a new career from scratch.

Would you do it?

Uh, do I get to have a 10" dick too?

Mike
08-24-2015, 11:46 AM

So your in it for the dick?

OpIv37
08-24-2015, 11:52 AM

The phrase "LOL" gets thrown around too much these days. But this comment literally made me laugh out loud at work.

CommissarSpartacus
08-24-2015, 11:52 AM

I have a great affection for my dick.

Meathead
08-24-2015, 11:55 AM

one in each hand if you want

JoeMama
08-24-2015, 12:57 PM

I wouldn't want one of those.

Can you imagine how much harder it would be to score anal with a dong that size?

No thanks!

WagonCircler
08-24-2015, 01:27 PM
Wow. Did this thread go south quickly.

kscdogbillsfan1221
08-24-2015, 01:43 PM
Wow. Did this thread go south quickly.

literally and figuratively

feldspar
08-24-2015, 02:08 PM

I'll give you one tomorrow, only you might not like it.

CommissarSpartacus
08-24-2015, 02:10 PM
I'll give you one tomorrow, only you might not like it.

Won't your boyfriend back in the can get jealous?

feldspar
08-24-2015, 02:15 PM
Won't your boyfriend back in the can get jealous?

In that case, be prepared for TWO 10" dicks.

Comin' right up...

Albany,n.y.
08-24-2015, 02:21 PM
It makes a big difference if you're trading places with a high 1st round pick or an undrafted free agent. If it's the 1st rounder at least I'll have millions of $ at some point in my life. Look at EJ-he's marketable enough to go into broadcasting even if he busts on the field. He's never going to be living in a ghetto. On the other hand the undrafted free agent will be parking cars in a couple of years.

DynaPaul
08-24-2015, 03:09 PM
I'll do it for the paycheck that I could then bring to my current self a year later.

gr8slayer
08-24-2015, 03:16 PM
No, in fact, I regret having ever played football almost every day.

Captain gameboy
08-24-2015, 03:25 PM
Interesting question.

We have a close family friend who is a backup QB, for now, for an NFL team.

He is the same age as one of my kids, and close to the others.

They would gladly trade with him, and they are all college grads with good jobs.

Night Train
08-24-2015, 03:45 PM
Back on topic and away from the closet gay thingy.

No, I would not trade places. I live a good life and will not be experiencing the health issues these guys will.

Too each his own.

CommissarSpartacus
08-24-2015, 03:59 PM
In that case, be prepared for TWO 10" dicks.

Comin' right up...

It's common knowledge around the board that gay gang rape is your thing.

Chacun a son gout...

feldspar
08-24-2015, 04:28 PM
It's common knowledge around the board that gay gang rape is your thing...

That's why the smart ones watch their step.

CommissarSpartacus
08-24-2015, 05:35 PM
That's why the smart ones watch their step.

Really? And you know this how? If they're so smart, why are they telling you?

Meathead
08-24-2015, 06:44 PM
when i was younger im sure i woulda said hell yeah. now that im older and know what injuries do to you later in life, its a definite hell no. maybe one of the kickers thats about it

ublinkwescore
08-24-2015, 07:44 PM
I still some times have dreams in my sleep about playing linebacker on the bills. hell yea I would. I think I could evolve into a solid starter eventually - I have come a long way in shedding 100 lbs. if I could do that, I feel that if I were to make an NFL team, I could probably push myself to the point that I could become a legit starter if not a pro-bowler. just for the experience of a lifetime alone and to be able to tell people I played for an NFL team and they can even google your name if you never amounted to much and still see for themselves - I think you can find pretty much every single player to make an NFL team - even if they are cut before the season starts...

feldspar
08-25-2015, 08:51 AM
Really? And you know this how? If they're so smart, why are they telling you?

I don't know what you are talking about, but I thought we were talking about big dicks and gay gang rape.

CommissarSpartacus
08-25-2015, 10:20 AM
I don't know what you are talking about, but I thought we were talking about big dicks and gay gang rape.

I only mentioned the big dick. You're the guy that introduced gay rape into the discussion.

I guess the two go together in your experience.

feldspar
08-25-2015, 10:31 AM
I only mentioned the big dick. You're the guy that introduced gay rape into the discussion.

I guess the two go together in your experience.

No sense of humor, either, huh?

Jimkelly12203
08-25-2015, 11:04 AM
I could take the league minimum multiplied by the average number of years a player can stay in the league and be essentially set for life with that money, and the money I would earn using that money. You could open a pizza shop or café with zero debt. You could invest it wisely. Yeah... i'll take the "risk" associated with earning ~$500,000 / year or so for a few years.

Mr. Miyagi
08-25-2015, 11:55 AM
The phrase "LOL" gets thrown around too much these days. But this comment literally made me laugh out loud at work.
Exactly. I'm still laughing right now.

Generalissimus Gibby
08-26-2015, 04:39 PM

Lets see:

Well I have an MA in history so really I have no skills and no marketable knowledge outside of teaching, and **** to be 22 again and to make a minimum wage of 435,000 a year in year one, to see it go up to 525,000 next year, and to go up yet again to 690,000 a year after that to do a lot of riding the pine? Well sheeeeeit, that's 1,650,000 in three years. At 22 I was a broke history student who grew up in a working class home with little in savings, and only a rudimentary understanding of market forces. However, way I figure from using NFL earnings table at:

http://www.spotrac.com/blog/nfl-minimum-salaries-for-2015-and-the-veteran-cap-benefit-rule/

and current tax brackets at:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyphillipserb/2014/10/30/irs-announces-2015-tax-brackets-standard-deduction-amounts-and-more/

I still take home a little better than a million dollars at the end of three years. Not a whole lot, but no problem. What I get is a decent car or two (don't need anything fancy), probably around 45,000. I get a house that I pay off by the time I retire 500,000, the rest I use to complete my education in a decent field like finance, and I invest in some stable long term blue chips. Anything left I use to pay off debt, and tithe

See point one, I'd invest and finish my degree in a marketable field.

I only stick around until I clear a million and I am gone

That's a *****, but hopefully by riding the pine for three years I am good anyways.

Mama always taught me to live within my means, and well with a mill I know I could.

Would you do it?

Under my conditions yes.

BillsImpossible
08-26-2015, 05:58 PM
I'd rather be healthy, pain free, poor, and happy instead of being unhealthy, suffering from chronic pain, rich and miserable.

Health is wealth. If you're healthy and pain free, you're super rich.

My mental and physical health are worth more than money.

feldspar
08-26-2015, 06:04 PM
I'd rather be healthy, pain free, poor, and happy instead of being unhealthy, suffering from chronic pain, rich and miserable.

Health is wealth. If you're healthy and pain free, you're super rich.

My mental and physical health are worth more than money.

I'd rather be slightly hobbled with at least $10 million in the bank.

I'd step into the ring with Mike Tyson in his prime for $10 million, and I ain't hardly kidding. That's not even to be considered a risk, either...guaranteed he'd knock me into next week.

Mike
08-26-2015, 07:04 PM
Lets see:

Well I have an MA in history so really I have no skills and no marketable knowledge outside of teaching, and **** to be 22 again and to make a minimum wage of 435,000 a year in year one, to see it go up to 525,000 next year, and to go up yet again to 690,000 a year after that to do a lot of riding the pine? Well sheeeeeit, that's 1,650,000 in three years. At 22 I was a broke history student who grew up in a working class home with little in savings, and only a rudimentary understanding of market forces. However, way I figure from using NFL earnings table at:

http://www.spotrac.com/blog/nfl-minimum-salaries-for-2015-and-the-veteran-cap-benefit-rule/

and current tax brackets at:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyphillipserb/2014/10/30/irs-announces-2015-tax-brackets-standard-deduction-amounts-and-more/

I still take home a little better than a million dollars at the end of three years. Not a whole lot, but no problem. What I get is a decent car or two (don't need anything fancy), probably around 45,000. I get a house that I pay off by the time I retire 500,000, the rest I use to complete my education in a decent field like finance, and I invest in some stable long term blue chips. Anything left I use to pay off debt, and tithe

See point one, I'd invest and finish my degree in a marketable field.

I only stick around until I clear a million and I am gone

That's a *****, but hopefully by riding the pine for three years I am good anyways.

Mama always taught me to live within my means, and well with a mill I know I could.

Under my conditions yes.

Your engaging in a Finacial Analysis Breakdown which is a SKILL you Learned -probably after the age of 22.

Unfortunately, most 22 year old NFL players don't have this knowledge & skill and in this example you wouldn't either.

Given this his new understanding that you would spend your money most likely like the average NFL player (it means you have a 78% chance of being broke 3.5years post retirement) would you still take those odds & give up what you have -both inside your head & otherwise- and trade places with the average player?