PDA

View Full Version : interesting levitre article

kscdogbillsfan1221
08-25-2015, 06:33 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/25/levitre-could-be-on-verge-of-leaving-tennessee-involuntarily/

MillsapsBillsFan
08-25-2015, 06:39 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/25/levitre-could-be-on-verge-of-leaving-tennessee-involuntarily/

He'd be cheap depth here. But if he does get cut I wouldnt be shocked to see him go to New York. He had his best years in Chan's offense. Sure am glad we arent the ones that paid him that though

JoeMama
08-25-2015, 06:57 AM

How the mighty have fallen.

He was a damn good G here, with great versatility to move around and play multiple positions.

I know Chan Gailey's system probably made life easier for him with all the quick release oriented passing.

Still, hard to believe he dropped off so badly.

casdhf
08-25-2015, 07:20 AM
He is a finesse and movement player. He will do well in another offense of that style.

justasportsfan
08-25-2015, 07:27 AM
there's the chargers or jets

don137
08-25-2015, 07:31 AM
To lose out to Byron Bell one has to be pretty bad.

OpIv37
08-25-2015, 07:40 AM
Yet another example of the Bills getting it partially right.

Whether it was a wise personnel move or cheapness that lucked into being a good move, we will never know, but not re-signing him was the right move.

However, the money we saved by not paying him wasn't re-invested into the team until this year, and we still have questionable G's.

k-oneputt
08-25-2015, 07:47 AM
Philly.

Meathead
08-25-2015, 08:23 AM
ralph wasnt cheap

Joe Fo Sho
08-25-2015, 08:45 AM
I was not happy that we didn't re-sign Levitre, clearly I was wrong. I'm very surprised he's performed so poorly after leaving Buffalo. Oh well, good for us.

The King
08-25-2015, 09:06 AM
Levitre and Byrd... two moves that got this team to 9-7

OpIv37
08-25-2015, 09:12 AM
ralph wasnt cheap

Ralph was cheap. He consistently let guys walk rather than pay them. He consistently spent less on coaching thanksgiving other teams, and, most tellingly, he consistently went into the season millions below the cap.

Victor7
08-25-2015, 09:16 AM
I wanted us to resign him until I found out what he was asking/going for. It was crazy money for a guard.

Wonder if he was just a product of our system or if he flat out decided to mail it in after getting paid.

Meathead
08-25-2015, 12:52 PM
i did not want to resign him for the money he wanted and i was right as usual

Night Train
08-25-2015, 12:56 PM
Look at him with fresh eyes, detailing the present. If he can help, fine.

If not, the past is just that, the past. Ralph and that whole previous era is officially dead and no parallel between that and the present staff led by Ryan exists.

Bill Cody
08-25-2015, 01:04 PM
not signing him good
not replacing him bad

Mace
08-25-2015, 06:50 PM
He'd be cheap depth here. But if he does get cut I wouldnt be shocked to see him go to New York. He had his best years in Chan's offense. Sure am glad we arent the ones that paid him that though

I'd guess San Diego. He did his best work with D'Alessandris the OL coach.

swiper
08-25-2015, 06:53 PM

I did notice that he wasn't starting the other night against the Rams.

swiper
08-25-2015, 06:54 PM
He is a finesse and movement player. He will do well in another offense of that style.

Weren't the Bills using a zone blocking scheme when he and Wood excelled here?

YardRat
08-25-2015, 07:15 PM
How the mighty have fallen.

He was a damn good G here, with great versatility to move around and play multiple positions.

I know Chan Gailey's system probably made life easier for him with all the quick release oriented passing.

Still, hard to believe he dropped off so badly.

Levitre was an absolute train wreck at OT and C.

DynaPaul
08-25-2015, 07:26 PM
For the price he wanted you absolutely had to let the guy walk and now the chickens have come home to roost where another team realizes they spent too much. He'll catch on somewhere else, no doubt, but Tennessee was his last big payday.

The Jokeman
08-25-2015, 07:36 PM
For the price he wanted you absolutely had to let the guy walk and now the chickens have come home to roost where another team realizes they spent too much. He'll catch on somewhere else, no doubt, but Tennessee was his last big payday.

I just hope he doesn't end in Miami as they need an OG. Yet I feel he ends up in Seattle.

HHURRICANE
08-25-2015, 08:01 PM
Ok doesn't make up for losing Jason Peters.

JoeMama
08-25-2015, 08:20 PM
Levitre was an absolute train wreck at OT and C.

Disagree on OT. I thought he held up pretty well. Not great by any means but he held down the fort while we were in dire need of someone to step up.

C, fair enough.

But he was a monster LG for us.

You're anti-Levitre agenda has been clear for many years but at least give the guy some credit.

You make him sound like Mike ****ing Pucillo.

OpIv37
08-25-2015, 10:09 PM

Ok.

But that money was not reinvested in the team and we still have issues at G. And Levitre was a good player in Buffalo. Not overpaying someone is one thing, but the other portion of that is replacing him with someone equal or better. We haven't had a G equal to or better than how Levitre played here since he left.

kscdogbillsfan1221
08-25-2015, 10:10 PM
Ok.

But that money was not reinvested in the team and we still have issues at G. And Levitre was a good player in Buffalo. Not overpaying someone is one thing, but the other portion of that is replacing him with someone equal or better. We haven't had a G equal to or better than how Levitre played here since he left.

I agree that the mistake wasn't not resigning him, but not offering an even half decent replacement like Rinehart. Now, I know that we haven't started the regular season yet, but I am pretty happy with the performance of our guards in what we have seen of them so far this year.

Mike
08-26-2015, 12:21 AM
Ralph was cheap. He consistently let guys walk rather than pay them. He consistently spent less on coaching thanksgiving other teams, and, most tellingly, he consistently went into the season millions below the cap.

Honestly, Ralph was a cheap, ****ty owner that was all about the $$$...

During his entire reign the Bills lucked into two good eras (60's & 90's). Nevertheless, the Bills still managed to have a historical win percentage below .50 & have never managed to win a SB.

swiper
08-26-2015, 03:37 AM
Ok doesn't make up for losing Jason Peters.

Jason Peters wanted out of Buffalo. Let it go.

YardRat
08-26-2015, 04:52 AM
Disagree on OT. I thought he held up pretty well. Not great by any means but he held down the fort while we were in dire need of someone to step up.

C, fair enough.

But he was a monster LG for us.

You're anti-Levitre agenda has been clear for many years but at least give the guy some credit.

You make him sound like Mike ****ing Pucillo.

I will give him some credit...he was the best pulling guard we've had in quite a while, and probably the most skilled in getting out and playing in space...but that was about it. IMO he was bulled too much on the interior (especially in pass pro) to be considered a 'monster'. We'll just have to agree to disagree on OT I guess, I don't remember him holding up well at all on the outside. Whatever the differing opinions, he certainly wasn't worth keeping at the price he wanted and that has been proven.