PDA

View Full Version : How Do The Bills Sign Dareus, Bradham, Glenn, and Maybe A QB Too?

BillsImpossible
08-28-2015, 06:36 PM
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/2016/buffalo-bills/

Marcell Dareus was unhappy with the Bills $90 million contract offer.

It's likely that Nigel Bradham is going to have an amazing season and command a huge pay raise.

It is also likely that Cordy Glenn will return to his 2012-2013 form, have a great season and command a huge pay raise too.

Speaking of huge pay raises...

Tyrod Taylor's contract gets nullified if he plays 8 games or more. That means if Taylor plays in 8 games this year, he's a free agent next year.

If Taylor takes the Bills to foreign playoff territory because of his performance, he's going to command a huge pay raise as well.

Dareus, Bradham, Glenn, (maybe) Taylor...and Richie Incognito too.

If Incognito returns to his 2012/2013 form, he will also command a huge pay raise.

Yikes!

I think the Bills are smart to lay off contract negotiations with Dareus for now. Let him stew on that $90 million offer all season long if necessary.

The Bills can also use the franchise tag on Dareus, so he, like Stephon Gilmore will likely be in red, white and blue for two more seasons at least.

Nigel Bradham is my favorite player on defense. I think he's going to be phenomenal in 2015. So good, that the Bills won't be able to afford him in 2016.

It's easier to replace a linebacker compared to a left tackle like Cordy Glenn. Left Tackle is more important than linebacker.

A 10 year anchor at left tackle is almost as rare as a 10 year starting quarterback in the NFL.

Tyrod Taylor's contract is the huge wildcard when it comes to the Bills being able to sign their most important UFA's in 2016.

If Taylor starts, takes the Bills to the playoffs and has a Pro Bowl year, his new contract could be worth more than $90 million.

Matt Cassel is a free agent next year too. So insert Cassel in place of Taylor above and he will likely command more than $4.5 million to start.

If Cassel/Taylor wins a playoff game, they're going to want $10 million a season.

Sign the QB first, then the left tackle, and if the Bills have to part ways with Marcell Dareus because they actually have a quarterback for the first time since Jim Kelly, so be it.

YardRat
08-28-2015, 07:13 PM
They can't, especially after the drunken spending spree on flashy toys this past spring.

EricStratton
08-28-2015, 07:22 PM
Every team in the NFL faces decisions every off=season, Buffalo is no different

Mace
08-28-2015, 07:27 PM
A couple people renegotiate and they keep Glenn and Dareus. I'm not sure Bradham is irreplaceable, Ryan makes DB's & LB's fit. The QB's ? I don't think they're looking at more than short term contracts unless one of them lights it up and I don't think it will happen because it's not a "light it up" offense. Cassel or Manuel would be happy to continue their careers on a successful team, Taylor would be happy to have a chance to prove himself top notch on a successful team.

If they aren't so successful, they still keep Dareus and Glenn with some renegotiations, a cheaper Ryan LB if Bradham gets cranky and QB is still a cheap airball of guys who can't command big money anywhere else but will be happy to play cheaper with incentives because I think all three already know they aren't all that and just seem to want a job or a chance.

Jimkelly12203
08-28-2015, 08:51 PM
Darius needs to be the last luxury. From here on out Mr. Whaley better have his A+ game on when it comes to drafting. We can't possibly retain all these guys.

We're going to need a new Center and at least two OTs in the first five rounds next year. To go along with your typical need to keep drafting CBs.

Oh yeah, and we still don't have a QB. Or so they say.

IlluminatusUIUC
08-28-2015, 09:01 PM
There is no chance whatsoever that Tyrod Taylor earns himself a 90 million dollar deal unless he plays like prime Steve Young. His best case scenario is a Fitzpatrick Bills era contract.