PDA

View Full Version : What would EJ need to do to win you over today?

BuffaloRedleg
08-29-2015, 10:09 AM
Is there anything that EJ can do today to win you over?

Some people have made up their minds and he could throw 5 TDs and they would still be against him, but what about the rest?

He is without a lot of starters just like the others QBs, so I'm not sure how useful it is to just throw out stat lines. Preseason is about more than that since teams aren't really game-planning fully they are just trying things/people out and assessing.

Does he just need to play better than the other 2 QBs did?

Does he need to be "great" to erase all the bad memories?

This might be a little unfair, but I really need him to decisively impress. Bottom line, I need him to leave me with no question that he should be starter. If he still leaves us with question marks then it is time to move on. I don't know exactly what that looks like, but we'll know it when we see it. Good QB play isn't hard to see, even when you de-emphasize stats.

Now of course the other QBs could be absolutely awful and it may work out that way for him to become the starter, but all things equal what do you need to see?

Famous Amos
08-29-2015, 10:22 AM
He has to prove to me that his inaccurate tendencies are over. Not sure how he'll do that in 2-3 series of play. Throw the intermediate passes accurately, on time, with decisiveness. Use his legs when necessary. Look off defenders. Actually sell a play action pass. He has a lot of work to do!

WagonCircler
08-29-2015, 10:22 AM
Gene splicing. With someone whose DNA includes muscle memory and depth perception and timing.

Nothing he does in a preseason game will offset what he's made abundantly clear in 14 regular season games and 3 full training camps. He will never, ever, ever be a consistent passer. He is fatally flawed.

sudzy
08-29-2015, 10:28 AM
He can't. Not in one preseason game. I've seen him play well before. I've also seen really good games out of JP and Rob Johnson. You need to do it on a consistent basis.

Novacane
08-29-2015, 11:31 AM
Him perform flawless and the other 2 look terrible. Otherwise I'm starting TT week 1

MillsapsBillsFan
08-29-2015, 11:32 AM
He needs to play like he does the last 2 minutes of any clutch situation for a whole quarter.

IlluminatusUIUC
08-29-2015, 12:03 PM
EJ's flaw has been hitting the intermediate pass. I want to see consistent, on-target passing in the intermediate zones. No leading WRs into hits, throwing high and exposing them, or worm burning them.

HHURRICANE
08-29-2015, 12:10 PM
Nothing today. If he got traded than he would win me over.

YardRat
08-29-2015, 12:12 PM
Swapping paychecks would be a step in the right direction.

Mr. Pink
08-29-2015, 12:17 PM
I don't think there's anything he can do in one quarter that will win anyone ever.

People like the new shiny toy who runs all over the place too much.

Luisito23
08-29-2015, 12:28 PM
Forget being the season starter, I wish he didn't even start today.

The Jokeman
08-29-2015, 12:31 PM
I don't think there's anything he can do in one quarter that will win anyone ever.

People like the new shiny toy who runs all over the place too much.

But but but Tyrod's exciting and don't you know I have to be emotionally invested in my QB to see he's doing a good job?

Meathead
08-29-2015, 12:39 PM
levitate

Ingtar33
08-29-2015, 01:12 PM
nothing in one game.

doesn't mean he can't play well, just that there isn't anything he can show me today that will convince he he's someone else. he'd need to do it over an extended period of regular season games.

IlluminatusUIUC
08-29-2015, 01:26 PM
nothing in one game.

doesn't mean he can't play well, just that there isn't anything he can show me today that will convince he he's someone else. he'd need to do it over an extended period of regular season games.

Well nothing any player does today can win me over permanently, but I guess the real question is what would be enough for you to name him opening day starter?

BillsImpossible
08-29-2015, 01:33 PM
levitate

Walk on water.

djjimkelly
08-29-2015, 01:39 PM
if he has 2 drives lead a drive for a td

The Jokeman
08-29-2015, 05:33 PM
if he has 2 drives lead a drive for a td

Sorry to disappoint you, he only had 3 and likely won't be starting.

sudzy
08-30-2015, 09:15 AM
levitate

It would have been funny if you had said, Loan me the Trillion dollars I owe Victor.