PDA

View Full Version : EJ lays CLAIM!!!

djjimkelly
08-29-2015, 07:03 PM
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/buffalo-bills-beat-pittsburgh-steelers-ej-manuel-michael-vick-082915

not my words :)

Novacane
08-29-2015, 07:39 PM
Ej or TT. Just no Cassel please!

YardRat
08-29-2015, 07:42 PM
The biggest news in that link... Bills WR Marquise Goodwin (http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/marquise-goodwin-player) is out indefinitely with broken ribs

djjimkelly
08-29-2015, 07:44 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Buffalo_Bills_wide_receiver_Tobais_Palmer_37yard_TD_rec/e0e9b90d-ff32-4101-a62c-91d3396ad2e7

Novacane
08-29-2015, 07:45 PM
To bad. He was looking good. It's starting to look like he'll never stay healthy.

Meathead
08-29-2015, 07:46 PM
guess we will find out next year since hes probably going to ir

The Natrix
08-29-2015, 07:52 PM
EJ had a few nice throws today but it took me awhile to notice one other positive to his game:

A lot of the time when he misses, he misses so badly, that the DB doesn't even have a chance to get an INT.

djjimkelly
08-29-2015, 07:57 PM
EJ had a few nice throws today but it took me awhile to notice one other positive to his game:

A lot of the time when he misses, he misses so badly, that the DB doesn't even have a chance to get an INT.

so that was one miss tonight.

justasportsfan
08-29-2015, 07:58 PM
I'm worried about Carpenter reverting to what he was when he was a gay shark, I mean a dolphin.

TacklingDummy
08-29-2015, 09:41 PM
There's been no bigger EJ doubter than me.
EJ earned the right to start Week 1 with his stellar play during the preseason games.

TacklingDummy
08-29-2015, 09:44 PM
EJ is the 4th rated passer in the preseason.
He also leads the league in TD passes.

TacklingDummy
08-29-2015, 09:46 PM
The 3 QBs ahead of him in passing yards have also thrown the ball 30, 50, and 79 more times than EJ.

Turf
08-29-2015, 10:36 PM
Cassell to date has played 4 series in three games. EJ stepped it up tonight. Possibly Tyrod, EJ, Cassell third or cut.

Jimkelly12203
08-29-2015, 11:11 PM
TT should be the guy. Cassel is hard to dismiss because he's a sure thing even if he is horribly mediocre he's going to lead the offense competently.

As for EJ. I'm just too damn intrigued at this point to be even remotely close to letting him go. He has clearly improved. Substantially!!!

I'm still to scared of him doing something dumb, but if this is my team he is going nowhere. He stays. He's my #2 and (if he can keep improving at this rate) quite possibly my franchise guy down the line.

I belive EJ is still too prone to doing stupid **** with ball placement and ball control. But absolutely none of that was on display against the Steelers. He was awesome. He must stay.

feldspar
08-29-2015, 11:14 PM
I just wish that I'd have watched the game before coming online and reading what all the asswipes have to say. LOL, major spoilers all around, and it's all my fault. I even know the score.

Of course, I recorded the game with the intention of watching it later. I'll still watch it, though.

Just could not help myself, I guess.

Mr. Pink
08-29-2015, 11:27 PM
He should be the starting QB week 1.

Dr. Who
08-30-2015, 08:09 AM
I wanted to see what would happen with EJ with genuine, quality NFL coaching.
He always had the physical tools, work ethic, and character to succeed.
Almost everyone who "supported" EJ hoped he would develop given time and proficient coaching. No one could know this, of course.
Yet just for that, many who "knew" EJ was just destined to be awful called those who hoped idiots. I am glad for EJ and the Buffalo Bills.
I am also intrigued by Tyrod. We have two young qbs that offer hope. I think EJ can become a prototypical franchise qb and I hope he starts.

At minimum, I think one has to admire his persistence in the face of widespread doubt and criticism.
It's simply small-minded and indicative of a bitter soul not to acknowledge noticeable and significant improvement.

emoulds80
08-30-2015, 03:49 PM
EJ always had the raw talent to have success. size, arm, mobility, leadership qualities, tough, quick release, his mind just needed time to catch up to the nfl complexities of facing a nfl defense. its not ga tech out there...

i think he has improved but i simply cant say he " gets it" yet until i see him during the regular season and starts to perform at a consistent level, im talking about comebacks, big 3rd down conversions, tight throws in the face of pressure etc. i guess well see. i personally love tt. i think he could be special... jmo

GreedoII
08-31-2015, 05:18 AM
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/buffalo-bills-beat-pittsburgh-steelers-ej-manuel-michael-vick-082915

not my words :)

lol...enjoy watching him hold the clip board man....

Victor7
08-31-2015, 08:28 AM
Some game EJ had. He's more than earned his spot on this team.

I still don't think he's earned the starting role. As good as he looked that was just part of one game. There's plenty of tape of him looking like **** in real games and of course the long training camp in which he was painfully behind the other 2 lads. Good for EJ to earn his shot though. He certainly played waaay better than I thought he would.