PDA

View Full Version : Not having seen the game, my thoughts

Mace
08-29-2015, 07:16 PM
I have to throw my opinions out there, I can't control myself.

I think we can all agree they did some things well, and some things not so well. Some players made some plays and others just didn't. Some players made some plays, then didn't. Some even didn't then did. You have to wonder about a few calls, though some were right on, and the injuries were unfortunate, while it's good more people weren't injured, especially some of them. You had to be impressed by some and disappointed with others as the game progressed.

You had to like some things, and wonder about others. Plenty of work to do for next week, but in some areas they're sharp. It was a great effort, lacking sometimes, but heartening because you thought things would turn out worse but turned out better, if disappointing once in a while because of the circumstances where you figured things would turn out better and they ended up worse.

The staff looked in control out there, even when the unexpected happened to give the appearance of surprise and they made the wrong decisions. I can chalk that off to preseason but wonder if it happens during the season.

At the least, we're looking at another week of prep before the W's and L's count, and that can only mean another week of practicing and roster decisions.

All in all, it ended 43-19 which is better than 19-43, so we're all on the same page.

Night Train
08-29-2015, 07:18 PM
So you watched " Friends " on Netflix ?

Mace
08-29-2015, 07:22 PM
So you watched " Friends " on Netflix ?

I wish.

YardRat
08-29-2015, 07:36 PM
The offensive play-calling was too predictable. I knew on every first, second and third down they were either going to run or pass, before the ball was even snapped.

Mace
08-29-2015, 09:13 PM
Oh no, someone negative repped me for a crap thread ! Glad I wasted a couple minutes of your time. Hope you wasted another 30 seconds reading this. You'll never ever have it back again lil Buckaroo, I took it. I snicker at you.

Fixxxer
08-29-2015, 09:24 PM
Thanks for the recap, something tells me you played the sport before, am I right?

Mace
08-30-2015, 05:03 PM
Thanks for the recap, something tells me you played the sport before, am I right?

I don't like to brag, but I played it twice, yes. Good eye.

feldspar
08-30-2015, 05:48 PM
I have to throw my opinions out there, I can't control myself.

I think we can all agree they did some things well, and some things not so well. Some players made some plays and others just didn't. Some players made some plays, then didn't. Some even didn't then did. You have to wonder about a few calls, though some were right on, and the injuries were unfortunate, while it's good more people weren't injured, especially some of them. You had to be impressed by some and disappointed with others as the game progressed.

You had to like some things, and wonder about others. Plenty of work to do for next week, but in some areas they're sharp. It was a great effort, lacking sometimes, but heartening because you thought things would turn out worse but turned out better, if disappointing once in a while because of the circumstances where you figured things would turn out better and they ended up worse.

The staff looked in control out there, even when the unexpected happened to give the appearance of surprise and they made the wrong decisions. I can chalk that off to preseason but wonder if it happens during the season.

At the least, we're looking at another week of prep before the W's and L's count, and that can only mean another week of practicing and roster decisions.

All in all, it ended 43-19 which is better than 19-43, so we're all on the same page.

LOL, I SAW the game, and these are exactly my thoughts as well.

PromoTheRobot
08-30-2015, 10:12 PM
The offensive play-calling was too predictable. I knew on every first, second and third down they were either going to run or pass, before the ball was even snapped.

And they kept scoring touchdowns. How are you supposed to run a ball control offense when you keep scoring touchdowns. This has to stop.