PDA

View Full Version : Tyrod Taylor will be named the starter...

HHURRICANE
08-30-2015, 08:54 AM
If you are a coach you'd be hard pressed to see a QB do a better job of delivering the ball than Tyrod. He sat in the pocket and made NFL throws last night. They interviewed Cassel in the hallway and asked about the QB competition and he whined that he's only had 4 series in pre-season. Does that sound like a guy who thinks he deserves to be the starter?

I think Tyrod not only plays like an NFL QB but he has the swagger which he demonstrated after his TD. I think he expects to be the starter.

Rex wanted him, I've been told he was set up to have every chance to win it, and I think he has.

Don't get me wrong there is a lot of risk here but this guy can play and I think the coaches are going to start him.

djjimkelly
08-30-2015, 09:39 AM
id still go with EJ.

but im in the anyone but cassel camp for now

K-Gun
08-30-2015, 10:03 AM
id still go with EJ.

No way, EJ is erratic and has the propensity to throw the game away with horrible mistakes. Sure when he makes big plays they're big. But his mo is to be hot short in spurts and then cold over long spells. Add the killer mistake to the mix and there's no way he's the guy over Taylor. Taylor seems to have the field intelligence and poise that Manuel struggles with.

BillsImpossible
08-30-2015, 10:10 AM
id still go with EJ.

EJ has the better stats in preseason. In 3 games he is 20/30 (67%) for 358 yards, 4 TD's and zero picks.

Tyrod Taylor's stats aren't as good on paper. In 3 games he is 24/31 (77%) for 236 yards, 0 TD's and zero picks with 1 rushing TD, and 11 runs for 108 yards.

Statistics can be deceiving. On paper, EJ wins.

BUT

In 3 preseason games, EJ Manuel has made more than a couple of, "horrible," throws. He was awful in the first preseason game.

In 3 preseason games, I have not seen Tyrod Taylor make a single, "horrible," throw. He has been the more consistent player.

In the end, I think the decision will ultimately come down to one thing.

Accuracy.

Skooby
08-30-2015, 10:12 AM
I agree.

baalworship
08-30-2015, 10:41 AM
EJ is close but right now TT has the edge due his better pocket presence and ability to escape the blitz. TT also opens up running game as teams will have to account for TT's running. Tell EJ he almost won the job but to be ready to go in the game if TT gets hurt.

TacklingDummy
08-30-2015, 06:13 PM
EJ has the edge because he has actually thrown a TD pass, 4 of them.

Thurmal
08-30-2015, 06:54 PM
I think you gotta go with Tyrod. Three scores on three drives yesterday, poise in the pocket, plus the running ability. Teams are going to have to drop LBs back to protect against him taking off, which will lessen the pass rush and open up running lanes for RBs.

Mr. Pink
08-30-2015, 07:09 PM
EJ should be the starter.

The only place that Taylor has outplayed him is taking off and running.

X-Era
08-30-2015, 08:06 PM
If you are a coach you'd be hard pressed to see a QB do a better job of delivering the ball than Tyrod. He sat in the pocket and made NFL throws last night. They interviewed Cassel in the hallway and asked about the QB competition and he whined that he's only had 4 series in pre-season. Does that sound like a guy who thinks he deserves to be the starter?

I think Tyrod not only plays like an NFL QB but he has the swagger which he demonstrated after his TD. I think he expects to be the starter.

Rex wanted him, I've been told he was set up to have every chance to win it, and I think he has.

Don't get me wrong there is a lot of risk here but this guy can play and I think the coaches are going to start him.He has yet to show me he's a reliable down field thrower. Furthermore, he hasn't thrown a single TD.

I'm fine with going that route but I can't say it doesn't come without risk.

My worry is that Tyrod will dink and dunk and then not score. Also that our WR threats will not be fully utilized.

Woodman
08-30-2015, 08:23 PM
Tyrod Taylor hands down.

T.N.T. Baby!!!!!

baalworship
08-30-2015, 08:26 PM
Tyrod has thrown TD's that were dropped in the pre-season. He has also thrown well throwing the most commonly thrown NFL passes with nice touch and velocity from the pocket.

GreedoII
08-31-2015, 05:18 AM
Cassell will be named the starter but you will see a lot of Taylor too. it will be a 2 QB system for a bit to keep teams guessing week to week. It was the plan all along I think. Cassell may start but Taylor may finish at times

HHURRICANE
08-31-2015, 10:02 AM
He was named the starter!

TacklingDummy
09-01-2015, 04:15 AM
EJ should be the starter.

The only place that Taylor has outplayed him is taking off and running.

So another words he can't read a defense.