PDA

View Full Version : All NFL Players Are Getting RFID Chips This Season

BillsImpossible
08-30-2015, 01:03 PM
So why not the pigskin too? This issue has been mentioned before, but now it's actually happening.

I'm sure nano-chips exist that weigh practically nothing and would have zero effect on the football itself.

I do not think it is right to have a chip in every players shoulder pads and not have a chip in the football too.

It's so contradictory. Just like the NFL saying it would cost too much to install cameras at the goal lines of each endzone.

This is like using the latest technology to track and trace the bullets but not using the same technology to track and trace the gun.

http://www.wired.com/2015/08/nfl-players-getting-rfid-chips-season/?mbid=synd_mozilla

Last year, the NFL tested out Zebra Technologies MotionWorks RFID (http://www.si.com/edge/2015/03/05/nfl-player-tracking-technology-new-orleans-saints) system in 18 stadiums to track vector data: A player’s speed, distance, and direction traveled during each game in real-time.

This season, that wireless tracking technology will be embedded in every NFL player’s shoulder pads, and viewers at home can see all that data come to life in the redesigned NFL 2015 app for Xbox One and Windows 10.
Within the app, there’s a feature called Next Gen Stats that turns each player into an digital avatar for a “Next Gen Replay.”

Mace
08-30-2015, 05:09 PM
So why not the pigskin too? This issue has been mentioned before, but now it's actually happening.

I'm sure nano-chips exist that weigh practically nothing and would have zero effect on the football itself.

I do not think it is right to have a chip in every players shoulder pads and not have a chip in the football too.

It's so contradictory. Just like the NFL saying it would cost too much to install cameras at the goal lines of each endzone.

You know, that's a good question. It would pretty much end TD controversy, 1st Down controversy and ball placement issues.