PDA

View Full Version : Looks like the Bills have their #1 QB

ckg927
08-31-2015, 09:30 AM
Jay Glazer just tweeted that it's...

Tyrod Taylor.

Further tweet: Jay notes that even though it was an open competition in camp, the coaches have liked Taylor since the start.

BillsOwnAll
08-31-2015, 09:32 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/31/bills-going-with-tyrod-taylor-as-their-starting-quarterback/

IlluminatusUIUC
08-31-2015, 09:36 AM
I'll be honest, I had absolutely no faith in this kid and assumed he was a gadget player - Rex's new Brad Smith. He had a really good pre-season though and I am excited to see what he can do.

ct bills fan
08-31-2015, 09:42 AM
He was outstanding in the preseason, though it is the preseason. Pundits will say no td's passes. I say, look at all the tight 3rd down throws he made and look at the drives he had that led to rushing td's. This was the no-brain decision. Interesting thing now is, if they cut cassel and save the 4.15m under the cap (roll it to next year).

Novacane
08-31-2015, 09:43 AM
Glad it wasn't Cassel. I couldn't handle that on top of the Freddie news.

Victor7
08-31-2015, 09:45 AM
I also thought it was going to be MC but Taylor more than earned it. Good luck to him.

Anyone else see the obviousness in "leaking" this on the same day Fred gets cut ?

Too obvious Whaley. Too damn obvious. Now go **** a goat you ******.

Jimkelly12203
08-31-2015, 09:45 AM
Screw them. They've wanted to cut Fred since we started hearing rumors months ago. Naming TT the starter on the same day they cut Fred was pre-planned damage control. And it won't work. ***** Whaley and Bryce Brown.

bdutton
08-31-2015, 09:48 AM
Wow... look at the comments:

60,000 thousand fans signed up to see an irrelevant team end the season in 60 seconds with this decision. Thank God I’m a Redskin fan. #RGIIIWannabe
There’s no hope at all for this 2nd rate team and 6th rate town.
Wide right, you lose again.

This just in, Rex has apparently learned nothing.
Rex picking a QB is like a blind person judging a beauty pageant.

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Is it April 1st?
With the first overall pick in the 2016 Draft the Bills select Quaterback…….

Dumpster fire!

gebobs
08-31-2015, 09:52 AM
I'll be honest, I had absolutely no faith in this kid and assumed he was a gadget player - Rex's new Brad Smith. He had a really good pre-season though and I am excited to see what he can do.

Thought the same too and for Cassel's part, figured he was the kind of pocket passer/game manager that would sync well with Shady.

Cassel showed little. Tyrod was impressive. EJ was impressive at times, less so at others (e.g. the 4th down toss into the dirt). I would have no problem going T-Mobile/EJ/Simms.

starrymessenger
08-31-2015, 10:04 AM
I know he has zero NFL starts and the real deal is not like preseason, but I think Tyrod's gonna be good, maybe even really good.

HHURRICANE
08-31-2015, 10:04 AM
I'm now thinking Cassel will get cut. If they are willing to cut Fred Jackson I don't think any decision is off the table.

LVGrown
08-31-2015, 10:13 AM
I'm now thinking Cassel will get cut. If they are willing to cut Fred Jackson I don't think any decision is off the table.

Agreed, I am comfortable with Taylor, Manuel and Simn on the PS incase a 3rd is needed.

notacon
08-31-2015, 10:15 AM

60,000 thousand fans signed up to see an irrelevant team end the season in 60 seconds with this decision. Thank God I’m a Redskin fan. #RGIIIWannabe

Dumpster fire!

Who cares what they think?

The proof will be the regular season. I think this was a wise decision on Rex's part. He has little to lose since the "dependable" (but woeful boring 8-8) QB is still on the bench.

Like I said in another thread, I expect the see all three QB's start several games this season via injury or lackluster play...or even just for a change up, depending on the opponent.

For the first time in a long time, I trust this head coach to do what's best for the team and winning games.

Go Tryod, GO!!!

Mike
08-31-2015, 10:23 AM

Try to restructure Cassel to 1.6M or cut him.

Night Train
08-31-2015, 10:26 AM
We're batting .500 today.

ckg927
08-31-2015, 11:02 AM

Dumpster fire!

Shouldn't the first sentence read "Wow, look at the idiots! Who let THEM breed"?

Buffalogic
08-31-2015, 11:13 AM
Good for him. Hopefully it works out for us.

Edward Robinson
08-31-2015, 11:54 AM
Thought the same too and for Cassel's part, figured he was the kind of pocket passer/game manager that would sync well with Shady.

Cassel showed little. Tyrod was impressive. EJ was impressive at times, less so at others (e.g. the 4th down toss into the dirt). I would have no problem going T-Mobile/EJ/Simms.

That 4th down pass into the dirt was tipped at the line

HHURRICANE
08-31-2015, 12:03 PM
I'll take Joe Flacco's opinion over a Redskin's fan whose team is in utter chaos right now:

Per the Baltimore Sun:

Taylor was a popular member of the Ravens locker room, and his former teammates will likely be very happy for him to get an opportunity.

“I think he’s going to do great," quarterback Joe Flacco said. "I think he’s a great athlete, a great quarterback. I’m happy for him. He deserves it. I’ve been waiting for them to name him the starter for at least a week now. I’m really, really happy for him. He’s going to do a great job up there. They have a great team and he’s going to help them get to where they want to be.”

ghz in pittsburgh
08-31-2015, 12:06 PM
The question is "can he throw a TD pass?" How many teams in NFL history have more rushing TDs than passing TDs.?

Ed
08-31-2015, 12:16 PM
I'll take Joe Flacco's opinion over a Redskin's fan whose team is in utter chaos right now:

Per the Baltimore Sun:

Taylor was a popular member of the Ravens locker room, and his former teammates will likely be very happy for him to get an opportunity.

“I think he’s going to do great," quarterback Joe Flacco said. "I think he’s a great athlete, a great quarterback. I’m happy for him. He deserves it. I’ve been waiting for them to name him the starter for at least a week now. I’m really, really happy for him. He’s going to do a great job up there. They have a great team and he’s going to help them get to where they want to be.”
Lee Evans played with Tyrod for a year in Baltimore and basically said the same thing. I heard an interview a little while back with Tim Graham and he said that Lee Evans thought Tyrod legitimately had all the tools to be a franchise qb. I'll always take praise from teammates with a grain of salt, but the guy definitely seems to be well liked by everyone that's been around him. Gary Kubiak really wanted him here in Denver too. If Manning weren't here, there's a good chance Tyrod could have been the starting qb of the Broncos this year.

YardRat
08-31-2015, 12:23 PM
So Jay Glazer is BillsImpossible?

HHURRICANE
08-31-2015, 01:12 PM
Lee Evans played with Tyrod for a year in Baltimore and basically said the same thing. I heard an interview a little while back with Tim Graham and he said that Lee Evans thought Tyrod legitimately had all the tools to be a franchise qb. I'll always take praise from teammates with a grain of salt, but the guy definitely seems to be well liked by everyone that's been around him. Gary Kubiak really wanted him here in Denver too. If Manning weren't here, there's a good chance Tyrod could have been the starting qb of the Broncos this year.

Awesome. I hadn't heard that about Lee Evans.

Joe Flacco could have easily left it at "he's a good guy and good for him." The fact that he went out of his way to put the stamp of approval on him is pretty impressive. I'm really stoked. The local news that I have been reading has made the comments that the Bills finally made a decision to win instead of trying not to lose.

starrymessenger
08-31-2015, 01:52 PM
Awesome. I hadn't heard that about Lee Evans.

Joe Flacco could have easily left it at "he's a good guy and good for him." The fact that he went out of his way to put the stamp of approval on him is pretty impressive. I'm really stoked. The local news that I have been reading has made the comments that the Bills finally made a decision to win instead of trying not to lose.
I'm really looking forward to seeing what Tyrod can do. He looks like a very cool customer to me. One thing I've noticed is that players, including former players who are now talking heads, are very positive about Tyrod's chances. The desk jockeys not so much. I give more credibility to the players. A lot more.

Meathead
08-31-2015, 01:54 PM
see i told you

one billion pcent tyrod starts

jamze132
08-31-2015, 02:12 PM
I'm glad he gets first crack at it!

feldspar
08-31-2015, 02:35 PM
see i told you

one billion pcent tyrod starts

LOL, sure you did.

I did too. ;)

I'm alright with it. Makes things pretty interesting, in fact.

Night Train
08-31-2015, 03:50 PM
What it did was legitimize the supposed competition. The fear all along was it was all an act and the job was just being handed to Cassel.

Many in the media were convinced of this and couldn't move away from that belief.

BillsImpossible
08-31-2015, 05:45 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/76RrdwElnTU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Jokeman
08-31-2015, 06:00 PM
Try to restructure Cassel to 1.6M or cut him.

The only way that happens is if we sign Cassel to an extension as his contract is over after this season.