PDA

View Full Version : RGIII might get cut. Any interest?

Ed
08-31-2015, 12:34 PM
Well the Skins have officially named Kirk Cousin their starter and it's being reported that the coaching staff and front office are done with RGIII and want him gone. It's also been reported that there have been some trade discussions with at least a few teams, but no interest because of his contract.

Mr. Cynical
08-31-2015, 12:34 PM
No. Hell no.

Pinkerton Security
08-31-2015, 12:41 PM
Its a tough call - theres no doubt the guy has talent, but he cannot stay healthy whatsoever. Might be bad luck but at this point I cant blame it on luck, hes been hurt A LOT

Ed
08-31-2015, 12:45 PM
Its a tough call - theres no doubt the guy has talent, but he cannot stay healthy whatsoever. Might be bad luck but at this point I cant blame it on luck, hes been hurt A LOT
I really expected RGIII to bounce back and have always been pretty intrigued by him, but I've definitely soured on him lately. And I'm feeling better and better about our qb situation too. What bothers me most about RGIII is the fact that he doesn't seem to be very well liked by his team. You can't really be a successful qb and leader if your teammates don't respect you.

djjimkelly
08-31-2015, 12:49 PM
no interest at all

OpIv37
08-31-2015, 12:50 PM
We have 3 qb's on the roster who are better than him. So, no.

Rumor is that Snyder is interfering and won't let the FO ditch him. I thought Ralph was bad with the meddling but Snyder somehow thinks he can run football operations despite failing at it for nearly two decades.

Ed
08-31-2015, 12:53 PM

Rumor is that Snyder is interfering and won't let the FO ditch him. I thought Ralph was bad with the meddling but Snyder somehow thinks he can run football operations despite failing at it for nearly two decades.
I don't think any owner has ever come close to Snyder when it comes to meddling.

SpikedLemonade
08-31-2015, 12:53 PM
If he is cut, sure why not? Nobody will trade for him with that contract.

If it is going to be an offense requiring a mobile QB, then cut Cassel and go with EJ and RGIII backing up TT.

Victor7
08-31-2015, 12:55 PM
Not at this point. Had it been earlier on sure. Right now all 3 of our guys have played well. No need to bring in a 4th for distraction.

SPG
08-31-2015, 02:01 PM
https://thisistwitchy.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/screen-shot-2014-10-13-at-4-51-17-pm.png?w=300

Ingtar33
08-31-2015, 02:10 PM

it's not luck; it's lack of vision. The kid just doesn't see the field well (actually he watches the passrush too much). On the play he got the concussion there were 3 skins open underneath the whole play, RG3 was too busy watching the pass-rush and scrambling into it, to see them open and get rid of the ball to the right place.

besides, RG3 is the best QB in the league. he said it himself. he'll probably be asking for 20mil per season to sign.

IlluminatusUIUC
08-31-2015, 02:13 PM
The kids is a total enigma to me. He struggled so badly but his coaches and ol have also been garbage so it's hard to tell where the blame should lie. I wouldnt say no to him as a development project over Cassel.

Meathead
08-31-2015, 02:25 PM
idk why you had to call him a colon cleanser but in a fantasy world where we got anybody we wanted as our qb3 id say he wouldnt be too bad

jamze132
08-31-2015, 02:31 PM
Tyrod Taylor appears to be a better version of RGIII. As long as Taylor learns how to slide, he should be ok.

Mr. Miyagi
08-31-2015, 02:46 PM
WOW.

This coming from Op, either our QBs have really impressed him or RGIII really sucks that bad.

Hopefully the former.

Or he just got laid and is in a fantastic mood.

WagonCircler
08-31-2015, 02:56 PM
Tyrod Taylor appears to be a better version of RGIII. As long as Taylor learns how to slide, he should be ok.

You can't say that yet. Tyrod could be every bit as injury prone as RGIII. He hasn't really played at all in the regular season.

From what I've read, injuries aren't even RGIII's biggest problem. It's work ethic.

Bill Cody
08-31-2015, 02:58 PM
It's amazing how far he's fallen. That 1st year he was amazing. Now he just totally blows. He's life and death to be better than Jeff Tuel at this point.

BillsOwnAll
08-31-2015, 03:00 PM
Does anyone know how this behind the scene paperwork works. When someone is cut. Who calls who or fills out what paperwork. I would love to see then cut him and not tell synder. Just think of the movie that would make if they won the super bowl

Victor7
08-31-2015, 03:05 PM
You can't say that yet. Tyrod could be every bit as injury prone as RGIII. He hasn't really played at all in the regular season.

From what I've read, injuries aren't even RGIII's biggest problem. It's work ethic.

Brian Billick twitted something to that extent. That its not just a change of scenery he needs. He said he needed a change of attitude towards coaching.

OpIv37
08-31-2015, 03:11 PM
WOW.

This coming from Op, either our QBs have really impressed him or RGIII really sucks that bad.

Hopefully the former.

Or he just got laid and is in a fantastic mood.

Our QB's are looking better than I thought but rg3 really is that bad. I have a lot of friends who are Redskins fans and I still spend a lot of time in the DC area so I'm somewhat familiar with the situation. He still locks on his #1 and he watches the rush instead of the play downfield. Pure waste.

Ed
08-31-2015, 03:25 PM
If he is cut, sure why not? Nobody will trade for him with that contract.

If it is going to be an offense requiring a mobile QB, then cut Cassel and go with EJ and RGIII backing up TT.
That was my initial thought. He's obviously very similar to TT and I think working with a coach like Roman could do him a lot of good, but is he humble enough to accept a #2 or #3 role in a small market like Buffalo, behind a guy that hasn't even started a game before? I mean we're talking about a guy that was a top draft pick and the face of a high profile organization. A guy with endorsement deals and thought of as a future superstar. Would he be wiling to take a lot less money to go to Buffalo, work hard, and be a good teammate? It doesn't sound like a situation that he would embrace at all.

Night Train
08-31-2015, 03:42 PM
He'll get a legit shot to compete somewhere but I seriously doubt it will be here. I think we settled our QB situation for now. Probably will revisit this position next off-season.

RGIII needs to mend and ready himself for 2016.

X-Era
08-31-2015, 04:02 PM
The Freddy move may be to add some cap space. I think we may shop the cuts. RG3 could be one we look hard at.

Albany,n.y.
08-31-2015, 09:24 PM
I don't think any owner has ever come close to Snyder when it comes to meddling.

Think again. Dallas General Manager Jerry Jones.

Turf
08-31-2015, 09:36 PM
At least I won't have to hear the stupid acronym of a name again, RGBdun.

OpIv37
08-31-2015, 09:51 PM
At least I won't have to hear the stupid acronym of a name again, RGBdun.

When the Skins first drafted RG3, their backup was Rex Grossman. The local joke was "The Skins have 2 QB's: RG3 and RG3 and out."

Well, the new RG3 and out.... Is RG3.

Luisito23
08-31-2015, 09:58 PM
:lmao:

Mace
08-31-2015, 10:19 PM
I'd say no, He's become terrible and unwilling to believe it, bringing a huge price tag and huge ego. He was heading for great, got hurt (blame him and Shanny), and worked himself to being bad and escared.

Basically needs a change of scenery to be bad and get hurt someplace else, I'd rather it was Cleveland.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-01-2015, 05:27 AM
To me, the old school of sitting rookie QBs for at least a year no matter where you are drafted is not like so much media has been say, outdated. Only the once in a generation type, like Manning, Luck belong to that category. So many things can happen and change you when you are NOT ready for the rigor of NFL and everything that comes with NFL, success or failure, at this most glamour position.

trapezeus
09-01-2015, 07:05 AM
RGIII should go to a team like seattle or new england. where he really doesn't play at all. gets healthy once and for all, and learns a system that works and is fairly stable.

that would be best for his career, but i am sure there is a team that wants him from the marketability standpoint. Look at us! we picked up a former #1. That used to be the bills mantra from 2006-2013.

there is also a team or two who really thinks he got the raw end of the deal and can work with him. and that will be a real frustration. because without really losing everything, i don't think RGIII will ever look at his own fundamentals and say, "these are the things i need to change"

going to a legit superbowl team who doesn't need him and can put him in his place is just the medicine and time he needs.

Bill Cody
09-01-2015, 08:27 AM
I don't think he's capable of playing anything other than the read option. Jay Gruden's offense requires the QB to play from the pocket and see the entire field. RG3 can't do either. The skins have a bad OL but there are rumors several of the Olmen on the skins don't like him, maybe because he makes them look bad idk. He's a locker room cancer and my guess is the minute he's cleared to play he'll be cut. If he's still on the roster on 3/1/2016 the skins owe him 16 large. That'll happen when pigs fly.

djjimkelly
09-01-2015, 08:35 AM
what is subway gonna do first jared now RG3 and out lol

trapezeus
09-01-2015, 11:48 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/rg3-s-potential-stops-after-redskin-exit--4-bad-fits--1-ideal-landing-spot-024536909.html

Thought this was a good article about how there needs to be a lot of things going for RGIII to succeed. And they note KC as being the ideal spot. hard to argue.

swiper
09-01-2015, 11:53 AM

Worse than the Madden curse.

OpIv37
09-01-2015, 12:15 PM

Don't forget Michael Phelps with his pot and DUI.
Bellicheck found stand to drop a few pounds. Hey, Subway, turning the Jared diet into the Billy B diet seems like great publicity to me....

starrymessenger
09-01-2015, 02:53 PM
Not what we're used to it but the Bills are a team where every roster spot is worth it's weight in gold. There is absolutely no room on the Bills roster for a guy like RG3. And once you accept that in reality he has no upside his impact could only be negative anyway. I don't think he has a future in football.