I'm not convinced Bryce, Karlos and certainly not Dix see this hole/make this cutback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oaf
    Do you read what you write?
    • Jun 2007

I'm not convinced Bryce, Karlos and certainly not Dix see this hole/make this cutback

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Speed be damned, I don't see how losing FJ's pass protection, unique patience and vision as a runner makes this team better in 2015. 2016 it's possible, due to increased development for the younger backs. But this move should've been made next March or at least this March.

• Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Re: I'm not convinced Bryce, Karlos and certainly not Dix see this hole/make this cut

Yeah they would have. Did you hear FJ's post game PC? He himself said referring to the reporters that any of you guys could of run through that huge hole.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
      Peterman Sucks!
      • Mar 2006

Re: I'm not convinced Bryce, Karlos and certainly not Dix see this hole/make this cut

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
      Yeah they would have. Did you hear FJ's post game PC? He himself said referring to the reporters that any of you guys could of run through that huge hole.
      Well he was wrong because Trent Richardson sure as hell wouldn't have seen that hole.

Comment

• The Jokeman
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Oaf View Post
        http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201508...628&tab=videos

Speed be damned, I don't see how losing FJ's pass protection, unique patience and vision as a runner makes this team better in 2015. 2016 it's possible, due to increased development for the younger backs. But this move should've been made next March or at least this March.
        Teams like the Steelers, Patriots, Eagles etc. always seem to do things right as they let guys go the year they're finished than a year too late, it might possible the Bills are starting to learn this. It's hard letting go of a great guy like Fred but he's past his prime and better turn the page sooner than later.
        Last edited by The Jokeman; 08-31-2015, 04:36 PM.

Comment

• Oaf
          • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
          I did actually, but he's always been one to give credit to teammates first. Watching the run, I see a fairly narrow hole and then classic Fred lateral ability to cut back left. No doubt the others would've gotten yards, but I don't see them having the patience or vision to see that second-level cut (yet, of course).

Comment

• cookie G
            • Mar 2003

I did actually, but he's always been one to give credit to teammates first. Watching the run, I see a fairly narrow hole and then classic Fred lateral ability to cut back left. No doubt the others would've gotten yards, but I don't see them having the patience or vision to see that second-level cut (yet, of course).
            Well that's where the vision comes in..he cut back from over the right tackle to the left side of the field, seeing the way the LB's were being blocked and that Easley was taking out the DB. After hitting the hole, many would have kept going straight for a 7-10 yard gain, I think.

Comment

• Oaf
              • Jun 2007

Originally posted by cookie G View Post
              Well that's where the vision comes in..he cut back from over the right tackle to the left side of the field, seeing the way the LB's were being blocked and that Easley was taking out the DB. After hitting the hole, many would have kept going straight for a 7-10 yard gain, I think.
              That's exactly what I think. Not that it's a bad thing, but I see Karlos and co shoot straight through to the SS for a 10-15 yarder. It'll be tough to see us without that craftiness and willpower this year.

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
              Teams like the Steelers, Patriots, Eagles etc. always seem to do things right as they let guys go the year they're finished than a year too late, it might possible the Bills are starting to learn this. It's hard letting go of a great guy like Fred but he's past his prime and better turn the page sooner than later.
              Good post.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                Maybe?
                • Oct 2003

That's exactly what I think. Not that it's a bad thing, but I see Karlos and co shoot straight through to the SS for a 10-15 yarder. It'll be tough to see us without that craftiness and willpower this year.

Good post.
                10000% agree. He may not have the burst or top end of the younger guys, sure...but if you burst into a defender, so what? FredEx has great vision and is CLUTCH. He isn't an RB1 and maybe not a RB2 (just maybe)....but for DAMN sure he could be an RB3 for critical downs. Need 3 yards? FredEx delivers. Need pass protection in a pinch? FredEx delivers.

That and his leadership should have netted him one final year as a Bill. The more I see this the more I'm getting p***d off again. smfh.
                Last edited by Mr. Cynical; 08-31-2015, 06:31 PM.

Comment

• Jry44
                  • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical View Post
                  10000% agree. He may not have the burst or top end of the younger guys, sure...but if you burst into a defender, so what? FredEx has great vision and is CLUTCH. He isn't an RB1 and maybe not a RB2 (just maybe)....but for DAMN sure he could be an RB3 for critical downs. Need 3 yards? FredEx delivers. Need pass protection in a pinch? FredEx delivers.

That and his leadership should have netted him one final year as a Bill. The more I see this the more I'm getting p***d off again. smfh.
                  If you're planning on making a team as a 3rd back, you better hope that you can play special teams. Williams and Dixon thrive there while Fred didn't play there.

I get that it sucks and it's hard to imagine this team without him, but as another poster mentioned above, maybe it was just time. To me it was noticeable last season that he was losing his speed and explosiveness, and he was getting dinged up more often. It's hard to see since Fred gave us everything he had for so long, but it's a business. We all love players with heart which Fred has, however if you're building a team you can't let your heart get in the way of your eyes and your mind.

Comment

• Oaf
                    • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical View Post
                    Need 3 yards? FredEx delivers. Need pass protection in a pinch? FredEx delivers.
                    Hell, need a WR with our top 50 guys dinged? How many times has he caught the ball 3 yards past the LOS on a 3rd and 8 and fought his way to the sticks?

This move makes sense if we're thinking long-term. But if we're thinking win-now? Rex himself said we are not a better team without FJ today.

Comment

Working...
                    X