• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topas
    German smartass
    • Feb 2014

Still feeling numb - roll call #22

I am still shocked. Freddy cut.

I understand that this is a business and that Brown might overcome his fumblitis and that cutting him is dangerous because after this last year that we could have gotten out of Freddy we would have been in the market for a RB again. So it is better to keep Brown and hope.
    At least this is what my head tries to tell my heart.

I think the petition is a joke. It will never work. But I think there is one thing we can do.
    Everybody wears a Freddy jersey for the 1st home game of the Bills. And I understand that not everybody wants to buy an outdated jersey (if you dont have one already), but then wear a white T-Shirt and write 22 on it. Imagine, how awesome would it be to have a stadium full of #22.

Disclaimer, I live in Germany and will not attend the first home game of the Bills. But I will attend the game in London when the Bills demolish Morone's O-Line. And I will for sure wear a #22 jersey then.
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Re: Still feeling numb - roll call #22

It would have been great to have Fred part of this team. On the other side maybe to have a captain of the team that never has been to the playoffs was actually a negative.

Changing culture requires change. I hope Fred joins a team and makes the playoffs.

Comment

• Topas
      German smartass
      • Feb 2014

Are you kidding me. Having a captain that was never in the playoffs would be a negative. You mean Fred brings a losing culture with him?
      You are kidding right. He would have kicked everybodies ass to get into the playoffs. And since we have a new thug policy (if you got into trouble with the police we will sign you), it would have been very important having him on the team. I am all for giving a few guys a second chance. But if you sign dozen of these guys and get rid of your leaders, you might get into trouble.
      Having Fred Jackson on the team would have been a negative locker room-wise.
      I understand the on-filed reasons for cutting him (well kind of). But mentioning locker room reasons is ridiculous.
      Honestly ...

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

it seems like bills fans either see this as nomar leaving the redsox or a fresh new curse that is about to be put on us.

i get the decision to some extent. if fred got hurt during the season and lesean was down, we really would be short depthwise. if he doesn't get hurt during the season, we'll look like genius for keeping the cupboard stocked.

what i don't like is that lesean isn't 100% yes for the opener still, Karlos is coming of emergency surgery and brown is a fumbler. If we have to rely on bryce brown at all for a long stretch (2+ games), it will be a constant heart attack waiting to happen.

Comment

• Meathead
          Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
          • Jul 2002

there are therapies for both pro and anti-keep freddy mindsets

heres my lets move on therapist

and heres your lets keep freddie therapist

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• streetkings01
            • Jul 2006

Chargers cut LT , Jags cut MJD, 49ers cut Gore........all those guys meant just as much to their team or more then FJax did to the Bills and the fanbase got over it.........some of you guys need to as well.
            You can call me streetkings

Comment

• Victor7
              • Jul 2013

If Shady goes down with an injury and/or Brown fumbles another win like last year we'll be regretting this decision.

I still can't come to terms how Rex and Whaley think Brown or Boobie bring more to the team than FJ

Comment

• Aggie
                • Aug 2015

Would have been easier to take had he not played Saturday. They should have cut him before that game. Would have been easier to buy too old and broke down and over the hill had we not just seen him bust a huge run where he out ran every young shipper snapper on the field.

Comment

• casdhf
                  • Jul 2002

They weren't cut after camp/
                  Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                  cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Everybody is dispensable. Montana, Thurman, Manning, Bruce, Vilfork. When it's time, it's time. Embrace the memories but don't try to hold on to the past.

LOVE YOU FREDDY #22

I'll wear his jersey in his honor but not in sadness.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE View Post
                      On the other side maybe to have a captain of the team that never has been to the playoffs was actually a negative.

Changing culture requires change. I hope Fred joins a team and makes the playoffs.
                      does this mean we need to cut Kyle Williams and don't re-sign Dareus? That doesn't make sense. It wasn't because of FJ that we didn't make playoffs. He's been the bright thing through those years.
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• EDS
                        • Jan 2003

Fred Jackson is the kind of person I want to support and I wish the Bills organization recognized that value. I was hoping he would play this season in Buffalo and then transition to a front-office role. He is a positive role model and deserved the change to remain a part of the Buffalo community.

Comment

• Jry44
                          • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Victor7 View Post
                          If Shady goes down with an injury and/or Brown fumbles another win like last year we'll be regretting this decision.

I still can't come to terms how Rex and Whaley think Brown or Boobie bring more to the team than FJ
                          Brown will get cut, and Boobie and Karlos Williams play special teams. It's that simple.

It's obvious that Karlos Williams passed Freddy on the depth chart. There aren't too many 3rd backs on a roster in the league thatdon't contribute on special teams. It blows because Fred has meant so much to this team for so long, but unfortunately he's at the age where speed and explosiveness decline. It was very obvious last season that he was hitting a wall.

And furthermore, getting Dareus, Bradham, Glenn, and Gilmore signed are more important moves than keeping a declining, 3rd rb that doesn't play special teams on your roster.

Comment

• Gibby
                            • Jun 2006

I understand its a business, but I ABSOLUTELY HATE this decision. However, there are two things that can fairly quickly make me forgive and forget this error:

1) A playoff season, no I am not just talking about getting to the playoffs, I am talking about a Royals or Shockers type playoff Run where we go very deep into 2016.

2) We give Dareus a long term deal

Otherwise, I will say this is completely stupid. I was looking forward to a McCoy and Jackson 1-2 punch like we had when we had Thurman and Kenny D.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
                            there are therapies for both pro and anti-keep freddy mindsets

heres my lets move on therapist

Wait, Fred who?

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                              Peterman Sucks!
                              • Mar 2006

I congratulate him for finally getting out of football hell.

Go get yourself a ring because it wasn't gonna happen here in the limited time he has left to play.

Not to mention this organization tried to replace him for years at RB, even though throughout his 9 years here, he was the best back on the roster.

Comment

Working...
                              X