PDA

View Full Version : I subscribe to the theory ofreleasing guys one year too early than one year too late

ghz in pittsburgh
09-01-2015, 08:42 AM
And Whaley should've witnessed that practice many times while in Pittsburgh.

The Bills are quickly becoming a team with top heavy salary structure that there is no room for middle class any more. Big money guys, Mario, Hughes, Kyle, Eric, Aaron, Clay, McCoy are expected to carry the load.

Unfortunately, Jackson falls into the category of good but not good enough to carry the load in his position while making too much money. You can see the Bills analytics department is at work here.

Viewing the team from a higher, and longer term stand, I have no doubt that it is the right decision. Heartless be damned.

For other Bills long time fan favorite, Eric Wood should take notice - if his performance continue to slide like last year. Kyle Williams, could very well be next year's Jackson if they detect any signs of decline while they gear to pay Marcell + Rex's 3-4 based scheme.

GreedoII
09-01-2015, 09:07 AM
This will be Kyle Williams last stand I do believe. Wood? Depends if the can replace him. Center is tough to find.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-01-2015, 09:17 AM
They extend Kyle last year for one year.

HHURRICANE
09-01-2015, 09:19 AM
I 100% agree. Picketing and signing petitions online is beyond assinine. If you have that much time on your hands go work in a soup kitchen and do something really meaningful.

Keeping Fred a year longer and losing a future star is dumb. There are teams that will be snatching up players as it stands when we cut to 53.

I wonder how all these fans would feel if Freddy gets a hammy in week 2 and was out for 4 weeks.

This was a good move. The mistake the Bills made was listening to the fans in March when they should have cut him.

EDS
09-01-2015, 11:14 AM
Do you really think there is something Dixon can do in 2015 that FJ can't? I don't. Dixon is not a future star.

Dixon is easily replaceable from a talent and product standpoint. FJ can match him in talent and production and also is not easily replaced as a team leader, member of the Buffalo community or person.

Jry44
09-01-2015, 11:17 AM
Do you really think there is something Dixon can do in 2015 that FJ can't? I don't. Dixon is not a future star.

Dixon is easily replaceable from a talent and product standpoint. FJ can match him in talent and production and also is not easily replaced as a team leader, member of the Buffalo community or person.

Block punts and cover kicks.....

trapezeus
09-01-2015, 11:47 AM
the FJ cut will all come down to his durability. If we kept him and he had a 4-6 week injury and lesean went down, it would be desperate times on this board. if mccoy went down and FJ was able to be who he was 2 years ago, that'd be incredible. but its more likely than not given his last 2-3 years of injuries that he'd get some nicks and need time off.

you see that seattle, a team that essentially won the superbowl, is interested. teams that are expected to be in the final game can go for the proven vet to add a little something for the final win. They aren't building. they are built and need the cherry on top.

Teams still building can't take that risk. and to the original post and to hurricane's point, that leaves Fred on the outside.

All that being said, he's a class act and was a lot of fun to have.

Oaf
09-01-2015, 01:12 PM
Should've asked a pay cut if it was a money issue?

Jimkelly12203
09-01-2015, 01:16 PM
I think the OP is dead on. I can see why it happened. But I think for me (and many others) Fred Jackson is different. He should have been allowed to play out his deal with a parting of ways after this season. Im sure I could find enough worthless salary to cut in the final 53 (when its out). Those other players you mention (Wood, Williams) are real close, but not quite Fred. You'll still see Fred Jackson jerseys at the stadium 20 years from now.

justasportsfan
09-01-2015, 01:32 PM
I agree with the original thought except that we let FJ go and kept Dixon?

Generalissimus Gibby
09-01-2015, 03:03 PM
I have exactly two words that explain adequately why no Bills fan should ever subscribe to this theory. Those words? PAT WILLIAMS

Remember Pat? Donahue and Mularkey said he's too old. So a Defense that was finally on the way back to dominance took a huge step back and all we got was lots of crap from Tim the Tiny Pizza Man