PDA

View Full Version : Don't get Too Excited - All of Our QB's Still Suck

notacon
09-01-2015, 08:43 AM
Paint me happy that Matt Cassel did not get the starting nod. He's so similar to Orton and would lead the Bills to nowheresville. Boring football, dink and dunk, 5 yard passes on third and 10, punt after punt and FG's being seen as a moral victory is the surest way to continue being a laughingstock of the NFL and continue the 15 year curse.

EJ Manuel is still a puzzle. Strong arm and physical attributes abound, but, until these past few meaningless exhibition games he seemed scared ****less out there...afraid to make a mistake which made him mistake prone. A lot of the blame goes on the Marrone crowd that was the gang who could not hit the side of a barn. I really think Marrone was the worst coach the Bills have ever seen, and we've had our share of ****ty coaches.

Tyron seems exciting....but...during meaningless exhibition games with vanilla defenses and no game plans against him, it's going to be a whole different ball game once the season starts. A sixth round draft pick means he would have to be that one in a thousand exception in performing better than every scout and GM in the NFL missed.

Not likely.

The amount of QB busts drafted in the first round is enough to make your head spin. The number of middling starters coming from after the third round is almost nonexistent. There's a reason for that. Oh...BTW...Cassel was drafted in the 7th round.

The Bills are STILL in the same position with QB's that everyone in the league knows is true...we suck at QB.

Yes, I have the usual Bills fan early season optimism (what else do we have?) and sincerely hope that Tyrod has some hidden gift that will manifest itself in a magical run toward the playoffs.

But, the realism side of me knows that, until shown otherwise, the Bills QB's suck and the team will probably struggle to challenge for a playoff spot.

Joe Fo Sho
09-01-2015, 08:46 AM
Alright, I'll stop looking forward to this season. Sorry I was so excited, my bad.

djjimkelly
09-01-2015, 08:47 AM
i agree with almost of this and will hope for the best

GO BILLS

notacon
09-01-2015, 08:50 AM
Alright, I'll stop looking forward to this season. Sorry I was so excited, my bad.

Well, that's your choice.

I've always been excited for the season...and each and every game. Even during the depths of 1 win seasons.

Bill Cody
09-01-2015, 08:51 AM
Ok it's true Aaron Rodgers isn't walking through that door. But this strikes me as an odd killjoy troll thread. "Let me inoculate you all against feeling even a hint of optimism because we're all doomed, head to the storm cellar and lock the door". For Bills fans this is the best part of the year. Hope is still alive. And the fact is all have eyeballs and both Tierod and EJ have played well in preseason. So go away with this. Bills are still tied for 1st place.

Joe Fo Sho
09-01-2015, 08:55 AM

I've always been excited for the season...and each and every game. Even during the depths of 1 win seasons.

I've always been excited for the season

Don't get Too Excited - All of Our QB's Still Suck

So we can be excited, just not too excited? I'm just trying to figure out the allowable level of excitement considering the ability of our quarterbacks.

SpikedLemonade
09-01-2015, 09:06 AM
Our QB position is the weakest position on our team, but still it is an improvement over last year.

We have also improved our RB, WR and TE positions.

Our coaching has also improved.

I doubt we make the play-offs but it will be very very close.

Topas
09-01-2015, 09:15 AM
I think we will make the playoffs, but it will be very very close.

psubills62
09-01-2015, 09:17 AM
Are you saying there is a 1/1000 chance that Taylor can outplay a 6th round draft grade even slightly?

notacon
09-01-2015, 09:21 AM
Ok it's true Aaron Rodgers isn't walking through that door. But this strikes me as an odd killjoy troll thread. "Let me inoculate you all against feeling even a hint of optimism because we're all doomed, head to the storm cellar and lock the door". For Bills fans this is the best part of the year. Hope is still alive. And the fact is all have eyeballs and both Tierod and EJ have played well in preseason. So go away with this. Bills are still tied for 1st place.

""Let me inoculate you all against feeling even a hint of optimism because we're all doomed, head to the storm cellar and lock the door"...uhhhhhh....no.

If you feel that way....that's your business.

This thread is just an infusion of reality. If you can't accept the truth, then just go away, don't read the thread....and happily hum along that "everything is ok".

Don't get all pissed off when the obvious comes to fruition. You've been warned.

HHURRICANE
09-01-2015, 09:23 AM
To be honest, and based on his teammates as well as the fans in Baltimore, no one is surprised that Taylor is the starter. I couldn't find a fan that said he sucked. The general consesus was he would be a starter but not with the Ravens scheme, and obviously Flacco ahead of him.

notacon
09-01-2015, 09:24 AM
So we can be excited, just not too excited? I'm just trying to figure out the allowable level of excitement considering the ability of our quarterbacks.

Well, actually, you can get as "excited" as you want.

Again, I am not "allowing" anything, nor am I limiting anything....that's all on you.

Maybe I'm just the realist that will save you much emotional draining from being on the roller coaster of unrealistic expectations. Accept or reject...I really don't give a ****.

notacon
09-01-2015, 09:27 AM
Our QB position is the weakest position on our team, but still it is an improvement over last year.

We have also improved our RB, WR and TE positions.

Our coaching has also improved.

I doubt we make the play-offs but it will be very very close.

I'm most excited by the improved coaching. Very realistic to think that this is the most accomplished, quality HC the Bills have ever had. Ralph Wilson (may he rest in peace) never gave his coaches much thought....or money.

I believe that Rex will be worth at least 3 wins....which will probably be THE difference in making the playoffs. His skill will hopefully hide the fact that our QB's suck.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you saying there is a 1/1000 chance that Taylor can outplay a 6th round draft grade even slightly?

Silly post.

sukie
09-01-2015, 09:30 AM
7-9... 8-8 with help.

Too many imporvements made in the division. I still have the Pats either winning the division or coming in second. The Bills , Fins, and Jets built defenses to beat NE which means they all will beat each other up. I don't see more than 3 ins in the division.... leaning toward less.

I am glad Cassel isn't starting. We know where journeymen QBs get us like Notacon said. I'd rather go with the unknown and hope for a surprise.

Without a passing threat deeper than 7 yards... we won't be able to run on decent to good defenses.

This is going to be a tough year with many close losses.

It will be yet another year of moral victories and impressive D stats but in the end... no playoff stress to warry about.

UNLESS THERE IS A SURPRISE.

notacon
09-01-2015, 09:36 AM
To be honest, and based on his teammates as well as the fans in Baltimore, no one is surprised that Taylor is the starter. I couldn't find a fan that said he sucked. The general consesus was he would be a starter but not with the Ravens scheme, and obviously Flacco ahead of him.

Well....maybe you could not "find a fan that said he sucked" because he hardly played in any regular season games.

And, "sucked" is an expression. To me it means 'below the average performance level of NFL starting QB's.

In todays NFL it is very, very, very difficult to win when your QB's are performing well below the average NFL starting QB as Orton did last year.

Until proven otherwise, all three of the Bills QB's are 'well below the average performance level of starting NFL QB's.'

I will be using the Total QBR (http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr) because its the most accurate and realistic rating of QB performance.

- - - Updated - - -

7-9... 8-8 with help.

Too many imporvements made in the division. I still have the Pats either winning the division or coming in second. The Bills , Fins, and Jets built defenses to beat NE which means they all will beat each other up. I don't see more than 3 ins in the division.... leaning toward less.

I am glad Cassel isn't starting. We know where journeymen QBs get us like Notacon said. I'd rather go with the unknown and hope for a surprise.

Without a passing threat deeper than 7 yards... we won't be able to run on decent to good defenses.

This is going to be a tough year with many close losses.

It will be yet another year of moral victories and impressive D stats but in the end... no playoff stress to warry about.

UNLESS THERE IS A SURPRISE.

+1

Night Train
09-01-2015, 09:40 AM
The sun will NEVER shine.

Just wanted everyone to take my word on it.

Aggie
09-01-2015, 09:42 AM
Reading this thread made me realize I was too excited for this season. I just drove a nail into my left testicle which definitely helped dull my excitement for this season. Thank you for this thread.

Goobylal
09-01-2015, 09:43 AM
Well....maybe you could not "find a fan that said he sucked" because he hardly played in any regular season games.

And, "sucked" is an expression. To me it means 'below the average performance level of NFL starting QB's.

In todays NFL it is very, very, very difficult to win when your QB's are performing well below the average NFL starting QB as Orton did last year.

Until proven otherwise, all three of the Bills QB's are 'well below the average performance level of starting NFL QB's.'

I will be using the Total QBR (http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr) because its the most accurate and realistic rating of QB performance.
I agree Orton was below average, but the team still won 9 games with worse talent and coaching. And while Taylor is largely unproven, his running ability will strain defenses. But he did show some impressive accuracy on his throws.

Joe Fo Sho
09-01-2015, 09:49 AM
Well, actually, you can get as "excited" as you want.

Thanks! I'll just ignore the thread title then.

Again, I am not "allowing" anything, nor am I limiting anything....that's all on you.

Phew..that's a relief. I'll set my excitement level back to what it was this morning.

Maybe I'm just the realist that will save you much emotional draining from being on the roller coaster of unrealistic expectations. Accept or reject...I really don't give a ****.

Actually, you do give a ****. In fact, you give enough of a **** to start an entire thread to let people know that they are going to be let down this year if they are too excited about our QB play.

I mean, I appreciate that you're trying save me 'much emotional draining from being on the roller coaster of unrealistic expectations,' but c'mon...we're all Bills fans. We completely understand what it's like to be let down and are able to cope with it...it's kind of what we do.

Pinkerton Security
09-01-2015, 10:00 AM
DONT TELL ME HOW TO LIVE MY LIFE!!!

k-oneputt
09-01-2015, 10:04 AM
Point in case why you don't let the lead lib into the football section.

Victor7
09-01-2015, 10:16 AM
There are valid reasons to be on both sides of the "excitement" equation.

Our coaching is better, our defense should continue to be stellar, we have tons of play makers on offense, our OL is massively improved and so on

Then again as much as our QB's played above expectations. Which is something we can all agree on they are still huge question marks. Pre season is not a measure of success so as exciting as it was to see all 3 guys look like seasoned pros we really don't know what's gonna happen when the real bullets start flying. Our depth on defense at LB and CB is laughable to say the least. Ditto for the OL aside from Urbik.

Rex is gonna have to do a great job coaching and maximize the talent on this team. He's also gonna have to be very smart about the QB situation. My guess is no matter who's behind center that person is gonna be on a short leash. And we are also gonna need a lot of luck (injury wise)

justasportsfan
09-01-2015, 10:34 AM
Please don't jump Noty!!!!!!!!
Make sure the noose is securely wrapped around your neck first and then proceed. :up:

bdutton
09-01-2015, 10:43 AM
Paint me happy that Matt Cassel did not get the starting nod. He's so similar to Orton and would lead the Bills to nowheresville. Boring football, dink and dunk, 5 yard passes on third and 10, punt after punt and FG's being seen as a moral victory is the surest way to continue being a laughingstock of the NFL and continue the 15 year curse.

EJ Manuel is still a puzzle. Strong arm and physical attributes abound, but, until these past few meaningless exhibition games he seemed scared ****less out there...afraid to make a mistake which made him mistake prone. A lot of the blame goes on the Marrone crowd that was the gang who could not hit the side of a barn. I really think Marrone was the worst coach the Bills have ever seen, and we've had our share of ****ty coaches.

Tyron seems exciting....but...during meaningless exhibition games with vanilla defenses and no game plans against him, it's going to be a whole different ball game once the season starts. A sixth round draft pick means he would have to be that one in a thousand exception in performing better than every scout and GM in the NFL missed.

Not likely.

The amount of QB busts drafted in the first round is enough to make your head spin. The number of middling starters coming from after the third round is almost nonexistent. There's a reason for that. Oh...BTW...Cassel was drafted in the 7th round.

The Bills are STILL in the same position with QB's that everyone in the league knows is true...we suck at QB.

Yes, I have the usual Bills fan early season optimism (what else do we have?) and sincerely hope that Tyrod has some hidden gift that will manifest itself in a magical run toward the playoffs.

But, the realism side of me knows that, until shown otherwise, the Bills QB's suck and the team will probably struggle to challenge for a playoff spot.
Why the **** do you have to post the most depressing ****. We have three QB's that have played extremely well all throughout the preseason and while that may not amount to much in your dark little world, it means a lot to true Bills Fans.

Keep your glass half empty posts in the Spin Zone from now on.

sahlensguy
09-01-2015, 10:53 AM
"All of our the qbs suck". Really? We don't know if Tyron does or doesn't yet. Nice try though.

swiper
09-01-2015, 10:53 AM

I don't know how anyone can get psyched up for a season in which your head coach is really just a defensive coordinator and he named a running back as starting QB.

swiper
09-01-2015, 10:55 AM
And cut the one player that everyone (fan, coach, player) looked up to after he ripped off a beautiful cut-back 40+ yard run against the Pittsburgh Steelers starting defense.

Yeah. Same old OBD. Pegula pulls another Ville Leino by hiring Ryan.

gebobs
09-01-2015, 10:56 AM

I heard someone say he might be the next Joe Montana.

Oh wait, right. That was Trent. ;-)

Joe Fo Sho
09-01-2015, 10:59 AM
I don't know how anyone can get psyched up for a season in which your head coach is really just a defensive coordinator and he named a running back as starting QB.

Yeah, this team clearly has nothing else to be psyched for...literally nothing.

Bill Cody
09-01-2015, 11:05 AM
""Let me inoculate you all against feeling even a hint of optimism because we're all doomed, head to the storm cellar and lock the door"...uhhhhhh....no.

If you feel that way....that's your business.

This thread is just an infusion of reality. If you can't accept the truth, then just go away, don't read the thread....and happily hum along that "everything is ok".

Don't get all pissed off when the obvious comes to fruition. You've been warned.

Thanks but this thread is merely an infusion of your opinion. The season hasn't even started, that's the reality. Your warning is very thoughtful though. It's like telling your mom you just met a girl that you think could be the one and her saying "I know the family, she'll probably give you the clap".

But I do like your idea about the humming, any ideas for a melody?

swiper
09-01-2015, 11:06 AM
Our coaching is better

ROFLMAO. ummm. NO. Not unless he bests 9-7.

swiper
09-01-2015, 11:07 AM
Yeah, this team clearly has nothing else to be psyched for...literally nothing.

LOL. Ok. When they start losing games, like Rex always does, we can call you Jo Fo Idunno.

Bill Cody
09-01-2015, 11:09 AM

Sounds hopeless. Well I'm sure there are going to be a ton of members that are going to miss your sparkling insights this year. Be sure to check back down the line after Rex gets fired, hear?

feldspar
09-01-2015, 11:09 AM

Ah, the old "infusion of reality" trick, eh?

Thanks for the enlightenment, but the reality is that nobody really knows how Tyrod Taylor will play in a real NFL game. Nobody has seen that before. What you call reality, I call opinion, speculation, and projection. THAT'S reality.

Now, the numbers say that most quarterbacks don't pan out in the NFL, so "the odds" are on your side. From the standpoint of chance or probability, you have more of a chance to come back and tell everybody " I told you so," when really your opinion was not based on any kind of real knowledge.

Bill Cody
09-01-2015, 11:12 AM

http:/jungle.jaguars.com

toodles!

swiper
09-01-2015, 11:12 AM
Sounds hopeless. Well I'm sure there are going to be a ton of members that are going to miss your sparkling insights this year. Be sure to check back down the line after Rex gets fired, hear?

Weren't you the one that just said the season hasn't even started yet? Yep. That was you. Some idiot giving Bill Cody a bad name. LOL. Don't shoot yourself in the eye kid.

Albany,n.y.
09-01-2015, 11:13 AM
The fact that a 6th round QB is now in his 5th NFL season & has never been waived shows he's already exceeded his 6th round status.

Here are 2 late round QBs who were waived & put on practice squads and didn't have bad careers: Matt Hasselbeck & Mark Bulger. Both were backups before they were starters.

Pinkerton Security
09-01-2015, 11:15 AM
LOL. Ok. When they start losing games, like Rex always does, we can call you Jo Fo Idunno.

you didnt actually respond to his post though...not surprising for a troll.

Also, that was the worst slam ive ever seen. ever.

Victor7
09-01-2015, 11:16 AM

Its not just Rex vs Douglas

Its the whole package. I think Roman alone makes it worthy.

Last year's 9-7 has a meaningless win vs the Pats backups and is mostly in thanks to Jim Schwartz and his defense.

gebobs
09-01-2015, 11:16 AM

Um...yes. Sexy Rexy has forgotten more about football than Morone will ever know.

swiper
09-01-2015, 11:19 AM
Um...yes. Sexy Rexy has forgotten more about football than Morone will ever know.'

Ummm. No.

http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/20464/in-choosing-tyrod-taylor-rex-ryan-is-again-being-rex

gebobs
09-01-2015, 11:22 AM
'

Ummm. No.

http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/20464/in-choosing-tyrod-taylor-rex-ryan-is-again-being-rex

He could name Tyrod the kicker and that still wouldn't elevate that farking jackalope Marrone one centimeter. Marrone is the worst coach we've had probably since Harvey Johnson.

Joe Fo Sho
09-01-2015, 11:28 AM

Every coach ever loses games, guy. Besides, to think that this team has nothing to be excited about is complete ignorance. Being excited for the season also doesn't mean that you automatically think they are Superbowl contenders, there is a middle ground.

Nice burn on my name, though. I'll see if maybe I can get a mod to edit my username because of how clever that was. One question though, did you spell Joe wrong on purpose or was that just something so clever that I missed something? If it was another burn, I'm sure it was a good one and I owe you some kudos.

ct bills fan
09-01-2015, 11:36 AM
Yeah 6th rounders never amount to anything - Oh...wait Tom Brady was taken in the 6th round, Romo was a FA, as was Warner. He had better than 6th rd talent, but, (a) his agent screwed up his pre-draft workout and (b) teams were a bit torn on whether or not to make him a WR (like Ronald Curry).

Bill Cody
09-01-2015, 12:20 PM
Weren't you the one that just said the season hasn't even started yet? Yep. That was you. Some idiot giving Bill Cody a bad name. LOL. Don't shoot yourself in the eye kid.

Yep that was me. Just pointing out if you feel that way there's no need for you to log on or watch the games, why put yourself through it? It will be a struggle of course but we'll try to carry on without you. I've heard the Jags are loaded, solved their QB issue and they have the best OL coach in the league. AND the Jungle is looking for new members. Best of luck!

Goobylal
09-01-2015, 12:29 PM
And cut the one player that everyone (fan, coach, player) looked up to after he ripped off a beautiful cut-back 40+ yard run against the Pittsburgh Steelers starting defense.

Yeah. Same old OBD. Pegula pulls another Ville Leino by hiring Ryan.
I loved Freddie, but his time is coming to a close and the Bills have young and promising RB's on the roster. And he said that anyone could have run through the hole the OL opened.

Or the Raiders.

CommissarSpartacus
09-01-2015, 12:43 PM
The Bills will go 16 - 0. TT is the new Russell Wilson. Bills win the Superbowl. Tom Brady retires. Bills dominate for next 4 years, Win 5 SBs in a row.

That's my prediction.

Anyone that expects the Bills to lose a game isn't a real Bills fan.

notacon
09-01-2015, 12:51 PM
The sun will NEVER shine.

Just wanted everyone to take my word on it.

Well...living in Buffalo, that's not a very tough prediction to make.

Reading this thread made me realize I was too excited for this season. I just drove a nail into my left testicle which definitely helped dull my excitement for this season. Thank you for this thread.

That must be sad for you.

Not me. I still expect my Bills to win every game. Just because I'm a realist does not mean my excitement is dulled. Certainly not as much as putting a nail in my testicle. BTW...how do you know how that feels??

notacon
09-01-2015, 12:53 PM
I agree Orton was below average, but the team still won 9 games with worse talent and coaching. And while Taylor is largely unproven, his running ability will strain defenses. But he did show some impressive accuracy on his throws.

I agree with what you write, EXCEPT the "9 wins". Counting that last game against the Pat's third stringers with zero on the line is not a "win". The Bills were a .500 team last year.

Joe Fo Sho
09-01-2015, 12:55 PM
Just because I'm a realist does not mean my excitement is dulled.

The title of this thread, which you created, disputes this statement that you just made. You're literally telling people to dull their excitement because, as a self proclaimed realist, you know that our QB situation is worse than most people are making it out to be.

Ridiculous.

Goobylal
09-01-2015, 12:56 PM
I agree with what you write, EXCEPT the "9 wins". Counting that last game against the Pat's third stringers with zero on the line is not a "win". The Bills were a .500 team last year.
Fair enough. Even with 8 wins, better coaching and talent can get a couple more wins and possibly playoffs.

notacon
09-01-2015, 12:56 PM
Point in case why you don't let the lead lib into the football section.

Please don't jump Noty!!!!!!!!
Make sure the noose is securely wrapped around your neck first and then proceed. :up:

Just because I regularly beat your asses into the ground on the Politics section of this site does not give you license to go whining like little babies all aver the place.

What happens on Politics section, stays on Politics section.

In any event, egging someone on to commit suicide is pretty perverse and revolting, huh? All because you don't have the intelligence to keep up with me when it comes to politics.

How sad for you.

Joe Fo Sho
09-01-2015, 12:57 PM

Terrible logic. If you don't count the Pats game as a win, you cannot count it as a loss either. The Bills were 8-7 then, which is above 0.500.

notacon
09-01-2015, 12:58 PM
There are valid reasons to be on both sides of the "excitement" equation.

Our coaching is better, our defense should continue to be stellar, we have tons of play makers on offense, our OL is massively improved and so on

Then again as much as our QB's played above expectations. Which is something we can all agree on they are still huge question marks. Pre season is not a measure of success so as exciting as it was to see all 3 guys look like seasoned pros we really don't know what's gonna happen when the real bullets start flying. Our depth on defense at LB and CB is laughable to say the least. Ditto for the OL aside from Urbik.

Rex is gonna have to do a great job coaching and maximize the talent on this team. He's also gonna have to be very smart about the QB situation. My guess is no matter who's behind center that person is gonna be on a short leash. And we are also gonna need a lot of luck (injury wise)

I'm plenty "excited"....just not going to get too far onto the "QB Bandwagon" that infects Bills fan all too much.

Whether our "defense should continue to be stellar, we have tons of play makers on offense, our OL is massively improved and so on" remains to be seen, although it's certainly a better bet to be excited about all of that rather than our QB's.

notacon
09-01-2015, 01:01 PM
Why the **** do you have to post the most depressing ****. We have three QB's that have played extremely well all throughout the preseason and while that may not amount to much in your dark little world, it means a lot to true Bills Fans.

Keep your glass half empty posts in the Spin Zone from now on.

You really think that my little tiny shot of realism is "the most depressing ****"?!?!? Really??? 15 years out of the playoffs is not "the most depressing ****"???

Not having a viable QB in 20 years is not "the most depressing ****"??? Having a long list of horrible head coaches is not "the most depressing ****"???

I think your values are more than a little twisted.

Oh....keep the Politics section in the politics section. Whining about me kicking your ass there is of no interest here.

notacon
09-01-2015, 01:03 PM
"All of our the qbs suck". Really? We don't know if Tyron does or doesn't yet. Nice try though.

You forgot the qualifier...."until shown otherwise...." That's cherry picking. Nice try though.

notacon
09-01-2015, 01:04 PM

I can.

But, this is the essence of my warning. I'm prepared for the worst, and hoping for the best. Not expecting anything, except an exciting brand of football. I hope.

notacon
09-01-2015, 01:07 PM
Thanks but this thread is merely an infusion of your opinion. The season hasn't even started, that's the reality. Your warning is very thoughtful though. It's like telling your mom you just met a girl that you think could be the one and her saying "I know the family, she'll probably give you the clap".

But I do like your idea about the humming, any ideas for a melody?

Oh please. This whole board is simply an "infusion of your (and my) opinion". This is my opinion. Dispute it if you want.

If anyone has been paying attention these last 15 years, my opinion is pretty grounded in realism. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than deeply disappointed. It's called "keeping your emotions in check".

notacon
09-01-2015, 01:12 PM
Ah, the old "infusion of reality" trick, eh?

Thanks for the enlightenment, but the reality is that nobody really knows how Tyrod Taylor will play in a real NFL game. Nobody has seen that before. What you call reality, I call opinion, speculation, and projection. THAT'S reality.

Now, the numbers say that most quarterbacks don't pan out in the NFL, so "the odds" are on your side. From the standpoint of chance or probability, you have more of a chance to come back and tell everybody " I told you so," when really your opinion was not based on any kind of real knowledge.

Jesus. This is no "trick". That's why it's called "reality check".

Of course it's an opinion. You are staying an opinion. We are ALL stating opinions. Why can't people just accept that it's my opinion and you state yours.

My opinion is that a sixth round pick who has hardly played a down in the regular season and has a style of play that is very, very difficult to succeed int he NFL today. Too much speed on the defense. Smart defensive coaches on the other side.

My opinion is slo that I support Rex's decision especially considering the alternative of Cassel. EJ is not in the equation right now, but I think even he would be better than Cassel.

I do not do this for the "I told you so" moment. Maybe you do....I don't know. Why can't we just enjoy the give and take and the opinion making that makes the weeks before the season so magical.

notacon
09-01-2015, 01:21 PM
The fact that a 6th round QB is now in his 5th NFL season & has never been waived shows he's already exceeded his 6th round status.

Here are 2 late round QBs who were waived & put on practice squads and didn't have bad careers: Matt Hasselbeck & Mark Bulger. Both were backups before they were starters.

Are you seriously using this as a metric to judge success??? That's he's never been waived???

I never said that there are NO examples of low round draft picks or non-drafted QB's succeeding in the NFL. But, run the numbers and check the facts.

Brady and Bulger were drafted in 2000....FIFTEEN YEARS AGO. Hasselbeck was drafted in 1998....EIGHTEEN YEARS AGO!!!

Three QB's in 18 YEARS. TWO HUNDRED and TWENTY TWO QB's have been drafted in that time. You site THREE. One is great, and two (in your own words) "didn't have bad careers".

You are making my argument for me.

notacon
09-01-2015, 01:24 PM
Yeah 6th rounders never amount to anything - Oh...wait Tom Brady was taken in the 6th round, Romo was a FA, as was Warner. He had better than 6th rd talent, but, (a) his agent screwed up his pre-draft workout and (b) teams were a bit torn on whether or not to make him a WR (like Ronald Curry).

See my post above. Bringing up Brady....the once in a couple of generations anomaly, means nothing.

Please....the numbers point to Tyrod being a nothing.

I'm going, against all hope, that Tyrod is one out of a couple of hundred that break the mold.

Bill Cody
09-01-2015, 01:25 PM
Oh please. This whole board is simply an "infusion of your (and my) opinion". This is my opinion. Dispute it if you want.

If anyone has been paying attention these last 15 years, my opinion is pretty grounded in realism. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than deeply disappointed. It's called "keeping your emotions in check".

lol. All Bills fans have plenty of experience with disappointment. Do you think we really need your help? BTW you sound like OP. "Things have sucked, there's no evidence yet that anything's any different, so things still suck, trust me, I'm always right". Sounds like an awesome fan experience, where do I sign up?

notacon
The title of this thread, which you created, disputes this statement that you just made. You're literally telling people to dull their excitement because, as a self proclaimed realist, you know that our QB situation is worse than most people are making it out to be.

Ridiculous.

Oh Jesus. It's a title of a thread. Are you seriously getting your little nose all out of joint of something as silly as the degree of excitement???

You have to get a life, man. Really.

bdutton
*cite*

justasportsfan
09-01-2015, 01:29 PM
Just because I regularly beat your asses into the ground on the Politics section of this site does not give you license to go whining like little babies all aver the place.

What happens on Politics section, stays on Politics section.

In any event, egging someone on to commit suicide is pretty perverse and revolting, huh? All because you don't have the intelligence to keep up with me when it comes to politics.

How sad for you.

:lolpoint: Noty - A Legend in his own mind :roflmao:

notacon
09-01-2015, 01:30 PM
Fair enough. Even with 8 wins, better coaching and talent can get a couple more wins and possibly playoffs.

Not that is something I can agree with!!

I've already said (I believe in another thread) that for the first time in a long time, I have trust in the head coach. I think that Rex brings at least 3 wins to the table just because of superior coaching. I'm also very confident (and, yes, EXCITED) that HE is the guy to bring along with Tyrod and EJ and have them playing at least average NFL QB'ing.

Those two things means the playoffs THIS year. With a tough churl and Brady with a chip on his shoulder, it's going to be very, very tough. If the Bills start the year out strong, there is no telling how many wins they will get.

There is an excellent chance they could go 7-0 before the bye. Not THAT would be something to get EXCITED about!!!

notacon
09-01-2015, 01:31 PM
Terrible logic. If you don't count the Pats game as a win, you cannot count it as a loss either. The Bills were 8-7 then, which is above 0.500.

Now you are nitpicking on fake wins and losses????

Jesus.

If it makes you feel better to count that ridiculous game as win last year...go ahead. God knows we don't want you to feel depressed.

notacon
09-01-2015, 01:35 PM
lol. All Bills fans have plenty of experience with disappointment. Do you think we really need your help? BTW you sound like OP. "Things have sucked, there's no evidence yet that anything's any different, so things still suck, trust me, I'm always right". Sounds like an awesome fan experience, where do I sign up?

After reading this site, and the Range for years....seems like typical Bills fans have never learned their lessons and constantly repeat history.

The level of "excitement" when Trent took over was palpable....and complete unfounded. Fitz was a bandaid and there were more than a few posters calling 'Super Bowl'. When Orton took over you'd think that we actually had star QB behind center.

I think the better statement is "All Bills fans have plenty of experience with unreasonable, uncontrollable and unfounded expectations that is usually been let down"

notacon
09-01-2015, 01:38 PM
:lolpoint: Noty - A Legend in his own mind :roflmao:

Wow. The little pictures are soooooooo cute. Suits you well since you post like a three year old.

Again, keep this little hissy fit on the Politics side. Encouraging someone to commit suicide is not something to be proud of.

gebobs
09-01-2015, 01:45 PM
I think the point is, if I may, it's all well and good to get excited about another season. Lord knows it's been a while since we've had a decent coach and there's every reason to expect that the defense will be elite again this year despite any "fool's gold".

But the quarterback situation is likely not substantially changed and the path to hell is littered with guys who have never started before that have great preseasons.

We've seen it before. Trent was the game manager with "pocket presence". Fitz was the gunslinger who would finally take the chances downfield that Trent wouldn't. EJ was the first #1 pick QB since Kelly that lit up the combines. Orton was the experienced starter that could make the clutch throws that EJ could not.

Hopeful yes, but realistic.

End the thread. Go Bills.

Joe Fo Sho
09-01-2015, 01:50 PM
Now you are nitpicking on fake wins and losses????

Jesus.

If it makes you feel better to count that ridiculous game as win last year...go ahead. God knows we don't want you to feel depressed.

Oh for christ's sake, YOU were the one nitpicking. I didn't bring up wins/losses until you cried about counting the Patriots game as a W.

Joe Fo Sho
09-01-2015, 01:53 PM
Oh Jesus. It's a title of a thread. Are you seriously getting your little nose all out of joint of something as silly as the degree of excitement???

You have to get a life, man. Really.

Just pointing out how you contradict yourself. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

Joe Fo Sho
09-01-2015, 01:55 PM
Again, keep this little hissy fit on the Politics side.

I feel like you're the only one bringing up the politics forum. Yet you keep crying that others can't keep the two forums separate.

Bill Cody
09-01-2015, 02:08 PM
After reading this site, and the Range for years....seems like typical Bills fans have never learned their lessons and constantly repeat history.

The level of "excitement" when Trent took over was palpable....and complete unfounded. Fitz was a bandaid and there were more than a few posters calling 'Super Bowl'. When Orton took over you'd think that we actually had star QB behind center.

I think the better statement is "All Bills fans have plenty of experience with unreasonable, uncontrollable and unfounded expectations that is usually been let down"

Some do, some don't. Personally I don't think being overly optimistic is such a bad thing. Hope is always more enjoyable than "realism", even false hope. Anyway, I haven't seen anyone and I mean anyone making wild predictions for this year or calling Tierod some kind of savior. So tell me again, what's the point of this thread?

notacon
09-01-2015, 02:10 PM
I feel like you're the only one bringing up the politics forum. Yet you keep crying that others can't keep the two forums separate.

Then you would be wrong. Two posters that don't agree with me from the Politics forum came here and alluded to that fact.

You seem particularly argumentative about just about everything.

Bill Cody
09-01-2015, 02:10 PM
Hopeful yes, but realistic.

End the thread. Go Bills.

Excellent! I for one feel much better now, thanks!

Joe Fo Sho
09-01-2015, 02:11 PM
Then you would be wrong. Two posters that don't agree with me from the Politics forum came here and alluded to that fact.

You seem particularly argumentative about just about everything.

I take my allowable amounts of excitement very seriously. Now you know that.

WagonCircler
09-01-2015, 02:12 PM
Then you would be wrong. Two posters that don't agree with me from the Politics forum came here and alluded to that fact. .

You've got it all wrong.

People don't like you because you're an *******.

feldspar
09-01-2015, 02:15 PM
Jesus. This is no "trick". That's why it's called "reality check".

Of course it's an opinion. You are staying an opinion. We are ALL stating opinions. Why can't people just accept that it's my opinion and you state yours.

My opinion is that a sixth round pick who has hardly played a down in the regular season and has a style of play that is very, very difficult to succeed int he NFL today. Too much speed on the defense. Smart defensive coaches on the other side.

My opinion is slo that I support Rex's decision especially considering the alternative of Cassel. EJ is not in the equation right now, but I think even he would be better than Cassel.

I do not do this for the "I told you so" moment. Maybe you do....I don't know. Why can't we just enjoy the give and take and the opinion making that makes the weeks before the season so magical.

Of course it's your opinion, but the way you phrase things is extremely off-putting a lot of times, which is why it seems you get the backlash you do when you engage others.

I don't even entirely disagree with you. Like I said in another thread, these preseason games haven't really changed my mind about any of the QBs. All three (sorry Simms) have looked better in the preseason than I thought they would, but that's to be taken with a grain of salt. I said we probably have three middle-of-the-road QBs at best.

Tyrod is the biggest wildcard of the three, obviously. I wouldn't go so far as to say he sucks just yet. There are at still tons of variables at play, which I won't get into just now. We'll learn more later.

notacon
09-01-2015, 02:17 PM
Some do, some don't. Personally I don't think being overly optimistic is such a bad thing. Hope is always more enjoyable than "realism", even false hope. Anyway, I haven't seen anyone and I mean anyone making wild predictions for this year or calling Tierod some kind of savior. So tell me again, what's the point of this thread?

The point of the thread is that unbridled optimism about our QB's is unwarranted considering the reality of the situation.

When I see the majority of thread subjects that populate this board, this one is not out of line. Hope is great but it does not win any games. I want to win. The only way to do that as fans is to keep the pressure up. Everyone knows that someone in the Bills front office reads these boards. It should be said that we Bills fans are not satisfied with 15 years of losing football.

It's called keeping the pressure on. If the FO thinks the fans will not revolt they make their decisions because of it. I'm pretty convinced that part of the decision about forgoing Cassel was based on the reaction from Bills fans.

I am NOT satisfied....and will NOT be satisfied until the Bills win a Super Bowl or at least show GREAT progress toward that goal. Playing not to lose is NOT progressing toward that goal.

THAT is what this thread is about.

justasportsfan
09-01-2015, 02:17 PM
Wow. The little pictures are soooooooo cute. Suits you well since you post like a three year old.

Again, keep this little hissy fit on the Politics side. Encouraging someone to commit suicide is not something to be proud of.

I never brought up politics kid. You did.

notacon
09-01-2015, 02:22 PM
Of course it's your opinion, but the way you phrase things is extremely off-putting a lot of times, which is why it seems you get the backlash you do when you engage others.

I don't even entirely disagree with you. Like I said in another thread, these preseason games haven't really changed my mind about any of the QBs. All three (sorry Simms) have looked better in the preseason than I thought they would, but that's to be taken with a grain of salt. I said we probably have three middle-of-the-road QBs at best.

Tyrod is the biggest wildcard of the three, obviously. I wouldn't go so far as to say he sucks just yet. There are at still tons of variables at play, which I won't get into just now. We'll learn more later.

Oh, so now I'm supposed to be worried about being "off-putting"?!?!? Seriously????? Do you read a great majority of the posts on this site...yes....the football side???

I rate at least 80% as being "off-putting". It's a waste of time to cite examples, but there are plenty that concern the QB situation that are downright offensive. Are you going to whine about those as well??

I'm not complaining about the "backlash"....Jesus...I enjoy it. The only thing I don't accept is a couple of posters bringing their animosity over from the Politics side, and one encouraging me to commit suicide. Isn't THAT "off-putting" enough for even a little scold from you?

Why don't you simply say that you agree with me.

notacon
09-01-2015, 02:25 PM
I never brought up politics kid. You did.

Jesus. You encourage me to commit suicide, and have been particularly argumentative in every single one of our exchanges that have ONLY taken place on the Politics side.

I didn't bring up "politics", rather I brought up where your bring your offensive display of childishness from.

feldspar
09-01-2015, 02:28 PM
Oh, so now I'm supposed to be worried about being "off-putting"?!?!? Seriously?????

Yes, seriously.

Those that want respect, give respect. That goes for anybody.

There is your reality check.

notacon
You've got it all wrong.

People don't like you because you're an *******.

Coming from you, I take it as compliment. I think your a ****ing ass swipe too.

I don't care if "people" don't like me. I'm not as shallow as you. It's funny that one of the most aggressively insulting posters whining about me. :rofl:

I suspect that not many posters like you either.

Wow.

justasportsfan
Jesus. You encourage me to commit suicide, and have been particularly argumentative in every single one of our exchanges that have ONLY taken place on the Politics side.

I didn't bring up "politics", rather I brought up where your bring your offensive display of childishness from.

it's a joke. I am not the only one to do that here when naysayers start creating the sky is falling threads.
So get a grip of yourself and stop being so sensitive like the liberal pansy that you are. "oooh justa is not PC"

notacon
09-01-2015, 02:30 PM
Yes, seriously.

I have shown nothing but "respect" on this thread. I'm that have been attacked. I don't whine about being attacked, but, suggested suicide I believe crosses the lone. I guess that being encouraged to commit suicide is a respectful act to you?

notacon
09-01-2015, 02:32 PM
it's a joke. I am not the only one to do that here when naysayers start creating the sky is falling threads.
So get a grip of yourself and stop being so sensitive like the liberal pansy that you are. "oooh justa is not PC"

From my experience with you, I don't believe you.

Suicide is a serious subject. Insult me another way. You have shown to be the pansy one....your panties get in a tight wad every time I kick your ass.

justasportsfan
09-01-2015, 02:34 PM
From my experience with you, I don't believe you.

Suicide is a serious subject. Insult me another way. You have shown to be the pansy one....your panties get in a tight wad every time I kick your ass.

I have shown nothing but "respect" on this thread. I'm that have been attacked. I don't whine about being attacked, but, suggested suicide I believe crosses the lone. I guess that being encouraged to commit suicide is a respectful act to you?

:limp:

So sensitive. Relax

notacon
09-01-2015, 02:34 PM
Yes, seriously.

Oh, I forgot. I don't think one thing I said is "off-putting". Why is it?? Opinions on the Bills QB's has been bantered around here all summer. I haven't said one thing that has not been said, in much starker and aggressive way, in many, many posts.

Mr. Pink
09-01-2015, 02:51 PM
They're still a .500 football team.

If Tyrod surprises in games that count maybe they can steal a couple more victories.

If he plays like Terrelle Pryor, they could lose a couple more games.

Realistically, they'll be between 7-9 and 9-7 which will net them approximately the 18th pick in the draft.

feldspar
09-01-2015, 02:55 PM
Oh, I forgot. I don't think one thing I said is "off-putting". Why is it?? Opinions on the Bills QB's has been bantered around here all summer. I haven't said one thing that has not been said, in much starker and aggressive way, in many, many posts.

Alright, whatever.

I'm just trying to give you some insight on why you are attacked sometimes...you seem smart enough to know already.

Dweebs abound in comment sections of just about anywhere you go on the Internet. Of course, most everyone with experience would agree with that statement, and then never consider that it's possible that THEY are the ones that are the dweebs. Like I say, if you say something like "most people are stupid," most people would agree...you should see the irony of that.

Typ0
09-01-2015, 03:42 PM
I think the playoff hunt for us is going to come down to the first two games. If we can beat the Colts and Patriots at home I can see us winning 10 or 11 games maybe even the division. These two games at the front of our schedule and at home is a huge opportunity that must be taken advantage of both for our record and the mentality of the team. The first couple weeks are prime to beat good late season teams. Both the Pats and Colts are not talking about playoffs they are talking about peaking at the end of the season to win the SB. There are things in place that give us the ability to get these wins that have been mentioned in this thread despite the QBs. I also think the QB position is a lot better this year than it was last year...maybe it's mediocre and at best average but we have mediocre and average depth as well and that is a huge difference. If we can get middle of the pack production from the QB position that's a serious competitive upgrade.

notacon
09-01-2015, 04:06 PM
Alright, whatever.

I'm just trying to give you some insight on why you are attacked sometimes...you seem smart enough to know already.

Dweebs abound in comment sections of just about anywhere you go on the Internet. Of course, most everyone with experience would agree with that statement, and then never consider that it's possible that THEY are the ones that are the dweebs. Like I say, if you say something like "most people are stupid," most people would agree...you should see the irony of that.

The reason why I'm "attacked" is usually from people that don't have a reasonable rebuttal and they just like being argumentative. We all do this from time to time. If you go back and read my first post, there is nothing disrespectful or insulting, or even very surprising or earth shattering. And it was not in any way unusually aggressive or harsh wording either. Maybe some people don't like the word "sucks" to describe our QB's, but, who in their right mind would say that that is not true?

I did not say they will always suck, or there was no chance to prove otherwise.

The attack birds will always be there no matter what. That is the nature of a bulletin board where every one's identity is secret. Does not bother me in the least, and I think every poster here comes to expect the spirited back and forth of an active and passionate fan base.

If one tries to single me out unjustly, I'm going to defend myself. If one attacks me over what I write on the Politics side, they should have the balls to come over there and do it, and have the good sense to leave those battles over there.

Gooby and I have very strong disagreements at the Politics side, but here, we carry on a much different conversation. That's the way it should be.

Now, if someone wants to refute the substance of my post...have at it. If you really think that we have better than average or even average NFL QB's, then they can make that argument.

I haven't seen any reasonable argument refuting the substance of what I wrote in the first post. The "Don't get to excited" is just an expression....not an order...not a dictate....not anything else but a saying.

It's pretty lame that I have to explain this stuff because most of the posters here are smart enough to realize it. Some just like to be argumentative no matter what is written.

notacon
09-01-2015, 04:08 PM
They're still a .500 football team.

If Tyrod surprises in games that count maybe they can steal a couple more victories.

If he plays like Terrelle Pryor, they could lose a couple more games.

Realistically, they'll be between 7-9 and 9-7 which will net them approximately the 18th pick in the draft.

I do think they will rise to above .500 mainly because Rex is at the helm. He knows how to get the most out of inexperienced QB's, and already has a very good defense to work with. Right now I'm expecting at least 10 solid wins. Maybe more.

notacon
09-01-2015, 04:10 PM
I think the playoff hunt for us is going to come down to the first two games. If we can beat the Colts and Patriots at home I can see us winning 10 or 11 games maybe even the division. These two games at the front of our schedule and at home is a huge opportunity that must be taken advantage of both for our record and the mentality of the team. The first couple weeks are prime to beat good late season teams. Both the Pats and Colts are not talking about playoffs they are talking about peaking at the end of the season to win the SB. There are things in place that give us the ability to get these wins that have been mentioned in this thread despite the QBs. I also think the QB position is a lot better this year than it was last year...maybe it's mediocre and at best average but we have mediocre and average depth as well and that is a huge difference. If we can get middle of the pack production from the QB position that's a serious competitive upgrade.

Quite right.

Which puts even more pressure on a very inexperienced QB. These are two very difficult games and if they find some way to win them both, there is a very strong possibility they can go 7-0 before the bye.

The Jokeman
09-01-2015, 04:14 PM

Week 3 is as vital as the first two weeks being it's another conference opponent or even more importantly a division opponent. As let's not forget last year we beat Green Bay (who was one bobbled onside kick from making the Super Bowl) yet didn't make the playoffs thanks to losses to the Chiefs and/or Raiders or for argument sake Miami.

gebobs
09-01-2015, 04:17 PM
Quite right.

Which puts even more pressure on a very inexperienced QB. These are two very difficult games and if they find some way to win them both, there is a very strong possibility they can go 7-0 before the bye.

Dafark? Have you gone mad? The schedule before the bye, aside from the Titans and the Jagoffs, are about as tough as a start gets.

Who are you? What have you done with nottie?!!

Mr. Pink
09-01-2015, 04:24 PM
I do think they will rise to above .500 mainly because Rex is at the helm. He knows how to get the most out of inexperienced QB's, and already has a very good defense to work with. Right now I'm expecting at least 10 solid wins. Maybe more.

I don't think Rex is as good of a coach as you give him credit for. Remember he took a Jet team that was on the cusp of a Superbowl and turned them into a joke. He's a player coach who guys love to play for so seeing he's new here it should work out well for a few years before it wears off.

That being said this team has a defense that can carry it for a few weeks on the year, they just need the offense to be able to put up 20 points on occasion. Can the offense do that with regularity? After what I've seen out of Tyrod, I'm not completely confident in that. No TD passes, atrocious red zone offense again, but I'm sure Carpenter will get a lot of work as Taylor looked to be able to move the ball between the 20s quite effectively through dink and dunk or scrambling.

The main problem is does Taylor turn into Terrelle Pryor when teams actually start gameplanning against him and not just giving vanilla looks with half hearted effort? That's a question that won't be answered til week 1. While yes, I like QBs who can run as well as pass, Tyrod so far, college as well, has looked like an option QB who would rather run than throw the ball. You need to be able to throw the ball a little in this league to achieve success.

notacon
09-02-2015, 09:53 AM
Dafark? Have you gone mad? The schedule before the bye, aside from the Titans and the Jagoffs, are about as tough as a start gets.

Who are you? What have you done with nottie?!!

I don't think Rex is as good of a coach as you give him credit for. Remember he took a Jet team that was on the cusp of a Superbowl and turned them into a joke. He's a player coach who guys love to play for so seeing he's new here it should work out well for a few years before it wears off.

That being said this team has a defense that can carry it for a few weeks on the year, they just need the offense to be able to put up 20 points on occasion. Can the offense do that with regularity? After what I've seen out of Tyrod, I'm not completely confident in that. No TD passes, atrocious red zone offense again, but I'm sure Carpenter will get a lot of work as Taylor looked to be able to move the ball between the 20s quite effectively through dink and dunk or scrambling.

The main problem is does Taylor turn into Terrelle Pryor when teams actually start gameplanning against him and not just giving vanilla looks with half hearted effort? That's a question that won't be answered til week 1. While yes, I like QBs who can run as well as pass, Tyrod so far, college as well, has looked like an option QB who would rather run than throw the ball. You need to be able to throw the ball a little in this league to achieve success.

First I get vilified for being to much a "realist" and now I'm getting called out on being a little too optimistic and...dare I say....excited.

Bill Cody
09-02-2015, 10:36 AM
These are two very difficult games and if they find some way to win them both, there is a very strong possibility they can go 7-0 before the bye.

7-0? Bipolar?

swiper
09-02-2015, 11:35 AM

And McCoy might not play in the first game!

gebobs
09-02-2015, 12:08 PM
Well that's just effing great. smdh

justasportsfan
09-02-2015, 12:32 PM

First I get vilified for being to much a "realist" and now I'm getting called out on being a little too optimistic and...dare I say....excited.

There is an excellent chance they could go 7-0 before the bye. Not THAT would be something to get EXCITED about!!!

OK "Mr. Realist" . 7-0 huh? wanna bet? :D

notacon
09-02-2015, 04:35 PM
OK "Mr. Realist" . 7-0 huh? wanna bet? :D

Not a chance.

PromoTheRobot
09-02-2015, 06:04 PM

Not likely.

Always root for failure.

Mr. Pink
09-02-2015, 07:16 PM
Not a chance.

This team is more likely to go 0-7 than 7-0.

Don't worry, neither will happen.

justasportsfan
09-02-2015, 08:38 PM
Not a chance. Not feeling so realistic all of a sudden? Thought so!!!

notacon
09-03-2015, 06:54 AM
Always root for failure.

Why do some people have to misrepresent the motivation of others when their cozy little world is upset by an opinion they don't like?

Jesus.

Refute what I write, if you can. Demonstrate how Matt Cassel, EJ Manuel and Tyrod Taylor are superior QB's in this league and will ensure that the Buffalo Bills will have above average or even average performance from that position. But, no, that would be too much work. You'd have to lay your opinion (and that's ALL it would be, just like my pops is an opinion) on the line.

Instead, you question the loyalty and motivation of a person that has been a Bills fan for probably twice as long as you have been alive.

To put a fine point on it...you are full of ****. Smelly, absurd, disgusting ****.

There is not one iota of "rooting for failure" in anything I wrote. You can take your absurd, lazy premise and shove it where the sun don't shine.

notacon
09-03-2015, 07:06 AM
Not feeling so realistic all of a sudden? Thought so!!!

Not really. My original post still stands as the "realistic" take. 100%, I think what I wrote was 100% accurate. And as I said..."the realism side of me knows that, until shown otherwise, the Bills QB's suck and the team will probably struggle to challenge for a playoff spot."

Now, the second observation...(and here is the full context, which is critical for the premise...instead of your cherry picking)...This was in response to Gooby's post...

Not that is something I can agree with!!

I've already said (I believe in another thread) that for the first time in a long time, I have trust in the head coach. I think that Rex brings at least 3 wins to the table just because of superior coaching. I'm also very confident (and, yes, EXCITED) that HE is the guy to bring along with Tyrod and EJ and have them playing at least average NFL QB'ing.

Those two things means the playoffs THIS year. With a tough churl and Brady with a chip on his shoulder, it's going to be very, very tough. If the Bills start the year out strong, there is no telling how many wins they will get.

Yeah....that's the "until shown otherwise" part.

Of course, despite the dishonest sniping of Promo, I remain, as always, a loyal and long time suffering Bills fan...optimistic to a fault, and always rooting for my Bills to cross the promised land and a Super Bowl win.

It's not only logical, but demonstrates an ability to use my intellect to actually foresee differing outcomes based on the unfolding of events and a multitude of contributing factors.

And you want to criticize me for a ray of optimism??? Really????

Bill Cody
09-03-2015, 08:08 AM
Yeah....that's the "until shown otherwise" part.

That's the OP playbook. Takes no courage, none, to say "I'm assuming nothing changes because it usually doesn't". Weak.

psubills62
09-03-2015, 08:32 AM
Silly post.

So how else am I supposed to interpret the following sentence from your OP:

A sixth round draft pick means he would have to be that one in a thousand exception in performing better than every scout and GM in the NFL missed.

Maybe if you could use the English language next time, would be a big help.

swiper
11-19-2015, 05:41 PM

- - - Updated - - -

+1

To the idiots pimping the QBR. ROFLMAO. You appear to be ridiculously stupid: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/19/charlie-batchs-186-yard-two-pick-game-has-espns-best-qbr-ever/

Can we rename him to nottoosmart (http://www.gbehh.com/cards/albums/uploads/Just%20Beacause/gbehh_idiot_card.jpg)? It's more fitting.

alohabillsfan
11-20-2015, 03:45 AM
Tyrod stays healthy, the bills make the playoffs and he will go to the pro bowl!

trapezeus
11-20-2015, 05:44 AM
The 3&outs concern me that Tyrod's stats don't tell the full picture. I would love for these last 6 games that he develop some consistency. But he is showing the most promise since pre concussed trent

swiper
11-20-2015, 06:52 AM
He has to become consistent. He's not been that.

Joe Fo Sho
11-20-2015, 07:08 AM
To the idiots pimping the QBR. ROFLMAO. You appear to be ridiculously stupid: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/19/charlie-batchs-186-yard-two-pick-game-has-espns-best-qbr-ever/

Can we rename him to nottoosmart (http://www.gbehh.com/cards/albums/uploads/Just%20Beacause/gbehh_idiot_card.jpg)? It's more fitting.

I can't stand the QBR system. People just blindly believe it's the greatest metric for measuring quarterbacks because ESPN says so. Maybe if they actually released the formula they use, we could understand it more. Passer rating is still much better, in my opinion.

All formulas are going to be flawed, but at least with the Passer Rating you can explain exactly where the numbers come from and use that only as part of your logic when evaluating a QB. There are a few outliers with the QBR that make absolutely no sense and of course, since we don't know the formula, we just have to accept them as the exceptions.

Albany,n.y.
11-20-2015, 07:18 AM

There is no statistic that accurately measures a QB's performance. The game is too complex for that. The best way to evaluate a QB is to watch him in games & practices, & re-evaluate by watching films. Since none of us fans can do this (mainly because we don't get to see them practice every day like the coaches) I find it laughable when fans question the coaches decision on who starts. We saw this when the few EJ fans who were left wanted him to reclaim the starting job when Tyrod got hurt because they didn't realize the coaches had seen enough of him in practice & films to know better.

The best long range QB stat is the W-L record. Now in any given year a team can be bad enough to lose even with a franchise QB, but in general a franchise QB elevates a team, and a bad QB can ruin any chance of winning a team has. Just look at how bad the Cowboys are without Romo because the other guys don't belong on the field. A good example from Bills history is Flutie/Johnson. When Flutie was in, the team won. When Johnson was in, they didn't. Just look at each QB's W-L record while playing with the same exact players. At one point RJ's QB rating stats exceeded Jim Kelly's. When that happened I realized how useless QB rating stats are.