PDA

View Full Version : Chad Kelly named Ole Miss starting QB

WagonCircler
09-01-2015, 12:21 PM
New Ole Miss Starting QB Chad Kelly Will Be a Star for the Rebels

Another domino in the SEC quarterback mystery has fallen.

Ole Miss head coach Hugh Freeze announced on Monday during his weekly press conference that junior college transfer Chad Kelly will take the first snap against UT-Martin on Saturday.

Kelly beat out sophomores Ryan Buchanan and DeVante Kincade, according to Ben Garrett of Scout.com, but won't be the only quarterback to take snaps on Saturday.

The 6'2", 215-pounder who started his career at Clemson heading to East Mississippi Community College won a junior college national championship last year, running a similar offense to the one he's operating in Oxford.

Despite his relative inexperience at Ole Miss, that playing time at East Mississippi will certainly help him transition to his new starting role with the Rebels and will help make him a star in the SEC.

More...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2558640-new-ole-miss-starting-qb-chad-kelly-will-be-a-star-for-the-rebels?is_shared=true

ParanoidAndroid
09-01-2015, 12:50 PM
Hopefully he's figured out how to not sabotage his own future. Is he as good as this article says he is?

Mr. Miyagi
09-01-2015, 01:14 PM
He has 2 years at most to show he can play. I'd love for him to be good enough that we could take him in the 4th round and groom him up.

WagonCircler
09-01-2015, 02:01 PM
Hopefully he's figured out how to not sabotage his own future. Is he as good as this article says he is?

We'll know soon enough. No coddling in the SEC.

streetkings01
09-01-2015, 02:34 PM
He was a train wreck at Clemson

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-01-2015, 02:45 PM
holy s***. i had to do a double take. I thought this said chip kelly at first. ha

trapezeus
09-01-2015, 03:07 PM
chad kelly seems like an entitled brat. had issues in high schools. had issues at clemson. being the nephew of a great only carries so much weight. i wish he could have handled the responsibility well out the gate. it seems like an offchance for him to get his act together.

WagonCircler
09-01-2015, 06:00 PM
holy s***. i had to do a double take. I thought this said chip kelly at first. ha

Not very mobile. Poor arm strength at his age. Probably fragile. Would make for a very smart QB, though.

The Jokeman
09-01-2015, 06:03 PM
Not very mobile. Poor arm strength at his age. Probably fragile. Would make for a very smart QB, though.

He isn't all that smart off the field. Yet if he was really good on the field Clemson would never had kicked him off the team. If he didn't share genes with Jim Kelly nobody in Buffalo would care who this kid is.

Mace
09-01-2015, 06:10 PM
It will be interesting to see if he really learned anything next couple years. Got a feeling he ends up getting cocky, and enters the draft too early, ending up working for a landscaping business.

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-01-2015, 07:06 PM
He isn't all that smart off the field. Yet if he was really good on the field Clemson would never had kicked him off the team. If he didn't share genes with Jim Kelly nobody in Buffalo would care who this kid is.

He he was jokingly talking about chip

Mace
09-01-2015, 07:16 PM

Wagon doesn't joke, he was being snide, though in a way that was funny. There's a subtlety there if you aren't on the wrong end of it. If Wagon joked he wouldn't be funny, but he's funny on purpose not joking. Seriously, no joke.

The Jokeman
09-01-2015, 07:17 PM

Chad Kelly = Buffalo Chip.

WagonCircler
09-01-2015, 08:53 PM
Wagon doesn't joke, he was being snide, though in a way that was funny. There's a subtlety there if you aren't on the wrong end of it. If Wagon joked he wouldn't be funny, but he's funny on purpose not joking. Seriously, no joke.

I joked a man in Reno.

Just to watch hm die.