PDA

View Full Version : Not Buying Grahams Twitter Musings

Night Train
09-02-2015, 06:39 AM
This was Pegula and Brandon wishing to keep Fred for the purpose of PR & season tickets. Whaley reportedly wanted to move Fred earlier in the spring, remember ? Pegula then issued a statement that Fred was staying, which I found troubling. Marketing went forward and season tickets continued to sell. Now reports that a current marketing campaign with Fred was ready to launch.

I love Fred.. but he's not bigger than the team. If he's going to be the #3 HB just standing on the sidelines with no ST's contributions, then he's taking away someones deserving roster spot. He took away someones roster spot in 2006. The circle of football life. Deal with it and root for the laundry.

Fred was a class act. That he lasted here 9 + years is incredible.

I may not agree with every move Whaley makes but he's had far more hits than misses. This team is very good. If ownership/ Brandon and the marketing/season ticket drive gets in the way of a GM doing his job, then Houston, we have a problem.

HHURRICANE
09-02-2015, 06:41 AM
Winner!!!! Best thread of the day!

Aggie
09-02-2015, 09:27 AM
Watch the first play of the Steelers game again. I'm not upset that Jackson was cut because of sentimental reasons. I'm upset he was cut because he's an excellent backup / 3rd down running back.

HHURRICANE
09-02-2015, 10:05 AM
Watch the first play of the Steelers game again. I'm not upset that Jackson was cut because of sentimental reasons. I'm upset he was cut because he's an excellent backup / 3rd down running back.

You don't pay the 3rd running back 2.5 million. Look at what Seattle is talking about offering him as potential #2, or #3 when they get healthy.

Furthermore, you cut other guys that have longer term plans for this team? Fred is perfect for a team that has a hole or is that one player away. We have 4 very good running backs.

chernobylwraiths
09-02-2015, 10:14 AM
You don't pay the 3rd running back 2.5 million. Look at what Seattle is talking about offering him as potential #2, or #3 when they get healthy.

Furthermore, you cut other guys that have longer term plans for this team? Fred is perfect for a team that has a hole or is that one player away. We have 4 very good running backs.

Fred has been a class act his whole career, so when he slams only one person, I will listen to that. It is also being discussed that they never asked him to take a pay cut. They just cut him. I would perfer to think of my organization acting classy to the classiest player they have had in years.

I also "buy" it because Pegula comes across as the type that treates his employees with respect. So yes, I believe Whaley might have acted "rogue" in this.

justasportsfan
09-02-2015, 10:22 AM
I may not agree with every move Whaley makes but he's had far more hits than misses. This team is very good. If ownership/ Brandon and the marketing/season ticket drive gets in the way of a GM doing his job, then Houston, we have a problem.

If hits and misses are based on talent then I agree. However, you are eventually judged on wins and losses . The bills have not made playoffs since Whaley has been here no matter what his position was.

DraftBoy
09-02-2015, 11:00 AM
I buy it because Sully, Dunne, and others on the Bills beat basically echoed the same statement that Whaley was not a Jackson guy and wanted him gone.

djjimkelly
09-02-2015, 11:27 AM

now hes a way different player.............. but sproles is a 3rd down back and im sure he gets paid

that being said freds time was done here and the bitterness towards whaley on the way out is sad

swiper
09-02-2015, 11:29 AM

Shut up you jack ass. Jackson has said, repeatedly, that he would have taken less money to stay in Buffalo. And he is no worse than first back-up to McCoy.

Buffalogic
09-02-2015, 12:49 PM
Shut up you jack ass. Jackson has said, repeatedly, that he would have taken less money to stay in Buffalo. And he is no worse than first back-up to McCoy.
Dude get over it. Your idea of Fred Jackson is better than the reality of him, just like I said months ago. You cried then and you are still crying now. This Fred Jackson is our second best rb is a figment on your imagination. These overly attached emotional bills fans are just so gross.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-02-2015, 12:53 PM

Where? All I've seen is a PFT report from an anonymous source.

casdhf
09-02-2015, 01:31 PM

I would agree with this if Fred was approached and asked to take a pay cut and refused. My understanding is they just released him despite him claiming he was "willing to do anything to stay in Buffalo." So the doesn't really seem like money was a factor and no one that I have seen, other than you, brings it up as a factor.

The Jokeman
09-02-2015, 03:53 PM
I buy it because Sully, Dunne, and others on the Bills beat basically echoed the same statement that Whaley was not a Jackson guy and wanted him gone.

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Doug-Whaley-on-Fred-Jacksons-Release/08004947-5c93-4332-8b45-afdd5442d282

Straight from Whaley's mouth it was a decision that "everyone was on board", he even states he talked to Terry and Kim. So unsure where Graham finds it's rogue unless the person Graham using as a source didn't hear it and maybe that's what happened.

YardRat
09-02-2015, 06:57 PM
Dude get over it. Your idea of Fred Jackson is better than the reality of him, just like I said months ago. You cried then and you are still crying now. This Fred Jackson is our second best rb is a figment on your imagination. These overly attached emotional bills fans are just so gross.

No, it isn't.

Whether or not Shady is better is even still questionable. If he plays like CJv2.0 he will be just another in a decent sized line-up of RB's 'better than Fred' that actually weren't.

Fred is better than Brown. Fred is better than Boobie. The only thing Williams has going for him at this point is 'potential'.

There is no way, regardless of whether the team keeps three or four RB's, that anybody can argue Fred doesn't belong in that group and is currently (or, more appropriately now, was) the fifth best RB in camp.

The ONLY way this makes sense if is Fred had a killer contract that was keeping the team from signing somebody like Dareus, and that simply isn't the case.

Novacane
09-02-2015, 07:00 PM

Unless they are going to use that 2.5 this year to extend Dareus who cares about the money. It's not coming out of your pocket!

Mace
09-02-2015, 07:12 PM
I buy it because to me it seems Graham's football connections are excellent, even better than Carucci's, and Graham doesn't spew a lot of opinion nonsense, just reports what those connections say. Sometimes he even dials up Parcells for thoughts. This has nothing to do with Parcells of course, but it tells you Graham maintains his connections which have connections.

Jackson is gone, it is what it is. I personally think it was a stupid cut for what I think I have seen he has left after the last game coming off an injury, for his stiff arm and 66 receptions last year, for what he brought to what I think is an iffy lockerroom, for what I think he could have taught Karlos Williams, for how he would have fit in a Roman rushing offense, for how I think he was a best case Rex guy in what the HC wants from his players. But he's gone.

But this is about Graham. I've never even seen him show a sense of humor in the weekly Bills recaps. He has a narrow focus in what he says. I believe Graham and his sources.

Jimkelly12203
09-02-2015, 08:14 PM
I don't think an entire organization agrees to cut Fred Jackson unceremoniously after the first day of cuts. I don't buy that. At all.

But i know who has the singular power to make that move regardless of what all the other parties think.

Whaley is in trouble IMO.

T-Pegs tried to replace him with Polian not 6 months ago... Lest we forget.

And Doug Marone may be an ass-hole (he is) but I think a lot of coaches might take issue with a GM that makes personnel decisions designed to cover his past mistakes.

Fred Jackson should be a buffalo bill today.

bigbub2352
09-02-2015, 08:34 PM
Whatever it takes to resign marcel.....everyone loves fjax....but franchise dt is not something that comes out every year Iin thr draft....rb usually is....had to b done to maintain building a contender

DraftBoy
09-03-2015, 07:07 AM
http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Doug-Whaley-on-Fred-Jacksons-Release/08004947-5c93-4332-8b45-afdd5442d282

Straight from Whaley's mouth it was a decision that "everyone was on board", he even states he talked to Terry and Kim. So unsure where Graham finds it's rogue unless the person Graham using as a source didn't hear it and maybe that's what happened.

So a response from the Bills organization saying they are on the same page, just as Graham said they would respond, doesn't seem odd to you?

EDS
09-03-2015, 07:32 AM
Whatever it takes to resign marcel.....everyone loves fjax....but franchise dt is not something that comes out every year Iin thr draft....rb usually is....had to b done to maintain building a contender

FJ's contract is only relevant to Dareus if they get an extension done this season and they can apply a portion of his bonus to this season's cap. That said, I think they already had over $6 million in cap space for this season. Next season is of course a different story but FJ was not signed for 2016.

EDS
09-04-2015, 10:59 AM
FJ's contract is only relevant to Dareus if they get an extension done this season and they can apply a portion of his bonus to this season's cap. That said, I think they already had over $6 million in cap space for this season. Next season is of course a different story but FJ was not signed for 2016.

I think my post above was just plain wrong. Can the Bills rollover unused 2015 salary cap space to apply to 2016 (and thus help with the new Dareus contract)?

Ed
09-04-2015, 11:01 AM
I think my post above was just plain wrong. Can the Bills rollover unused 2015 salary cap space to apply to 2016 (and thus help with the new Dareus contract)?
Yes, any unused cap space gets rolled over to the following season.