• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Not Buying Grahams Twitter Musings

This was Pegula and Brandon wishing to keep Fred for the purpose of PR & season tickets. Whaley reportedly wanted to move Fred earlier in the spring, remember ? Pegula then issued a statement that Fred was staying, which I found troubling. Marketing went forward and season tickets continued to sell. Now reports that a current marketing campaign with Fred was ready to launch.

I love Fred.. but he's not bigger than the team. If he's going to be the #3 HB just standing on the sidelines with no ST's contributions, then he's taking away someones deserving roster spot. He took away someones roster spot in 2006. The circle of football life. Deal with it and root for the laundry.

Fred was a class act. That he lasted here 9 + years is incredible.

I may not agree with every move Whaley makes but he's had far more hits than misses. This team is very good. If ownership/ Brandon and the marketing/season ticket drive gets in the way of a GM doing his job, then Houston, we have a problem.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Re: Not Buying Grahams Twitter Musings

Winner!!!! Best thread of the day!

Comment

• Aggie
      • Aug 2015

Watch the first play of the Steelers game again. I'm not upset that Jackson was cut because of sentimental reasons. I'm upset he was cut because he's an excellent backup / 3rd down running back.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Aggie View Post
        Watch the first play of the Steelers game again. I'm not upset that Jackson was cut because of sentimental reasons. I'm upset he was cut because he's an excellent backup / 3rd down running back.
        You don't pay the 3rd running back 2.5 million. Look at what Seattle is talking about offering him as potential #2, or #3 when they get healthy.

Furthermore, you cut other guys that have longer term plans for this team? Fred is perfect for a team that has a hole or is that one player away. We have 4 very good running backs.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE View Post
          You don't pay the 3rd running back 2.5 million. Look at what Seattle is talking about offering him as potential #2, or #3 when they get healthy.

Furthermore, you cut other guys that have longer term plans for this team? Fred is perfect for a team that has a hole or is that one player away. We have 4 very good running backs.
          Fred has been a class act his whole career, so when he slams only one person, I will listen to that. It is also being discussed that they never asked him to take a pay cut. They just cut him. I would perfer to think of my organization acting classy to the classiest player they have had in years.

I also "buy" it because Pegula comes across as the type that treates his employees with respect. So yes, I believe Whaley might have acted "rogue" in this.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train View Post

I may not agree with every move Whaley makes but he's had far more hits than misses. This team is very good. If ownership/ Brandon and the marketing/season ticket drive gets in the way of a GM doing his job, then Houston, we have a problem.
            If hits and misses are based on talent then I agree. However, you are eventually judged on wins and losses . The bills have not made playoffs since Whaley has been here no matter what his position was.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

I buy it because Sully, Dunne, and others on the Bills beat basically echoed the same statement that Whaley was not a Jackson guy and wanted him gone.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• djjimkelly
                • Apr 2003

now hes a way different player.............. but sproles is a 3rd down back and im sure he gets paid

that being said freds time was done here and the bitterness towards whaley on the way out is sad

Comment

• Swiper
                  • Sep 2010

Shut up you jack ass. Jackson has said, repeatedly, that he would have taken less money to stay in Buffalo. And he is no worse than first back-up to McCoy.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                    Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                    Shut up you jack ass. Jackson has said, repeatedly, that he would have taken less money to stay in Buffalo. And he is no worse than first back-up to McCoy.
                    Dude get over it. Your idea of Fred Jackson is better than the reality of him, just like I said months ago. You cried then and you are still crying now. This Fred Jackson is our second best rb is a figment on your imagination. These overly attached emotional bills fans are just so gross.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                      Where? All I've seen is a PFT report from an anonymous source.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• casdhf
                        • Jul 2002

I would agree with this if Fred was approached and asked to take a pay cut and refused. My understanding is they just released him despite him claiming he was "willing to do anything to stay in Buffalo." So the doesn't really seem like money was a factor and no one that I have seen, other than you, brings it up as a factor.
                        Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                        cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• The Jokeman
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                          I buy it because Sully, Dunne, and others on the Bills beat basically echoed the same statement that Whaley was not a Jackson guy and wanted him gone.

Straight from Whaley's mouth it was a decision that "everyone was on board", he even states he talked to Terry and Kim. So unsure where Graham finds it's rogue unless the person Graham using as a source didn't hear it and maybe that's what happened.

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Buffalogic View Post
                            Dude get over it. Your idea of Fred Jackson is better than the reality of him, just like I said months ago. You cried then and you are still crying now. This Fred Jackson is our second best rb is a figment on your imagination. These overly attached emotional bills fans are just so gross.
                            No, it isn't.

Whether or not Shady is better is even still questionable. If he plays like CJv2.0 he will be just another in a decent sized line-up of RB's 'better than Fred' that actually weren't.

Fred is better than Brown. Fred is better than Boobie. The only thing Williams has going for him at this point is 'potential'.

There is no way, regardless of whether the team keeps three or four RB's, that anybody can argue Fred doesn't belong in that group and is currently (or, more appropriately now, was) the fifth best RB in camp.

The ONLY way this makes sense if is Fred had a killer contract that was keeping the team from signing somebody like Dareus, and that simply isn't the case.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Novacane
                              • Jul 2002

Unless they are going to use that 2.5 this year to extend Dareus who cares about the money. It's not coming out of your pocket!

Comment

Working...
                              X