PDA

View Full Version : Doug Whaley Sucks

Jimkelly12203
09-02-2015, 11:33 PM
No explanation required. If you read up you'll know why. If you don't, i'm not here to educate you.

Screw this clown.

Skooby
09-03-2015, 01:52 AM
Deep.

Topas
09-03-2015, 02:54 AM
Well, that is a very informative post, JK, thanks for the info :D

But maybe to have an actual discussion.

I think Whaley does not suck. Overall.

Negative:
- cutting Freddy (also you can defend the step football and injury probability-wise)
- trading up for Sammy (also you can defend the step if you consider (hopefully soon to be) top-5 receiver worth two firsts and there was no QB available the next year anyway)

positive:
- best roster in maybe 20 years (yes QB is the most important position, but it is better to have all other pieces in place than to have no piece in place, which was true the last decade; and maybe we found our QB)

So actually the positive trumps the negative in my book. He is the best GM we had in years.
But I definitely dont like the rumours and the handling of the Freddy situation. And if we go in the first game with Karlos starting I might reconsider my assessment.

YardRat
09-03-2015, 04:54 AM
Welcome to new ownership, deep pockets and culture change. People wanted something different, well they got it. Whether or not the results are any different remain to be seen.

HHURRICANE
09-03-2015, 05:34 AM
Is there something new out there?

Whaley cut Fred and Fred was mad about it.

Ohhh and the Eagles traded McCoy because he was talented and black.

ParanoidAndroid
09-03-2015, 05:51 AM
Well, that is a very informative post, JK, thanks for the info :D

But maybe to have an actual discussion.

I think Whaley does not suck. Overall.

Negative:
- cutting Freddy (also you can defend the step football and injury probability-wise)
- trading up for Sammy (also you can defend the step if you consider (hopefully soon to be) top-5 receiver worth two firsts and there was no QB available the next year anyway)

positive:
- best roster in maybe 20 years (yes QB is the most important position, but it is better to have all other pieces in place than to have no piece in place, which was true the last decade; and maybe we found our QB)

So actually the positive trumps the negative in my book. He is the best GM we had in years.
But I definitely dont like the rumours and the handling of the Freddy situation. And if we go in the first game with Karlos starting I might reconsider my assessment.

The 2003 roster was the last truly solid one since the Super bowl years. We were an O-line away from being a playoff favorite. That defense was better than this one. This is the best roster we've had since then.

GreedoII
09-03-2015, 06:21 AM
No explanation required. If you read up you'll know why. If you don't, i'm not here to educate you.

Screw this clown.

why does he suck? because he didn't consult with your dumbass before you bought that F-Jax throwback? Dope....

Topas
09-03-2015, 06:26 AM
Right, I forgot about that awesome defense. Statistically the 2004 team performed even better. So I would argue for that roster. Although I don't remember the personnel changes between 2003 and 2004. Might also be that the improvement was due to the change from Williams to Mularkey.

Wikipedia says this about the 2004 Bills:

According to Football Outsiders (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_Outsiders), who has tracked every play in the NFL since the early 1990s, the 2004 Bills are statistically the best NFL team (in their record-keeping history) to have failed to qualify for the playoffs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_Buffalo_Bills_season

Another very sad record that is ours...

djjimkelly
09-03-2015, 06:37 AM
i disagree with the whaley comments he cant be a hero for signing and drafting alot of guys on this roster and a ***** because he got rid of a 34 year old back

WagonCircler
09-03-2015, 07:14 AM
Ohhh and the Eagles traded McCoy because he was talented and black.

Or maybe they knew something about him medically...

Typ0
09-03-2015, 09:18 AM
i disagree with the whaley comments he cant be a hero for signing and drafting alot of guys on this roster and a ***** because he got rid of a 34 year old back

I agree. I think the organization envisioned Cassell starting here and that puts FJAX on the field in pass protection a lot. They were surprised that TMOBILE emerged and EJ has grown. A whole new ball game when those two guys look like they can play FJAX falls down the depth chart. If he wants to play they did him a favor by cutting him...and they did the team that picks him up a favor too.

The King
09-03-2015, 10:11 AM
Right, I forgot about that awesome defense. Statistically the 2004 team performed even better. So I would argue for that roster. Although I don't remember the personnel changes between 2003 and 2004. Might also be that the improvement was due to the change from Williams to Mularkey.

Wikipedia says this about the 2004 Bills:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_Buffalo_Bills_season

Another very sad record that is ours...
Ugh that season.

Mike
09-03-2015, 10:55 AM
Positives:
- best overall roster in last decade
- good cap management
- resigning right players & letting wrong ones walk.

Negatives:
- Trading up for Sammy in deepest WR draft ever
- QB: waiting until worst QB draft to drafting EJ & then passing on better prospects.
- Overvaluing RB position & McCoy. Murray was better & has less mileage.

- - - Updated - - -

Totally mishandled FJ

Overall, he's been a good but not great GM

HHURRICANE
09-03-2015, 12:12 PM
I agree. I think the organization envisioned Cassell starting here and that puts FJAX on the field in pass protection a lot. They were surprised that TMOBILE emerged and EJ has grown. A whole new ball game when those two guys look like they can play FJAX falls down the depth chart. If he wants to play they did him a favor by cutting him...and they did the team that picks him up a favor too.

Good insight!! I didn't think of this.

justasportsfan
09-03-2015, 01:38 PM
I like what Whaley has done for the most part all that means nothing if we don't win. All the good moves depend on how good we are which is actually tied to the qb position. If we can't win because of bad quarterbacking, it's his fault. Thats all on him.

WagonCircler
09-03-2015, 01:46 PM
- Overvaluing RB position & McCoy. Murray was better & has less mileage.

Also, Murray was a free agent. Between the draft picks and players Whaley has pissed away acquiring to injury prone players, Watkins and McCoy, when he could have had similarly skilled players without pissing them away, he should be fired.

Typ0
09-03-2015, 03:21 PM
I like what Whaley has done for the most part all that means nothing if we don't win. All the good moves depend on how good we are which is actually tied to the qb position. If we can't win because of bad quarterbacking, it's his fault. Thats all on him.

What else could he have done with the QB position?

Uncle Jesse
09-03-2015, 06:56 PM
He has a roster primed for (on paper) one of our best seasons in over a decade.....but, yeah, sure.

Mace
09-03-2015, 09:29 PM
He has a roster primed for (on paper) one of our best seasons in over a decade.....but, yeah, sure.

I don't know. He has marquee receivers for a rushing offense, loaded with backs he paid for that are easy to find with a scouting system nowadays, and a bunch of character issue guys. I think we're primed for November chaos, fistfights, sniping, and trouble, from the players he went out and got as opposed to the ones he inherited.

We're all banking on Ryan magic to pull it off because otherwise it looks feeble. I think Whaley is in over his head but is certain he has it all down pat and is banking on Ryan like the rest of us to pull something off and make it all ok.

mightysimi
09-03-2015, 09:33 PM
I think he has drafted pretty well

TacklingDummy
09-03-2015, 09:37 PM
Welcome to new ownership, deep pockets and culture change. People wanted something different, well they got it. Whether or not the results are any different remain to be seen.

How long did it take the Sabres from playoffs to worst team in league?

swiper
09-04-2015, 03:45 AM
I have come to the conclusion that any GM will be overly-criticized in Buffalo until we find a true franchise QB.

Much of Whaley's drafting prowess will sit with this (post-giving up the #1 for Sammy Watkins) draft. So far only Miller has looked solid. But it is early yet.