PDA

View Full Version : Brady gets away with it?

LarryBoy
09-03-2015, 08:16 AM
http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/13570716/tom-brady-new-england-patriots-wins-appeal-nfl-deflategate

Ugh.

Zoneblitser
09-03-2015, 08:19 AM
Good now we beat the best! Go Bills

casdhf
09-03-2015, 08:22 AM
My head is angry.
My fantasy team is happy.

doug45
09-03-2015, 08:24 AM
Cheaters, wife betters, drugs, football is in trouble

SpikedLemonade
09-03-2015, 08:28 AM
There goes our 2nd game.

stuckincincy
09-03-2015, 08:33 AM
The Judge:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_M._Berman

Here come da judge! :bighug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hIcKkKID8k

Novacane
09-03-2015, 08:33 AM
The judge is probably a Pats fan

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-03-2015, 08:36 AM
well, i'm pretty sure spartacus will be pleased that his favorite team has their best player back

Mr. Miyagi
09-03-2015, 08:41 AM
The players will settle it on the field.

Brady out for the season by Week 5.

Topas
09-03-2015, 08:57 AM
The Judge:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_M._Berman

Here come da judge! :bighug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hIcKkKID8k

Lol, the Wikipedia page Of Berman currently says:

Notable cases:
As of August 2015, Berman is the judge assigned to New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady's case set to rule on the four-game suspension levied against him by the National Football League for his alleged role in the "Deflategate" scandal.[1]

On September 3rd 2015, Judge Berman, being a massive Patriots fan, ruled in favor of Tom Brady to repeal his 4 game suspension. He is the Satan reincarnate...and a total douche.

Topas
09-03-2015, 09:02 AM
Lol, so fitting. The Patiots tweeted that:

https://twitter.com/Patriots/status/639445470230614018

So fitting, that they tweeted a picture where Brady celebrates next to a referee. Yes, the Pats beat the rules ...

Typ0
09-03-2015, 09:09 AM
I agree with what the Judge said for the most part. The NFL is very heavy handed in protecting their brand when it comes to the players. This sends the right message to America about fair labor practices. Organizations are much more powerful than individuals and need to be held to higher standards.

Forward_Lateral
09-03-2015, 09:11 AM
Hopefully this spells the beginning of the end for Goddell.

trapezeus
09-03-2015, 09:12 AM
I guess it stands for the "New England Football League".

The other 31 teams are like college feeder teams.

BertSquirtgum
09-03-2015, 09:29 AM
I wonder how much kraft paid the judge behind closed doors

Meathead
09-03-2015, 09:52 AM
honestly dont even care about the football. its the pathetic social commentary that really stings

hopefully its not the end. somehow the nfl cant let itself turn into a sham operation, well more of a sham operation. so it better come out better in round two

Bill Cody
09-03-2015, 10:15 AM
honestly dont even care about the football. its the pathetic social commentary that really stings

hopefully its not the end. somehow the nfl cant let itself turn into a sham operation, well more of a sham operation. so it better come out better in round two

The NFL will appeal. And lose again. This whole thing was a travesty from the jump. Goodell came in very soft on Ray Rice, Goodell lied about what Rice told him, lied about not seeing the tape, and ever since then has tried to overcompensate by being over the top harsh in every case since. He's just terrible. In this case you run a sting operation during the AFCCG, leak false info to Chris Mortensen, hire Ted Wells to make this into a national circus and then run a smear campaign against one of the league's top players. Goodell should have been fired after the Ray Rice fiasco. He definitely should be fired now.

Typ0
09-03-2015, 03:14 PM
I agree that Goodell is the problem. Maybe the players would care more about integrity if he demonstrated some. He taught them to cover **** up...and then he want's to come down heavy on cover ups. This was never about footballs it was about lying and failure to cooperate.

CommissarSpartacus
09-03-2015, 04:38 PM
I agree that Goodell is the problem. Maybe the players would care more about integrity if he demonstrated some. He taught them to cover **** up...and then he want's to come down heavy on cover ups. This was never about footballs it was about lying and failure to cooperate.

I beg to differ. This was a deliberate attempt to frame Brady and the Pats by the Ravens and Colts and Jets along with Goodell and his consiglieri, Pash.

Let's see if someone has the guts to ask the Colts equipment guy who told him Brady was deliberately deflating footballs. He told Grigson in his email that it was "common knowledge around the league", but when asked who he heard it from, he said he "couldn't remember".

So, this whole thing was instigated by hearsay (supposedly) from sources the Colts guy "can't remember".

And yet he said it was "common knowledge around the league".

Sorry, but this guy is lying. Shouldn't we wonder WHY the guy who started the whole smear job has to LIE about it?

Cleve
09-04-2015, 11:02 AM
Brady has learned that if he whine and cries long enough, and hard enough, that somebody will listen.

CommissarSpartacus
09-04-2015, 12:49 PM
Brady has learned that if he whine and cries long enough, and hard enough, that somebody will listen.

And yet you whine and whine and whine but no one listens to you.

Must be frustrating, huh?

sudzy
09-04-2015, 05:33 PM

You hope. The last time this happened the Pats went 16-0 and steamrolled everyone .

BuffaloRedleg
09-05-2015, 08:22 AM
Why can't it be that Brady did the deed, but the NFL was unfair and unrealistic in its investigation? That's what the judge is saying. From what I saw he didn't say anything about whether or not Brady deflated the balls. His ruling actually looked pretty fair and right from what I read.

Really, this is Goodell's fault. He developed a punishment system in this league that has consistently failed to hold up to legal scrutiny during appeals. The judges laugh at him every time. This has nothing to do with whether or not people have committed crimes, it has everything to do with fair and consistent punishment and investigations.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
09-05-2015, 11:39 AM
Why can't it be that Brady did the deed, but the NFL was unfair and unrealistic in its investigation? That's what the judge is saying. From what I saw he didn't say anything about whether or not Brady deflated the balls. His ruling actually looked pretty fair and right from what I read.

Really, this is Goodell's fault. He developed a punishment system in this league that has consistently failed to hold up to legal scrutiny during appeals. The judges laugh at him every time. This has nothing to do with whether or not people have committed crimes, it has everything to do with fair and consistent punishment and investigations.

Who does he think he is, Tom Brady?

Mike13
09-05-2015, 02:19 PM

And Suh will take him out failing that.

Meathead
09-07-2015, 06:47 AM
just so horrible

my dad says thank god it isnt government. which is true, football is a fantasy world to begin with. but the problem is that this fantasy world is VERY real to most people, and especially children. this definitely impacts our general culture and how we view transgressions against our neighbors and the entire collective

what do you say to a child who brings the question to you? of course he really did cheat. he really did steal from the league, his opponents, and the fans. and he really got caught, at least in any reasonable world where overwhelming evidence is entirely compelling even lacking a smoking gun

is that the standard you want to set in your children? in anybody?!?

so yeah, johnnie, its only cheating if they cant legally nail you. if you can do something that benefits you at the expense of others without anybody having any real evidence against you, then its ok to take that whatever you want, even if its from other people. you can manipulate things in your favor, you can stand up and lie in front of everybody, you can disobey completely reasonable requests to get to the truth, and it will all have no impact on your personal consciousness - AS LONG AS YOU DONT GET CAUGHT RED HANDED

see that pretty woman? that could be yours. see that big mansion? that could be yours. see all those shiny toys, see that massive vacation 'cabin', see your face on the cover of that mag and that bust in canton? that could all be yours. now johnnie go out into the world and cheat your way to glory. just dont get caught

im trying to get excited for the season but it feels like there a massive weight hanging around my neck. the last time i felt this way after they cancelled the world series i stopped watching baseball permanently. i wouldnt be shocked if my interest in this sham sport ends up going the same direction

CommissarSpartacus
09-07-2015, 10:45 AM
:rofl:

Won't Tom Brady please THINK OF THE CHILDREN?

C'mon Tom, it doesn't MATTER if you're innocent, all your haters think you're guilty and it's ****ing up their children, so won't you PLEASE admit you're guilty so you don't traumati2e their children any longer?

SmokeShowin
09-09-2015, 11:21 PM
Banner that is being unfurled at Gillette tonight...

https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/1795663_1140621205952612_6834524746414920216_n.jpg?oh=6467dc59a006c451f278b27678d0e7e9&oe=56A1B58A

ticatfan
09-11-2015, 01:36 PM
Amazing how a little air can become such a story.

DynaPaul
09-11-2015, 02:39 PM
Every little infraction will be scrutinized due to their history. The owners and fans are sick of their BS.

SmokeShowin
09-11-2015, 06:41 PM
https://scontent-lga1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtl1/v/t1.0-9/11215517_10154183630717598_8223689760716356723_n.jpg?oh=68a44746090864b780e042bd997c56f1&oe=56A0006F

Mike
09-13-2015, 01:29 AM
NFL got it their way & lost!

If you remember, the NFLPA & Brady filed suite in Mini and the NFL brought it to NYC which was a huge advantage for them.... And they Lost.

Mike
09-13-2015, 01:35 AM

Clearly, your paying attention.

Ultimately, I agree with the position.

The equipment manager manipulated the balls according to Team preferences. Weather those prefrences really make a definitive difference is debatable.

The NFL had a poor, makeup, case vs Pats with a lot of unfair and biased reporting that could not stand up to legal scrutiny. The judge said as much... The NFL's case was BS

As for Brady, rarely does a person fight so hard for something he doesn't believe in.

Mike
09-13-2015, 01:38 AM
Should be noted that Colts had 3/4 balls below legal PSI. Why didn't NFL check all the Colts Balls?

DynaPaul
09-13-2015, 07:27 AM
Clearly, your paying attention.

Ultimately, I agree with the position.

The equipment manager manipulated the balls according to Team preferences. Weather those prefrences really make a definitive difference is debatable.

The NFL had a poor, makeup, case vs Pats with a lot of unfair and biased reporting that could not stand up to legal scrutiny. The judge said as much... The NFL's case was BS

As for Brady, rarely does a person fight so hard for something he doesn't believe in.
Uh no, wrong. The judge merely said he didn't get due process.

CommissarSpartacus
09-13-2015, 08:09 AM
Uh no, wrong. The judge merely said he didn't get due process.

Uh, no. Wrong.

The due process errors were a direct result of having a BS case in the first place.

He didn't need to address the case directly to throw it out.

DynaPaul
09-13-2015, 04:28 PM
Uh, no. Wrong.

The due process errors were a direct result of having a BS case in the first place.

He didn't need to address the case directly to throw it out.

At no time did he exonerate Brady from being implicated in the ball scandal.

CommissarSpartacus
09-14-2015, 09:25 AM
At no time did he exonerate Brady from being implicated in the ball scandal.

He doesn't NEED to exonerate Brady. Brady was never charged or convicted in a court of law, he was just railroaded INTERNALLY by a bunch of scumbags.

However, he DID ask the NFL if there was ANY evidence that Tom Brady participated in a scheme to deflate the footballs for the conference game.

Tne NFL replied "Well, uh gee, I guess not, no."

The judge then sneered at him.

CommissarSpartacus
09-14-2015, 09:37 AM
BTW, I'm sure everyone remembers when I reported a few months ago that Chuck Pagano was pissed about how Grigson handled the footballs fiasco at the Deflategate game last year.

I said that it smelled like Pagano was left out of the loop on trying to pull a fast one and felt it cost them the game.

Well, the story was denied then, but it seems like it just won't die.

Now Irasy has to jump in to say there's nothing to it...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13650458/jim-irsay-denies-reported-rift-indianapolis-colts-coach-chuck-pagano-gm-ryan-grigson

Jim Irsay denies reported rift between Chuck Pagano, GM Ryan Grigson

Mike Wells, ESPN Staff Writer

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay adamantly denied that a rift exists between general manager Ryan Grigson and coach Chuck Pagano.

Irsay, in an impromptu interview outside the Colts' locker room after Sunday's 27-14 loss to Buffalo, was animated and clearly agitated about rumors circulating about the relationship between his general manager and coach.

"That can't be farther [from] the truth," Irsay said. "Ryan and Chuck work hard together. They have a great relationship. I've seen coaches and general managers work together since I was 11 years old. I know the dynamic that needs to be there for them to work together. They have a great relationship."

...and...

Pagano turned down a one-year contract extension from the Colts during the offseason, choosing instead to play out the season.

...more...

Pagano wants the hell away from these ass holes.