PDA

View Full Version : Deflationgate = Complete & Utter Overreaction

Mike
09-03-2015, 10:38 AM
Brady's suspension has been vacated by the courts which validates the following observations:

1. Deflate gate was an overblown overreaction to the amount of air in a few footballs during a game that wasn't even close. If you think the Pats blew out of the Colts because of football's pressure your off your rocker!

2. NFL use to provide the football but changed policy to allow teams to bring their own. Why? So teams can MANIPULATE Footballs to their liking.

3. Panthers were another team caught taking the manipulation of footballs to far. They only got a warning, no fine & suspensions.

4. CONSPIRACY THEORIES: if by now you still think the NFL & Goodell are trying to protect Brady & Pats your delusional.

5. Jealousy: it's crystal clear that the majority of teams and fans, are very jealous of the Pats and want to stick it to them anyway they can.

6. Judgement: If your trying to 'justify' the judgement by either dismissing the fact that the NFL overstepped its bounds, over punished a non offense (remember suspension was for non cooperation) or are dismissing the judge as a pats fan (hes probably jets fan in NYC) than your Delusional!

7. It's all a Game: remember football should be for entertainment purposes, don't get your heart rate up just because the world doesn't agree with your opinions.

Mr. Miyagi
09-03-2015, 10:53 AM
Darius gets 1 game for a minor drug thing.
Brady gets a pat on the back for cheating the league.

Sounds fair.

sukie
09-03-2015, 10:58 AM
Goodell feels "deflated"

Novacane
09-03-2015, 11:53 AM
Mike and Spartacus need to get a room. :rolleyes:

POTLAND PSILBYLO
09-03-2015, 11:59 AM
There's nothing Brady could do if the NFL goes Pete Rose on him after retirement. That would have been my settlement leverage. Also NFL can find Brady. $50M sounds good to me.

trapezeus
09-03-2015, 01:10 PM
the interesting thing is that the nfl has protected the pats with bizarre rule calls and oddly timed penalties throughout this 15y run. if the league just ensures that the pats have the same game day experience as the other 31 teams, then they are fairly harmless.
-when the team runs an illegal formation and converts a big momentum turning 3rd down, maybe they get flagged like the other 31 teams do.
- when a TE formation is illegal and the TE goes for a 41 yard TD, it's called back like it is for the other 31 teams.
- when a player slaps his own guys helmet after a 4th and 1 stop, it isn't converted to an automatic first down and 15 yards.
-when the qb clearly fumbles the ball, another fake rule isn't brought in to keep them in the game.
- when youre qb gets hit legally, you don't have to worry about a 15 yard phantom penalty
- when your qb mouths off incessantly, he gets an unsportsmanlike penalty.

it's all so simple, yet i know they'll still be the darling of the league. because that big boston fan base only shows up when the team is relevant.

The King
09-03-2015, 02:42 PM
Darius gets 1 game for a minor drug thing.
Brady gets a pat on the back for cheating the league.

Sounds fair.

Darius got 1 game for racing.

The King
09-03-2015, 02:46 PM
The Patriots know how to toe the line, better than any team in the league. Belichick's substitutions last year for example. Not illegal at the time, but certainly not fair to the opposing team. He found the loophole and exploited it. Most likely same situation here, every QB has a preference the Patriots likely found a PSI that worked for Brady and seemingly helped ball security. Was it illegal? I don't know. Likely, they just did it a little bit better than other teams.

I think as Bills fans we win twice in this scenario. Worst case was Brady had his suspension reduced to 1 game and we get all the media attention and an vengeful Brady.
Also, the NFL and the Patriots are clearly at war. You can forget about favorable calls for the NFL golden ball. The playing field should be level from here on out.

CommissarSpartacus
09-03-2015, 04:30 PM
The Patriots know how to toe the line, better than any team in the league. Belichick's substitutions last year for example. Not illegal at the time, but certainly not fair to the opposing team. He found the loophole and exploited it. Most likely same situation here, every QB has a preference the Patriots likely found a PSI that worked for Brady and seemingly helped ball security. Was it illegal? I don't know. Likely, they just did it a little bit better than other teams.

I think as Bills fans we win twice in this scenario. Worst case was Brady had his suspension reduced to 1 game and we get all the media attention and an vengeful Brady.
Also, the NFL and the Patriots are clearly at war. You can forget about favorable calls for the NFL golden ball. The playing field should be level from here on out.

It was supposedly level after Spygate.

What happened then?

OpIv37
09-03-2015, 04:56 PM
Look at the fumble stats. If you think this only happened in one game that was a blowout, you're delusional. They've been doing it since the league starts allowing teams to provide their own balls.

Oh, and btw, the bring your own balls rule is at least the third rule the league made to help Brady, after the tuck rule and "no hitting below the knees" rule. No one gave a **** when Wilfork took out Losman's knee, but when it happened to Brady on a much less ,malicious play, RULE CHANGE!!!!

The league has coddled that team so bad. For once, Goodell attempts to stand up to Kraft and proves once and for all that he's nothing but Kraft's *****.

Expect another SB win for the Pats because NE has proven they can cheat and bully their way to titles and Goodell can't do anything to stop them.

ckg927
09-03-2015, 05:28 PM
If the NFL's owners had any balls(so to speak)whatsoever, they'd move to IMMEDIATELY terminate Roger Goodell's contract. He has been in way over his head dating back to the BountyGate scandal. And he has shown himself to be an embarrassment to the NFL in more ways than one.

How about it, Terry and Kim Pegula? Will you be the ones to make the motion to get rid of this joke of a commish?

ckg927
09-03-2015, 05:30 PM
Look at the fumble stats. If you think this only happened in one game that was a blowout, you're delusional. They've been doing it since the league starts allowing teams to provide their own balls.

Oh, and btw, the bring your own balls rule is at least the third rule the league made to help Brady, after the tuck rule and "no hitting below the knees" rule. No one gave a **** when Wilfork took out Losman's knee, but when it happened to Brady on a much less ,malicious play, RULE CHANGE!!!!

The league has coddled that team so bad. For once, Goodell attempts to stand up to Kraft and proves once and for all that he's nothing but Kraft's *****.

Expect another SB win for the Pats because NE has proven they can cheat and bully their way to titles and Goodell can't do anything to stop them.

No team can keep that luck going forever. Not even the Patriots.

I've got six words for you(courtesy of the man who spoke them, former pro wrestler...AND Bills fan...Taz): "The mood is about to change."

OpIv37
09-03-2015, 07:11 PM

Disagree.

Goodell attempted to grow a pair and stand up to Kraft, Kraft *****-slapped him down to his place with the authority of federal courts. Kraft owns his sorry ass and Goodell won't cross him again. The Pats still get their calls.

CommissarSpartacus
09-03-2015, 07:33 PM
Look at the fumble stats.

The fumble stats?

:rofl:

Is that what you guys are gonna cling to? That's pathetic.

CommissarSpartacus
09-03-2015, 07:36 PM
Disagree.

Goodell attempted to grow a pair and stand up to Kraft, Kraft *****-slapped him down to his place with the authority of federal courts. Kraft owns his sorry ass and Goodell won't cross him again. The Pats still get their calls.

Sorry, but Kraft chickened out on this one. He didn't need to accept the million dollar, 1st round pick penalty.

What happened is Kraft trusted Goodell to do the right thing and got stabbed in the back.

NOW Kraft wants Roger's balls on a bonfire.

Goodell is a dead man walking.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
09-03-2015, 07:50 PM
The fumble stats?

Yeah. Pshaw.

YardRat
09-03-2015, 08:09 PM
Welcome to the WWFL.

The rules, bylaws and CBA obviously aren't worth the toilet paper they are written on.

Goodell definitely needs to go, but so does Kraft, Belichek and Brady. The last 15 years has made the league a complete joke, and the four individuals mentioned are 100% complicit.

OpIv37
09-03-2015, 08:30 PM
The fumble stats?

Yeah, who needs data that shows the Pats did something that's statically impossible to happen by random chance. **** the facts!

CommissarSpartacus
09-04-2015, 05:42 AM

You guys are insane.

"No, no, I don't care what the judge said, I don't care that there's no proof, I don't even care if they WERE set up, I don't care because THE FUMBLE STATISTICS ARE IRREFUTABLE PROOF THEY CHEATED! There's no other explanation!"

A question - if the fumble stats are a slam dunk, how come they weren't used in the Wells report?

"Oh NOE2! Save us. stats nerds, SAVE THE INTEGRITY OF PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL!"

trapezeus
09-04-2015, 07:18 AM
look at the team's values since the pats have been winners and gotten a "fanbase". In the 90's the bills, one of the lowest valued teams was 300-400MM. They were sold for $1.4BN in 2014. Having the fairly populated northeast actually interested in football has helped every single team's value. If we really think the owners care about fair play, we are being delusional.

they've let this charade go on so long that it's impossible to stop. frankly, if i was goodell, i would sing like a canary about spygate and why i destroyed the tapes. i would say, "there was more than enough evidence that they should have their championships revoked and we have enough teams asking about it, that i took the relatively mild approach of suspending one guy 4 games. boston should have just thanked me and been on its way. now we should look at clipping all 4 superbowls and expose the pats for what they are. clear cheaters."

That would be entertaining television.

- - - Updated - - -

You guys are insane.

"No, no, I don't care what the judge said, I don't care that there's no proof, I don't even care if they WERE set up, I don't care because THE FUMBLE STATISTICS ARE IRREFUTABLE PROOF THEY CHEATED! There's no other explanation!"

A question - if the fumble stats are a slam dunk, how come they weren't used in the Wells report?

says the guy who can't write the letter z.

OpIv37
09-04-2015, 07:36 AM

You guys are insane.

You've been slamming the Wells report as being incomplete this whole time. Now you are trying to say that evidence isn't real because it wasn't in the Wells report. Don't make me bust out the circular reasoning gif.

chris66
09-04-2015, 08:05 AM

Dont put to much stock in the fumble stats. They fumble less on the road than at home. Unless the home team equipment guys are cheating for them as well.

CommissarSpartacus
09-04-2015, 08:31 AM
You've been slamming the Wells report as being incomplete this whole time. Now you are trying to say that evidence isn't real because it wasn't in the Wells report. Don't make me bust out the circular reasoning gif.

Sorry, but you fumble statistics guys have been pushing the stats = cheating, which you haven't REMOTELY proved.

Now, you can CLAIM that the fumble stats = cheating, but you can't prove it. Having an event with no apparent reasonable explanation doesn't mean a crime was committed any more than any other scenario.

Now, I have no doubt that the Pats do what they can to make the balls more grippable, but there is no evidence that what they do is outside the rules.

And now, since the Wells Report's science has been thoroughly debunked, and the Pats balls WEREN'T underinflated in the Colts game, and there is NO EVIDNCE that the Pat's balls were underinflated in other games, wnhat do the stats nerds have to say NOW about why the fumble stats read the way they do.

Because there ARE other reasons besides Tom Brady and 2 goofballs pulling a fast one on the law abiding other 31 teams, whether you want to admit it or not.

CommissarSpartacus
09-04-2015, 08:33 AM
Dont put to much stock in the fumble stats. They fumble less on the road than at home. Unless the home team equipment guys are cheating for them as well.

If you google "grasping at straws", the first thing that comes up is a link to the Pats fumble stats...

trapezeus
09-04-2015, 11:17 AM

are you serious? the whole issue is that each team has their balls that they play with. if they have the balls deflated and have less fumbles overall, then the constant is that they have their own balls. there is no difference if they are on the road or at home. in aggregate the number is an outlier from the other 31 teams, meaning something other than the sheer luck is in play.

i'll wait for spartacus to pout somemore. but the only thing the newbie pat fans have to think about is regardless of the suspension they continue to dig a hole on their reputation and they will be caught and brought to light sooner than later. and it'll be pre-2000 where there are simply no pats fans around.

chris66
09-08-2015, 05:58 AM
are you serious? the whole issue is that each team has their balls that they play with. if they have the balls deflated and have less fumbles overall, then the constant is that they have their own balls. there is no difference if they are on the road or at home. in aggregate the number is an outlier from the other 31 teams, meaning something other than the sheer luck is in play.

i'll wait for spartacus to pout somemore. but the only thing the newbie pat fans have to think about is regardless of the suspension they continue to dig a hole on their reputation and they will be caught and brought to light sooner than later. and it'll be pre-2000 where there are simply no pats fans around.

Yes they bring their own balls to away games and then hand them off to the home teams ref locker room attendant. If the balls are under its because the ref let it go.

ckg927
09-10-2015, 04:58 PM
If you google "grasping at straws", the first thing that comes up is a link to the Pats fumble stats...

BZZZZZZZT! Wrong answer. But thanks for playing.

CommissarSpartacus
09-11-2015, 05:31 AM
BZZZZZZZT! Wrong answer. But thanks for playing.

You're wrong Carl. Your hate has led you down the wrong path. You are being used by bad people that aren't Tom Brady.

And worse than that, you used to be a decent fellow but lately you seem to be falling under the spell of the haters and ass holes.

The old Carl would never have said crap like this because he knew better. What happened? We always got along.

Why does it feel like you've turned on me?

feldspar
09-12-2015, 01:12 PM
Your hate has led you down the wrong path.

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130315004306/disney/images/b/b4/Darth_Vader_Reaching_Out.png

Mike
09-13-2015, 01:10 AM
the interesting thing is that the nfl has protected the pats with bizarre rule calls and oddly timed penalties throughout this 15y run. if the league just ensures that the pats have the same game day experience as the other 31 teams, then they are fairly harmless.
-when the team runs an illegal formation and converts a big momentum turning 3rd down, maybe they get flagged like the other 31 teams do.
- when a TE formation is illegal and the TE goes for a 41 yard TD, it's called back like it is for the other 31 teams.
- when a player slaps his own guys helmet after a 4th and 1 stop, it isn't converted to an automatic first down and 15 yards.
-when the qb clearly fumbles the ball, another fake rule isn't brought in to keep them in the game.
- when youre qb gets hit legally, you don't have to worry about a 15 yard phantom penalty
- when your qb mouths off incessantly, he gets an unsportsmanlike penalty.

it's all so simple, yet i know they'll still be the darling of the league. because that big boston fan base only shows up when the team is relevant.

If you believe that, why be a fan?

Mike
09-13-2015, 01:24 AM

OPiv, generally I enjoy and agree with your posts.

Clearly, every team tries to cheat and gain any advantage they can. The Colts blasted 'fake crowd noise' & changed Pass Interference rules, the Broncos cheated salary cap during their SB years, Bills had 'windgate', and every team tries to decipher signals of opponent. The only difference here is that, like most things, the Pats were better at it (cheating).

And deflategate, was a joke! The Colts had 3 of 4 balls under legal PSI during game vs Pats.... And Pats went onto win SB vs geat Seattle Team in which game balls were checked multiple times... Pats won anyway.