PDA

View Full Version : Colts have already started Game planing for Tyrod Taylor

Mike
09-03-2015, 11:02 AM
Rex should have waited before announcing the decision. Colts have already started preparing for T-Mobile

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000520575/article/colts-already-started-game-planning-for-tyrod-taylor

sukie
09-03-2015, 11:09 AM
"Hello men, We're preparing for Tyrod Taylor... Okay... we'll stack the box and make him beat us in the air. Meeting Adjourned."

trapezeus
09-03-2015, 11:16 AM
you are aware this is how nfl teams prepare for the openner, no? i don't think the bills have a ton of film to show any which way they announced. i hardly see this as newsworthy or even a diss on the bills.

some posters are trying to be in midseason pissy form at the start of september.

Skooby
09-03-2015, 11:18 AM
So the Colts will put a spy on him for containment, whoopee.

feldspar
09-03-2015, 11:29 AM
Rex should have waited before announcing the decision.

I disagree.

If the starter wasn't announced, the whole team would have been relentlessly bombarded with questions about which QB is getting the first-team reps, what they think about who, and who they think about what regarding the QB situation. Announcing the starter stops all of those distractions, which may hurt the team more that keeping the secret would help them.

Nobody has ever seen Taylor play in a real game, let alone with the skill players that are set to return, so I don't know how much knowing he will start will actually help the Colts anyway. In the preseason, teams hide more things about what they intend to do in the regular season than most people think. NOBODY knows what to expect from this offense, and I don't mean only Taylor.

Novacane
09-03-2015, 11:33 AM
you are aware this is how nfl teams prepare for the openner, no? i don't think the bills have a ton of film to show any which way they announced. i hardly see this as newsworthy or even a diss on the bills.

some posters are trying to be in midseason pissy form at the start of september.

Some posters are always in midseason pissy form

HHURRICANE
09-03-2015, 12:13 PM
I would deflate the balls. The Colts seem to have a problem with that.

psubills62
09-03-2015, 12:56 PM
So?

Oaf
09-03-2015, 12:58 PM
Sometimes you tell the enemy what you're going to do and make them stop you from doing it.

If Taylor got starter reps in practice, it would've gotten out anyway. And even if we rolled Cassel, it's the same gameplan except he can't run or throw as fast.

Forward_Lateral
09-03-2015, 01:12 PM
Perfect. You would never see a team saying "We are preparing for Matt Cassel or EJ Manuel".

If they have to keep someone to spy Taylor, that's one less guy in coverage.

Mr. Pink
09-03-2015, 01:13 PM
What's the difference in gameplanning for Cassel and Taylor outside of using one guy to spy.

It's gonna be crowd the box, stuff the run and force the QB to beat you deep.

Joe Fo Sho
09-03-2015, 01:23 PM
Oh man, should we start game planning for Luck then?

Ed
09-03-2015, 01:25 PM
Pick your poison Indy. Tyrod is going to slice and dice these fools through the air.

Pinkerton Security
09-03-2015, 01:37 PM
What's the difference in gameplanning for Cassel and Taylor outside of using one guy to spy.

It's gonna be crowd the box, stuff the run and force the QB to beat you deep.

Right, one guy out of 11 doesnt matter at all..they may as well just play with 10 guys and still have a spy.

stuckincincy
09-03-2015, 02:19 PM
Oh man, should we start game planning for Luck then?

:D:

CIN@IND tonight. If Luck plays, I'll let ya know what to look out for.

Joe Fo Sho
09-03-2015, 02:31 PM
:D:

CIN@IND tonight. If Luck plays, I'll let ya know what to look out for.

Don't tell me, tell Rex!

Last I knew, his contact info was itouchfeet@sanchize.org.

Mr. Miyagi
09-03-2015, 02:39 PM

Oh no! The Colts are game planning for T-Rod already! They have a whole week!

Wait, the Bills have been game planning for the Colts for the whole summer? That doesn't seem fair....

Night Train
09-03-2015, 03:00 PM
Obviously, they are the only team in the NFL preparing for the opener.

The other 31 teams don't know when the season starts.

MillsapsBillsFan
09-03-2015, 03:31 PM
Rex had to announce the starter the day he did. It had already gotten out to the media so there would have been 0 benefit keeping it quiet after that.

Mr. Pink
09-03-2015, 03:32 PM
Right, one guy out of 11 doesnt matter at all..they may as well just play with 10 guys and still have a spy.

Yes because no other team has ever played a running QB and this some new foreign territory that no coach in the NFL will know how to stop.

It's why players like Terrelle Pryor, Kordell Stewart, Tim Tebow became such outright studs in this league cuz no one could figure out how to stop them.

Goobylal
09-03-2015, 03:44 PM
There was no way to keep it secret for long. Ryan should have just announced it the day the decision was made so as to prevent others from breaking the (poorly kept) news.

justasportsfan
09-03-2015, 06:10 PM
Maybe Rex wanted to hold on til the last second to announce it but was forced to because he knew the Freddie news was going to cause a bad reaction.

BillsImpossible
09-03-2015, 06:50 PM
I disagree.

If the starter wasn't announced, the whole team would have been relentlessly bombarded with questions about which QB is getting the first-team reps, what they think about who, and who they think about what regarding the QB situation. Announcing the starter stops all of those distractions, which may hurt the team more that keeping the secret would help them.

Nobody has ever seen Taylor play in a real game, let alone with the skill players that are set to return, so I don't know how much knowing he will start will actually help the Colts anyway. In the preseason, teams hide more things about what they intend to do in the regular season than most people think. NOBODY knows what to expect from this offense, and I don't mean only Taylor.

Good read. Totally agree with everything you said.

How do the Colts game plan against Greg Roman's new offense?

Watkins, Woods, Clay, McCoy, perhaps the best offensive line the Bills have had in decades, and a quarterback in Tyrod Taylor that has the arm, legs, and a huge brain.

Not only is Tyrod Taylor the fastest QB in the NFL, he is also one of the smartest. He knows the playbook and understands the game like Billy Graham knows the Bible.

I think the 2015 Buffalo Bills offense will be incredible.

YardRat
09-03-2015, 08:50 PM
They were going to prepare for Tyrod anyway and have packages ready to insert even if he was named third string.

It's not like Taylor has done anything special to cause the Colts to think "Ohhhh ****...what do we do now?"

IlluminatusUIUC
09-03-2015, 11:49 PM
I think concealing the starter is an overblown advantage. We've known Andrew Luck was going to start this game since they announced it,so what?

BuffaloRedleg
09-04-2015, 12:07 AM
"Hello men, We're preparing for Tyrod Taylor... Okay... we'll stack the box and make him beat us in the air. Meeting Adjourned."

He looked pretty good throwing the ball, so I don't get this. I'm not saying he is our savior, but at least get your argument straight. The evidence available points to the idea that he is perfectly capable of throwing the ball as well as running.

Whether he can do that in a game where people gameplan is a different story, but come on. I think there is plenty of reason to be cautiously optimistic based on his preseason performance. To just ignore that is as silly as it is to say he is a bonafide franchise QB.

This is an overly simplistic view worthy of a WGR caller.

sukie
09-04-2015, 10:46 AM
I am optimistic that there really isn't any special game planning other than let's see if this guy can beat us... Stack the box.

casdhf
09-04-2015, 10:47 AM
If they're planning for Taylor, then they're going to have a spy or contain, which should free up the running game more.