PDA

View Full Version : The silver lining regarding Brady's suspension appeal...

Thurmal
09-04-2015, 05:57 PM
First of all, I'm kinda glad the suspension got rescinded b/c it seems like we actually have a team that might have a prayer of beating NE (in Buffalo, of course) this year. Wanna play them full-strength for sure.

Secondly, I am really interested to see how this affects officiating in Pats games. They completely humiliated Goodell, so I'll bet he'll put a stop to the WWE-like refereeing we've been seeing regarding the Pats the last decade. I think the days of bull**** defensive holding and personal foul penalties on 3rd downs to extend NE drives are over. They may even get called for offensive holding now!

I'm not trying to be funny, by the way; I'm dead serious. Brady and the Pats have been getting the superstar treatment for a long time with officials; now they may start getting a slice of the ole dick pie.

Beebe
09-04-2015, 06:01 PM
I sure hope so.

YardRat
09-04-2015, 06:49 PM
Why would anything change? Obviously Kraft runs the league, not Goodell, and the refs know who butters their bread.

justasportsfan
09-04-2015, 08:59 PM
It's all a ploy to make Goodell look like he's not Krafts puppet. Brady gets away , and Goodell looks like he went hard after the Pats.

Kraft, Brady and Goodell are high fiving each other and laughing at dinner at Krafts house.

Goodell "hey Tom, I told you that if you destroyed the phone we won't have a leg to stand on. No, murder weapon, no case. I'll continue to pretend to be tough on you so I look good. Mkay?"