PDA

View Full Version : Source: Seattle Seahawks sign Fred Jackson to 1 year deal

JoeMama
09-04-2015, 05:58 PM
The Seattle Seahawks have agreed to terms with free-agent running back Fred Jackson on 1-year deal, a source tells ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Jackson, 34, was released by the Bills after averaging a career low 3.7 yards per carry last season, but his 66 catches were a career high.

Pete Carroll was asked earlier this week what he liked about Jackson.

"He's been a very good pass-catcher and [an] adept pass protector," Carroll said. "He's always been a good runner. He's got great feel and sense. Had a big run in the game last week. Had a 40-yard run in the game last week and scored a touchdown. But he's been a very adept pass-receiver, and I think that's something that maybe he could fit in."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13585250/seattle-seahawks-fred-jackson-agree-one-year-deal

JoeMama
09-04-2015, 05:59 PM
Good for Freddie. Hope he gets a ring.

Thurmal
09-04-2015, 06:27 PM
Good for Fred, indeed. Will go to a winner, get reunited with Lynch, still get to be cheered by a rocking stadium, and will play with a QB that will utilize him big time in the passing game. And YOU KNOW that every team in the AFC East came calling, but he didn't want to have to come back to Buffalo wearing another team's jersey. Shades of Thurman faking that hamstring injury as a Dolphin in order to miss the Bills game at the Ralph back in 2000.

casdhf
09-04-2015, 06:47 PM
Sounds like Marshawn said to bring him in.

Mr. Cynical
09-04-2015, 08:10 PM
Wish he'd landed at Denver so I could get a two for one SB winner scenario. Really would be great to see Manning and FredEx win one, since both are exceptional leaders and deserve it. Still, I'll route for the hawks when I see them and hope FredEx gets a taste of winning a playoff game or two. This is very definitely his last year so hope it's a winner for him so he can come back and retire as a Bill.

Buffalogic
09-04-2015, 10:01 PM
^Manning won a superbowl already....vs the bears.

WagonCircler
09-04-2015, 11:35 PM
^Manning won a superbowl already....vs the bears.

Maybe he meant Archie.

HHURRICANE
09-05-2015, 02:49 AM
I'll wish him luck but we'll have the ring this year.

YardRat
09-05-2015, 05:05 AM
I'll wish him luck but we'll have the ring this year.

The stain left at the bottom of the toilet bowl after flushing the most valuable leader on the roster isn't exactly the ring we're looking for.

sudzy
09-05-2015, 05:37 AM
Great news for Fred. I'm glad he's not in NE and I hope he wins a ring, if the Bills don't.

Jimkelly12203
09-05-2015, 08:15 AM
Good for Fred, indeed. Will go to a winner, get reunited with Lynch, still get to be cheered by a rocking stadium, and will play with a QB that will utilize him big time in the passing game. And YOU KNOW that every team in the AFC East came calling, but he didn't want to have to come back to Buffalo wearing another team's jersey. Shades of Thurman faking that hamstring injury as a Dolphin in order to miss the Bills game at the Ralph back in 2000.

Agreed. I don't think he would ever wear New England's jersey. He hates them as much as we do.

That said, if you can make a couple million and that's your only choice... tough to say no. Lucky for us, he didn't have a lack of choices.

HHURRICANE
09-05-2015, 09:30 AM
The stain left at the bottom of the toilet bowl after flushing the most valuable leader on the roster isn't exactly the ring we're looking for.

A 2.5 million, constantly hurt, has been.

Love Fred but the Bills finally got it right. No more Aaron Schobel head scratching loyalty.

Guarantee Fred doesn't make it through the year in Seattle.

justasportsfan
09-05-2015, 10:00 AM
A 2.5 million, constantly hurt, has been.

Love Fred but the Bills finally got it right. No more Aaron Schobel head scratching loyalty.

Guarantee Fred doesn't make it through the year in Seattle.

Yet you want to keep a 4 million never been qb ?

HHURRICANE
09-05-2015, 10:45 AM
Yet you want to keep a 4 million never been qb ?

I never made that comparison so nice job trying to hijack my post.

The real rumor out there is that the coaching staff was pissed because Fred's hammy may not really been a problem. He was hoping to sit off the field, with fan support, guaranteeing a roster spot by not having to prove his place on the team. That's why he was so stoked about his 41 yard scamper. Guess he played poker and lost.

cookie G
09-05-2015, 10:53 AM

The real rumor out there is that the coaching staff was pissed because Fred's hammy may not really been a problem. He was hoping to sit off the field, with fan support, guaranteeing a roster spot by not having to prove his place on the team. That's why he was so stoked about his 41 yard scamper. Guess he played poker and lost.

What's the source of this real rumor
?

justasportsfan
09-05-2015, 10:54 AM

Your point is he's a has been with 2.5 million salary. You want to keep a has been with 4 million.

Nice rumor. That's why the players are upset. Sure

EricStratton
09-05-2015, 11:08 AM
What's the source of this real rumor
?

Most of the rumors posted here and in other team sites are questionable Cookie,

- - - Updated - - -

And justa QB money has always been treated differently then other position players money. It's how the system works

justasportsfan
09-05-2015, 11:23 AM
Most of the rumors posted here and in other team sites are questionable Cookie,

- - - Updated - - -

And justa QB money has always been treated differently then other position players money. It's how the system works

They point is, he's happy we got rid of a has been in one position and wants to keep a has been in another. I only brought up the salary because he did.

HHURRICANE
09-05-2015, 12:43 PM
Your point is he's a has been with 2.5 million salary. You want to keep a has been with 4 million.

Nice rumor. That's why the players are upset. Sure

Wrong again.

Aggie
09-05-2015, 06:05 PM
Well, Seattle was in the SuperBowl lAst year while the Bills haven't been in the playoffs in 15 years. Clearly the Bills know better.

HHURRICANE
09-05-2015, 06:37 PM
Fred is not signed per NFL network.

Mace
09-05-2015, 06:38 PM
I really dislike Seattle and Pete, but it takes the sting off if they bring it home this year.

GingerP
09-05-2015, 07:14 PM
Fred is not signed per NFL network.

They have agreed to a deal, the signing is a formality. They are trying to trade players and settle their roster, and Jackson will be signed as part of that.

For some reason you see a need to trash Fred, who was a class act for the Bills his entire career. I get they cut him, but that doesn't mean you have to trash him on the way out the door.

HHURRICANE
09-05-2015, 08:15 PM
They have agreed to a deal, the signing is a formality. They are trying to trade players and settle their roster, and Jackson will be signed as part of that.

For some reason you see a need to trash Fred, who was a class act for the Bills his entire career. I get they cut him, but that doesn't mean you have to trash him on the way out the door.

1) I was coming home tonight and they said their is an issue and mentioned him passing a physical. Don't shoot the messenger.

2) I did get aggressive because the fans here and everywhere overreacted. The guy is not a hall of famer and he obviously wasn't worth 2.5 million when Seattle is going to pay him a third of that.

3) I love Fred and he is a class act. That doesn't mean I have to get a TATOO and build a shrine for the guy.