• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JoeMama
    Emotion Sickness
    • Oct 2002

Source: Seattle Seahawks sign Fred Jackson to 1 year deal

The Seattle Seahawks have agreed to terms with free-agent running back Fred Jackson on 1-year deal, a source tells ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Jackson, 34, was released by the Bills after averaging a career low 3.7 yards per carry last season, but his 66 catches were a career high.

Pete Carroll was asked earlier this week what he liked about Jackson.

"He's been a very good pass-catcher and [an] adept pass protector," Carroll said. "He's always been a good runner. He's got great feel and sense. Had a big run in the game last week. Had a 40-yard run in the game last week and scored a touchdown. But he's been a very adept pass-receiver, and I think that's something that maybe he could fit in."

The Seattle Seahawks have agreed to terms with free-agent running back Fred Jackson on a one-year deal, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.
    Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.
  • JoeMama
    Emotion Sickness
    • Oct 2002

Re: Source: Seattle Seahawks sign Fred Jackson to 1 year deal

Good for Freddie. Hope he gets a ring.
    Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• Thurmal
      • Oct 2005

Good for Fred, indeed. Will go to a winner, get reunited with Lynch, still get to be cheered by a rocking stadium, and will play with a QB that will utilize him big time in the passing game. And YOU KNOW that every team in the AFC East came calling, but he didn't want to have to come back to Buffalo wearing another team's jersey. Shades of Thurman faking that hamstring injury as a Dolphin in order to miss the Bills game at the Ralph back in 2000.
      "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• casdhf
        • Jul 2002

Sounds like Marshawn said to bring him in.
        Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
        cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
          Maybe?
          • Oct 2003

Wish he'd landed at Denver so I could get a two for one SB winner scenario. Really would be great to see Manning and FredEx win one, since both are exceptional leaders and deserve it. Still, I'll route for the hawks when I see them and hope FredEx gets a taste of winning a playoff game or two. This is very definitely his last year so hope it's a winner for him so he can come back and retire as a Bill.

Comment

• Buffalogic
            Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
            • Feb 2006

^Manning won a superbowl already....vs the bears.

Comment

• WagonCircler
              Escaped Convict
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Buffalogic View Post
              ^Manning won a superbowl already....vs the bears.
              Maybe he meant Archie.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

I'll wish him luck but we'll have the ring this year.

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

Originally posted by HHURRICANE View Post
                  I'll wish him luck but we'll have the ring this year.
                  The stain left at the bottom of the toilet bowl after flushing the most valuable leader on the roster isn't exactly the ring we're looking for.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• sudzy
                    • Apr 2013

Great news for Fred. I'm glad he's not in NE and I hope he wins a ring, if the Bills don't.

Comment

• Jimkelly12203
                      • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Thurmal View Post
                      Good for Fred, indeed. Will go to a winner, get reunited with Lynch, still get to be cheered by a rocking stadium, and will play with a QB that will utilize him big time in the passing game. And YOU KNOW that every team in the AFC East came calling, but he didn't want to have to come back to Buffalo wearing another team's jersey. Shades of Thurman faking that hamstring injury as a Dolphin in order to miss the Bills game at the Ralph back in 2000.
                      Agreed. I don't think he would ever wear New England's jersey. He hates them as much as we do.

That said, if you can make a couple million and that's your only choice... tough to say no. Lucky for us, he didn't have a lack of choices.
                      All Hail Josh Allen! Savior of the Buffalo Bills!

Freedom for the Ukraine. Down with Putin and every traitor in this country that supports him.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                        The stain left at the bottom of the toilet bowl after flushing the most valuable leader on the roster isn't exactly the ring we're looking for.
                        A 2.5 million, constantly hurt, has been.

Love Fred but the Bills finally got it right. No more Aaron Schobel head scratching loyalty.

Guarantee Fred doesn't make it through the year in Seattle.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

A 2.5 million, constantly hurt, has been.

Love Fred but the Bills finally got it right. No more Aaron Schobel head scratching loyalty.

Guarantee Fred doesn't make it through the year in Seattle.
                          Yet you want to keep a 4 million never been qb ?
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                            Yet you want to keep a 4 million never been qb ?
                            I never made that comparison so nice job trying to hijack my post.

The real rumor out there is that the coaching staff was pissed because Fred's hammy may not really been a problem. He was hoping to sit off the field, with fan support, guaranteeing a roster spot by not having to prove his place on the team. That's why he was so stoked about his 41 yard scamper. Guess he played poker and lost.

Comment

• cookie G
                              • Mar 2003

I never made that comparison so nice job trying to hijack my post.

The real rumor out there is that the coaching staff was pissed because Fred's hammy may not really been a problem. He was hoping to sit off the field, with fan support, guaranteeing a roster spot by not having to prove his place on the team. That's why he was so stoked about his 41 yard scamper. Guess he played poker and lost.
                              What's the source of this real rumor
                              ?

Comment

Working...
                              X