PDA

View Full Version : McFumbles gone to at least week 6.

OpIv37
09-05-2015, 08:04 AM
http://m.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Leodis-McKelvin-to-ReserveNFI-as-Bills-release-16/df61b241-ef1d-456a-a22a-cd06ea2c309f

So Darby makes his first two starts against Brady and Luck. That'll be fun....

Night Train
09-05-2015, 08:07 AM
Safety help, here we come.

cookie G
09-05-2015, 08:49 AM
They need to move Graham back to CB and put...anyone in at safety.

Darby vs. Andre Johnson, with Andrew Luck throwing to him would be defensive suicide.

Having Brady throw his way in week 2 would be desecrating the corpse.

Ginger Vitis
09-05-2015, 09:03 AM
OPIV has hated McLovin for years and now he is suicidal because he cant play for awhile..Too funny

JoeMama
09-05-2015, 10:18 AM
http://m.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Leodis-McKelvin-to-ReserveNFI-as-Bills-release-16/df61b241-ef1d-456a-a22a-cd06ea2c309f

That sucks so bad.

I was going to dedicate an entire thread to the idea of Darby going up against Brady and Luck, but you saved me the effort.

If Derek Anderson can abuse Darby like a used Toyota Scion, I don't even want to know what Brady and Luck will do.

YardRat
09-05-2015, 10:22 AM
"Well, yeah, the kid got torched for 6 TD's and 8 PI's the first two weeks, but we were just seeing what we had in him by leaving him on an island against the best. That's the only way we're going to know, right?"

/SexyRexy

justasportsfan
09-05-2015, 10:58 AM
This is where Schwartz's scheme would have been valuable. Rush 4 and drop others to help.

HHURRICANE
09-05-2015, 11:01 AM
No Darby is good. He was left on an island. Blah, blah, blah.

I start a thread that he sucks and the homers are all in my face. Now everyone is concerned. News flash: no ****!!!!

OpIv37
09-05-2015, 11:13 AM
OPIV has hated McLovin for years and now he is suicidal because he cant play for awhile..Too funny
I don't like him but unfortunately he's still better than the alternatives we currently have.

stuckincincy
09-05-2015, 12:25 PM
I don't like him but unfortunately he's still better than the alternatives we currently have.

Aren't Gilmore and Robey penciled in as the cb starters?

JoeMama
09-05-2015, 12:37 PM

Not according to any depth charts I've seen.

stuckincincy
09-05-2015, 01:09 PM
Not according to any depth charts I've seen.

Yes - they can't be close to up-to-date today. But Robey seem the logical choice over the rookie. But I dunno about Gilmore - just an impression of mine, but the club has always been circumspect about his status.

Yet, Meeks got axed so I have to assume he will be good to go.

YardRat
09-05-2015, 01:45 PM
The mere fact that Ron Brooks made the team should give everybody a clue about this staffs intelligence regarding cornerbacks.

stuckincincy
09-05-2015, 01:51 PM
The mere fact that Ron Brooks made the team should give everybody a clue about this staffs intelligence regarding cornerbacks.

I'm beginning to think that they are becoming overconfident in believing the hype about their DL competence. Possibly the same for their LB corps.

OpIv37
09-05-2015, 02:02 PM

The article mentioned Darby but it didn't say who the starters are. Maybe they just meant that he'll play nickel. But we are playing two teams who run a lot of 4 and 5 Wr sets so he'll see a lot of time even if he's the nickel.

stuckincincy
09-05-2015, 02:30 PM
The article mentioned Darby but it didn't say who the starters are. Maybe they just meant that he'll play nickel. But we are playing two teams who run a lot of 4 and 5 Wr sets so he'll see a lot of time even if he's the nickel.

Yep - with the rules today, nickel coverage is pretty common. As is interior DL pressure to harry the qb becomes the way to combat the changes, I see BUF vulnerable on the edge runs - both Hughes and Williams are sack number hogs. If I game planning against BUF, I'd direct my players to give both of them a heavy shot in the gut during a couple of throw-away rb sweeps so their eyes would twinkle on getting that sack - then run and control the clock.

I'd also do something to tick off Kevin Williams - he's a dirty player IMO - and I think I can get penalty yards out of his actions.

None of what I type is original - how to handle BUF is pretty well known. The bombastic HC Ryan - every other club knows his tendencies - expands the possibilities.

I know that BUF under Jauron, Levy, etc., went overboard over top DB picks, but if you have what seems to be a solid DL, well, that's the time to stock up.

OpIv37
09-05-2015, 08:22 PM
Yep - with the rules today, nickel coverage is pretty common. As is interior DL pressure to harry the qb becomes the way to combat the changes, I see BUF vulnerable on the edge runs - both Hughes and Williams are sack number hogs. If I game planning against BUF, I'd direct my players to give both of them a heavy shot in the gut during a couple of throw-away rb sweeps so their eyes would twinkle on getting that sack - then run and control the clock.

I'd also do something to tick off Kevin Williams - he's a dirty player IMO - and I think I can get penalty yards out of his actions.

None of what I type is original - how to handle BUF is pretty well known. The bombastic HC Ryan - every other club knows his tendencies - expands the possibilities.

I know that BUF under Jauron, Levy, etc., went overboard over top DB picks, but if you have what seems to be a solid DL, well, that's the time to stock up.

Give me the option of a dominant DL with mediocre DB's vs dominant DB's with a mediocre DL, I'll take the better DL every time. The game and rules are designed to favor WR's over CB's, and even the best DB in the game won't be able to cover a top WR for more than 5 seconds tops. If their QB can't get the ball off clean, it doesn't matter if they have WR's running free all day.

justasportsfan
09-05-2015, 08:30 PM
No Darby is good. He was left on an island. Blah, blah, blah.

I start a thread that he sucks and the homers are all in my face. Now everyone is concerned. News flash: no ****!!!!

Oh puhlease. You were impressed with Darby and predicted Darby will be a starter then you changed your mind. Then you told us to wrap our arms around Cassel being the starter. :shakeno:

jimmifli
09-05-2015, 09:58 PM
Gilmore and Graham starting. Nickel in the nickel. Darby plays the dime. Brooks rides the pine.

Let Williams & Williams play safety. I think that puts our best 5 DBs on the field for most situations.

Oaf
09-05-2015, 10:11 PM
I'd take Darby over Duke Williams on the field.

All that stuff about Darby never getting thrown at though? I think he literally doesn't know what it's like to be thrown at.

stuckincincy
09-08-2015, 01:44 PM
Give me the option of a dominant DL with mediocre DB's vs dominant DB's with a mediocre DL, I'll take the better DL every time. The game and rules are designed to favor WR's over CB's, and even the best DB in the game won't be able to cover a top WR for more than 5 seconds tops. If their QB can't get the ball off clean, it doesn't matter if they have WR's running free all day.

I'd go for the DL strength, too. And use it for what it is. But with Ryan's defensive predilections - blitzing, 8 in the box - I think you are going to put a lot on the db's...they will likely have to step up in run support on case a rb slips through (Spiller got a lot of his big yards as teams stacked or blitzed and he popped through the line, leaving him having to beat db arm tackles).

And when they step up in run support, they potentially open the backfield to a receiver (not the star player) slipping out for an easy catch and decent YPC.

Personally, given decent interior pressure by the DTs along with having to manage the starting DE's sack-first mindset, I would tone down blitzing.

I'm a fan of cb or safety blitzing - speed to the ball carrier, and keeping my linebackers, well, backing the line and being some yards back to stymie the qb's short pass game.

:2cents:

emoulds80
09-08-2015, 04:07 PM
Gilmore and Graham starting. Nickel in the nickel. Darby plays the dime. Brooks rides the pine.

Let Williams & Williams play safety. I think that puts our best 5 DBs on the field for most situations.

that may happen. just dont want the colts to know that... either way, i think in a month once darby calms down and adjusts he will be really good

CoolBreeze
09-13-2015, 05:46 PM
Funny how this thread died and was archived. I would be interested in OpIv's feelings now towards Darby. I realize it's one game, however the kid played good.I was more impressed on well he hit and tackled. Probably should be benched for letting Luck bring him down on the interception return.

OpIv37
09-13-2015, 10:15 PM
Darby got burned a few times early but played well overall. It's only one game though. Hopefully he holds his own against Brady- could go either way.

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-14-2015, 07:37 AM
Much respect to luck for making the tackle. Tom Brady would never put himself out there like that

JoeMama
09-14-2015, 07:50 AM
Darby got burned a few times early but played well overall. It's only one game though. Hopefully he holds his own against Brady- could go either way.

What the ****, are you turning into better days?

Could go either way???

No, there's only one way this goes.

Brady abuses Darby like he's old pair of Tom Brady's gay Uggs.

Bill Cody
09-14-2015, 08:05 AM
Darby had a great game. This thread is what's gay.

JoeMama
09-14-2015, 08:07 AM
Darby had a great game. This thread is what's gay.

Luck has a slow release.

Brady does not.

Trust me, Darby gets owned next week.