PDA

View Full Version : Will the Bills make the playoffs in '15?

Oaf
09-05-2015, 09:05 PM
Where would you put your money? On making it or another failure ultimately?

jimmifli
09-05-2015, 09:51 PM

IlluminatusUIUC
09-05-2015, 10:14 PM
I thought we had a decent chance. It really did hinge on us splitting with the Patriots, which just got much harder.

Luisito23
09-05-2015, 10:19 PM
I voted yes...Gotta stay positive! :console:

Mike
09-05-2015, 11:09 PM
Should be able to go 9-7

Every year a team or 3 really surprise you and those pencilled in W's become L's and vice versa

BertSquirtgum
09-06-2015, 12:44 AM
Whoever voted no sucks at life

HHURRICANE
09-06-2015, 06:21 AM
I think if we stay relatively healthy and Tyrod throws the ball like he did in pre-season than absolutely.

Jimkelly12203
09-06-2015, 07:20 AM
after 15 years a team should make it just on sheer statistical chance alone. Combine with our new and improved roster and coaching staff and you have to figure this is the year we finally get to the post-season.

JoeMama
09-06-2015, 07:33 AM
I think we're good enough to finish 10-6.

The problem is, I think any number of teams in the AFC can finish 10-6.

So it hinges on how well we do within the conference in order in order to hold some tie-breakers. That's where I'm still iffy.

sudzy
09-06-2015, 08:17 AM
The Patriots, with Tom Brady 16 games and a chip on their shoulder, should roll in the AFC East. And the Bills play the two teams from the AFC Championship game the first two weeks. Not saying they can't make the playoffs, but, the start out behind the 8 ball.

Mr. Pink
09-06-2015, 09:39 AM
Are the Bills good enough to be better than all but 1 of these teams is the question you need to ask yourself...cuz they're not winning the east.

Miami, Baltimore, Cincy, Houston, San Diego, Kansas City...I didn't include Pittsburgh because someone has to win the North.

So there's 6 legitimate teams for 2 playoff spots, the Bills only have to better than 5 of them to make it in.

swiper
09-06-2015, 09:55 AM
after 15 years a team should make it just on sheer statistical chance alone. Combine with our new and improved roster and coaching staff and you have to figure this is the year we finally get to the post-season.

Stupidity and cheapness cannot be factored in to pure chance statistics.

Jry44
09-06-2015, 11:04 AM
I thought we had a decent chance. It really did hinge on us splitting with the Patriots, which just got much harder.

Brady is obviously great, but aside from him I don't think they got better. And the rest of the division did. I don't think they're a shoe in. We actually maych up well with them now. I think we split again this year.

Jry44
09-06-2015, 11:06 AM
Stupidity and cheapness cannot be factored in to pure chance statistics.

Cheapness? Where? Because Cassel and Fred Jackson got cut? Do you not get what it's going to cost yo keep the much younger, more talented players who's contracts are expiring?

Call me cheap, but I'll take resigning Dareus, Gilmore, Gelnn, and Bradham over keeping Fred and Cassel any day.

Jry44
09-06-2015, 11:08 AM
I think we're good enough to finish 10-6.

The problem is, I think any number of teams in the AFC can finish 10-6.

So it hinges on how well we do within the conference in order in order to hold some tie-breakers. That's where I'm still iffy.

Agreed on 10-6. The schedule is tough at this point, and the division is brutal.

Albany,n.y.
09-06-2015, 04:16 PM
I just did my NFL predictions. I pick a winner for every game & then add up the results for each team on a spreadsheet. I ended up having the Bills at 11-5, going 0-3 to start the season & then winning every other game except @ NE & @ Phil to get the top wild card seed of the 2 wild cards. I have 1 playoff win at Pittsburgh before the season ends with a loss in Indianapolis to the eventual Super Bowl Champions. So I have us starting and ending the season with losses to Indianapolis.

BertSquirtgum
09-06-2015, 04:21 PM
I just did my NFL predictions. I pick a winner for every game & then add up the results for each team on a spreadsheet. I ended up having the Bills at 11-5, going 0-3 to start the season & then winning every other game except @ NE & @ Phil to get the top wild card seed of the 2 wild cards. I have 1 playoff win at Pittsburgh before the season ends with a loss in Indianapolis to the eventual Super Bowl Champions. So I have us starting and ending the season with losses to Indianapolis.

No way they go 0-3 and come out 11-5

Albany,n.y.
09-06-2015, 04:34 PM
No way they go 0-3 and come out 11-5

Way

The Jokeman
09-06-2015, 04:55 PM
If Tyrod looks like he did in the preseason I think there's a better than 50/50 chance. If he struggles then I'm not so sure. I voted yes as have a feeling the offense is going to be better than it was last year because of the addition of talent and better coaching but we still need Tyrod/EJ to prove they can be as good if not better than Orton was last year.

BertSquirtgum
09-06-2015, 05:22 PM
Way

Not a snowballs chance in hell

swiper
09-06-2015, 08:29 PM
Way

LOL

Luisito23
09-06-2015, 08:36 PM
LOL...If this team starts 0-3, there's no way they go 11-5.

Snap back into reality.

Jimkelly12203
09-06-2015, 08:54 PM
Cheapness? Where? Because Cassel and Fred Jackson got cut? Do you not get what it's going to cost yo keep the much younger, more talented players who's contracts are expiring?

Call me cheap, but I'll take resigning Dareus, Gilmore, Gelnn, and Bradham over keeping Fred and Cassel any day.

I think he's bringing up the cash to crap era, Ralph refusing to spread signing bonuses over the course of years, refusal to pay head coaches the going rate, etc..

Rightly brought up Ralph era stuff.

T-Pegs, if anything, has the opposite problem. He's too willing to open the wallet. We're going to have a few difficult years with the salary cap after the spending spree.

Oaf
09-06-2015, 11:37 PM
Shoot, after voting, there doesn't appear to be a way to see who voted what.

Someone before voting should post the names here. It's 21-14 yes right now.

notacon
09-07-2015, 07:48 AM
The poll left out an important option.

"I don't know".

Anyone who professes a surety of the Bills making, or not making the playoffs is full of it and is like making a prediction on who will be president in 2028.

There are so many unknowns this season. I'm encouraged but not counting on anything. Should be a fun ride.

Albany,n.y.
09-07-2015, 07:56 AM
LOL...If this team starts 0-3, there's no way they go 11-5.

Snap back into reality.

The team plays 16 games. It doesn't matter what order they play the 16 games. If this is an 11 win team, it's an 11 win team if they are better than the opponent in 11 of the 16 games. It just so happens that 3 of the hardest games are the 1st 3 games of the year-at home against the 2 teams who met in the AFC championship game & then down to the expected heat in Miami. After that the schedule gets a lot easier. If those 3 games were spaced out in the schedule so that the Bills had 3-3 game winning streaks snapped by those losses nobody would bat an eye. The 1st month of the season is just that-1 month. The season ends in January, long after those early season losses are forgotten when the Bills have clinched a playoff spot. And if they win just 1 of those 1st three games, they can challenge for the division championship.

BTW: When I said Tyrod Taylor would be the starter when he signed, I was told to snap back into reality. When I guaranteed Cassel would get cut last week, I was called an idiot. Maybe it's time to start listening to me.

swiper
09-07-2015, 10:28 AM
Umm. No.

Maybe we should just call you Rex.

Mace
09-07-2015, 10:41 AM
I said yes, 10 wins and a wild card, riding the initial Ryan leadership surge and the divisions lack of familiarity with Roman's offense & blocking schemes. If they face the right opponent, maybe even a playoff win.

Not so sure how next year turns out though.

sudzy
09-07-2015, 11:22 AM
Shoot, after voting, there doesn't appear to be a way to see who voted what.

Someone before voting should post the names here. It's 21-14 yes right now.

Click on the numbers to the left. Then it will tell you who voted what.

swiper
09-07-2015, 11:59 AM
Click on the numbers to the left. Then it will tell you who voted what.

LOL. From the guy that posted the thread? MENSA members need not apply.

Famous Amos
09-07-2015, 12:06 PM
I said yes because they were 9-7 last year with a worse offense and a worse coaching staff. However, both the Jets and the Dolphins improved and New England has their ass hole quarterback back for the season opener. I'm saying 11-5 because I'm deciding to be optimistic this year.

PromoTheRobot
09-07-2015, 02:07 PM
Bills will go 0-16 because all our players suck and coaches suck but we won't have a 1st round pick because we will trade it to Seattle to get Fred Jackson back out of desperation and the team will move to Mexico City next year.

ublinkwescore
09-07-2015, 02:35 PM
The team plays 16 games. It doesn't matter what order they play the 16 games. If this is an 11 win team, it's an 11 win team if they are better than the opponent in 11 of the 16 games. It just so happens that 3 of the hardest games are the 1st 3 games of the year-at home against the 2 teams who met in the AFC championship game & then down to the expected heat in Miami. After that the schedule gets a lot easier. If those 3 games were spaced out in the schedule so that the Bills had 3-3 game winning streaks snapped by those losses nobody would bat an eye. The 1st month of the season is just that-1 month. The season ends in January, long after those early season losses are forgotten when the Bills have clinched a playoff spot. And if they win just 1 of those 1st three games, they can challenge for the division championship.

BTW: When I said Tyrod Taylor would be the starter when he signed, I was told to snap back into reality. When I guaranteed Cassel would get cut last week, I was called an idiot. Maybe it's time to start listening to me.

We are not losing any of our games in the first month. Brady or not. Greg Roman owned Belicek with San Fran and beat the pats in New England. You guys are going to see an effective offense finally worthy of complimenting our defense. Harbaugh let his ego get the better of him when he took over playcalling from Roman in SF.

ublinkwescore
09-07-2015, 02:48 PM
Surprise, surprise!!! Opiv37 voted no.

Novacane
09-07-2015, 02:56 PM
Yes they will

THRILLHO
09-07-2015, 03:09 PM
Ill step up and admit I voted no. I am worried about Tyrod Taylor, an unproven QB. I am worried about starting the season vs the Colts THEN the Patriots. I am worried about our RB situation. Sure I am excited to have McCoy but will he be healthy? And how about Karlos Williams, how effective will he be after the mystery surgery?

And more than anything I am so used to being disappointed and let down. We turned in a decent season last year, but now we have a ton of new players and new schemes, coaches, etc. The smart money is to pick 'no'. Do I hope Im wrong? Your'e damn right.

better days
09-07-2015, 03:29 PM
Ill step up and admit I voted no. I am worried about Tyrod Taylor, an unproven QB. I am worried about starting the season vs the Colts THEN the Patriots. I am worried about our RB situation. Sure I am excited to have McCoy but will he be healthy? And how about Karlos Williams, how effective will he be after the mystery surgery?

And more than anything I am so used to being disappointed and let down. We turned in a decent season last year, but now we have a ton of new players and new schemes, coaches, etc. The smart money is to pick 'no'. Do I hope Im wrong? Your'e damn right.

Well, I disagree about the smart money picking no.

I picked yes, therefore the smart money is on yes.

The Bills just missed the playoffs last year with Marrone as HC, Hackett at OC & Orton at QB.

Rex at HC, Roman at OC & Tyrod at QB has to be worth at least 2 more wins than last year & enough to make the playoffs.

trapezeus
09-08-2015, 07:05 AM
i voted yes. in truth, i can see it going either way. if tyrod starts hot and they beat the pats, that's a lot of momentum. and they could go from being a team just hopeful to making the playoffs to a legitimate threat.

on the flip side, if tyrod is just another qb who gets eaten alive in his first 4 starts with some AFC East losses, it will be very difficult.

I also think last year's defense was fairly lucky on the injury front. i don't know if that can still be maintained or hoped for.

my last thought is that the bills pre-season was remarkably better than the last couple years. the excuse making for ugly performances weren't there (its plain vanilla, we aren't game planning), mostly because the performances weren't ugly. Tyrod looked accurate in the 2 games i saw of him. passes were catchable, 3rd down converted. that's more reason for excitement than not.

sukie
09-08-2015, 07:53 AM
I suck at life , I guess. I voted no and still believe 7-9 unless Tyrod is magical.

The AFC east is brutal. I have us finishing 3rd in the division... Unless Miami chokes on there first 5 games that are really winnable for them. Yes they have the Bills as winnable.