PDA

View Full Version : ESPN: 2015 Season Predictions

Mike
09-07-2015, 02:58 PM
Interesting article with a lot of stats regarding Bills offense & defense.

NFL 2015 Season Predictions, Part 1: The Cellar Dwellers « http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nfl-2015-season-predictions-part-1-the-cellar-dwellers/?appsrc=sc via ESPN App http://es.pn/app

How Many Wins Do You Predict?

Novacane
09-07-2015, 03:04 PM
How Many Wins Do You Predict?

better days
09-07-2015, 03:41 PM
I don't care if Tanny is the QB, only an IDIOT would predict the Bills win only 4 games.

But I would rather a losing season, than 8-8 or 9-7 with Cassel at QB.

I predict the Bills win at least 10 games.

Mr. Pink
09-07-2015, 03:51 PM
I think they fall in the middle of that best case/worst case outcome and finish around .500

That's usually how things work out in this league, you get some bounces, you lose some bounces.

TacklingDummy
09-07-2015, 05:06 PM
6-10 to 9-7

So I'm a worst case guy, I'll go with 6-10.

Night Train
09-07-2015, 05:44 PM
I remember last year when USA Today predicted 3 wins and the resident Debbie Downer fan club celebrated, buying a lifetime subscription.

DraftBoy
09-07-2015, 05:52 PM
Everything hinges on the QB and OL play. If they are solid the team could win 8-9 games, if they aren't it could 4-5 wins.

I'll thinking 6-10, 7-9 season right now, but I'd be happy to be wrong.

imbondz
09-07-2015, 06:02 PM
'Taylor and Manuel at quarterback could very well be one of the worst passing combinations in recent memory.'

Ugh. That looks bad on paper. I'm preparing for another 7-9 year. Win 1. Lose 1. Win 2. Lose 3...

thenry20
09-07-2015, 06:19 PM
Everything hinges on the QB and OL play. If they are solid the team could win 8-9 games, if they aren't it could 4-5 wins.

My thoughts exactly except we make the playoffs with 10 wins.

Mace
09-07-2015, 06:45 PM
I dunno. I read the article, and while I have my doubts about this long term, I just don't see them being so bad.

The more I think about it, regarding the defense, what makes them scarier ? Aggression. I didn't think the Cardinals were all that great last year on defense, but Bowles was hyper aggressive. That made them better, and scarier. No prevent, they'd just blitz play after play after play in the games I saw. When you get scared of your opponents defense, you change your game plan, you change your game plan and you're already in trouble. I think that defense is worth at least 6 wins.

I think the offense, with the weapons they have, can steal 2. I think Ryan's magical charisma steals 2 more.

My biggest concern obviously is the offense. But there's minimal chance to lose games in a Roman offense, compared to say, Schottenheimer or Morninwheg that Ryan had in NY.

Biggest subtractions from a 9-7 team are biggest additions, Marrone, Hackett, and Pat Morris. I just can't see them doing worse unless they get crippled by injuries and circus problems from poor discipline. I think the latter will come over time.

Leads me back to 10 and 6. In a blue moon, and no telling if Taylor has the stuff, maybe even better.

This year will go well. Not sure next will, but this one will.

HHURRICANE
09-07-2015, 07:14 PM
12-4

Book it.

YardRat
09-07-2015, 07:53 PM
I don't see us beating New England, again. The Jets and Dolphins are good enough to split. That's two wins, four division losses.
The NFC East is much tougher than the North, I don't think another sweep is in the cards, probably a split there also. On paper we should beat NYG and Washington and are overmatched against Philly and Dallas. 2-2 there gets us to 4 and 6.
We just might steal one against Indy. Titans and Jags at 'home' should be W's, maybe even the Texans here at home. Maybe we sweep the AFC South this year, but historically Rex is a .500 coach against conference opponents. Still, I'll be an optimistic 3-1. That's 7-7.
A Cincinnati win at home, and loss on the road to KC rounds out to 8-8.

Worst case scenario the team gets smoked out of the gate (2-5 at the bye), suffers an average amount of injuries (which would be more than last year), most players don't realize their 'potential' and the team struggles to 4-12. Best case the defense remains dominant, the offense makes some pretty good strides to reach competent, and they catch more breaks than not to get to double-digit wins and the playoffs (10-6, maybe even 11-5). I'm sticking around the .500 mark, however, until I see how the team plays when the outcomes really start counting.

Don't Panic
09-07-2015, 08:04 PM
We have the best DL in football and a ton of weapons on offense, with the QB potentially being one of them. 4-12?? Is this a joke? I guess any team could finish that poorly but we are not built for that kind of 'realistic' basement. WCS we go 7-9 based on the fact that our offense is simply sub-par and our D only slightly above average. MUCH more likely BCS is a 12-4 record and #2 seed. 10-6 feels like a pretty good split to me, but I still see this team going 11-5.

Mace
09-07-2015, 08:21 PM
I don't see us beating New England, again. The Jets and Dolphins are good enough to split. That's two wins, four division losses.
The NFC East is much tougher than the North, I don't think another sweep is in the cards, probably a split there also. On paper we should beat NYG and Washington and are overmatched against Philly and Dallas. 2-2 there gets us to 4 and 6.
We just might steal one against Indy. Titans and Jags at 'home' should be W's, maybe even the Texans here at home. Maybe we sweep the AFC South this year, but historically Rex is a .500 coach against conference opponents. Still, I'll be an optimistic 3-1. That's 7-7.

Worst case scenario the team gets smoked out of the gate (2-5 at the bye), suffers an average amount of injuries (which would be more than last year), most players don't realize their 'potential' and the team struggles to 4-12. Best case the defense remains dominant, the offense makes some pretty good strides to reach competent, and they catch more breaks than not to get to double-digit wins and the playoffs (10-6, maybe even 11-5). I'm sticking around the .500 mark, however, until I see how the team plays when the outcomes really start counting.

Mr. Frownypuss Preseason Gloomypants. That's FPG. You know what that stands for ? Er, Frownypuss Preseason Gloomypants, so there.

BertSquirtgum
09-07-2015, 09:17 PM

No

BertSquirtgum
09-07-2015, 09:25 PM
11-5. Mark it down.

ICRockets
09-07-2015, 10:20 PM

I love that YardRat of all people is predicting 8-8. Way to split it right down the middle like always.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-07-2015, 11:15 PM
4-12 isn't his prediction, it's his worst case scenario. Barnwell gave his prediction on a pod cast a little while back, I think it was 7-9.

Barnwell is an analytics guy and the Buffalo Bills' last few offseasons have been terrible from that POV, so I'm not surprised he would put us in the basement group.

YardRat
09-08-2015, 04:57 AM
I love that YardRat of all people is predicting 8-8. Way to split it right down the middle like always.

I considered flirting with the extremes, but only dumbasses live in a 0-16, 16-0 world.

What's your prediction?

ICRockets
09-08-2015, 08:49 AM
I considered flirting with the extremes, but only dumbasses live in a 0-16, 16-0 world.

What's your prediction?

I think we can make it to 11-5, but I worry we might be a little too injury prone to be our ideal selves this year. I'm gonna say we drop a couple games because of that and go 9-7.

sukie
09-08-2015, 01:47 PM

WINNING ONLY 2 IN THE EAST MAKES US not MAKE THE POST SEASON.

chris66
09-08-2015, 02:56 PM
8. according to you guys the nfl is fixed. If that's the case Blo is to small a market to get to the playoffs