PDA

View Full Version : Bills workout K Billy Cundiff

The Jokeman
09-07-2015, 03:22 PM
http://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/825409

He might not be as accurate as Carpenter but has kicked in bad weather cities like Cleveland and Baltimore and yet he has a better career touch back percentage than Gay. I'm not say he's a sure fire sign but definitely a guy to think about.

better days
09-07-2015, 03:35 PM
http://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/825409

He might not be as accurate as Carpenter but has kicked in bad weather cities like Cleveland and Baltimore and yet he has a better career touch back percentage than Gay. I'm not say he's a sure fire sign but definitely a guy to think about.

So, cut Gay & sign Cundiff.

Mr. Pink
09-07-2015, 03:36 PM
Cundiff was shaky last year which is why Cleveland decided to replace him this year.

But Carpenter has been shaky this preseason and that's usually when kickers get replaced.

Mr. Miyagi
09-07-2015, 03:37 PM
Has Carpenter really lost it already based on a couple missed kicks? We're ready to kick him to the curb (no pun intended)?

ct bills fan
09-07-2015, 04:01 PM
Agree about Carpenter. Bring cundiff in for a tryout and if Carpenter continues to struggle replace him. Cundiff's 78% accuracy in the last 3 years doesn't exactly scream "sign me."

Albany,n.y.
09-07-2015, 04:06 PM
He's horrible. I'd rather have Gay kicking field goals.

Meathead
09-07-2015, 04:26 PM
that unfortunately is the way it is with nfl kickers. you dont get many chances to slump, especially in preseason, and especially after being injured. yeah they might be jumping the gun a little but its not unwise to be working out kickers

Night Train
09-07-2015, 05:11 PM
Last season, we beat Detroit 17-16. Lions K Alex Henery missed 3 FG's that game and was cut the next day.

He was here today also.

I think I'll take my chances with Carpenter.

The Jokeman
09-07-2015, 05:22 PM
So, cut Gay & sign Cundiff.

I may have misquoted my stats as Cundiff stats before moving the football to the 25 look worse than Gay's. Yet after Cundiff's are better.

trapezeus
09-07-2015, 07:09 PM
Gay was also asked to do short high kicks at times last year. I would think you'd have to scrub the stats of intentionally short kicks which happened during the season.

ultimately, I hope they keep trying out kickers and that carpenter takes the challenge well and keeps beating the comp and remains our kicker.

Maybe be a blow out or two early where we don't need to rely on him will let him rest up and get of sound health and mind.

OpIv37
09-07-2015, 09:06 PM
http://www.sportspickle.com/2012/01/ravens-official-team-store-reminds-you-that-billy-cundiff-is-a-choker

jimmifli
09-07-2015, 09:16 PM
I'll take Jesus with a case of the yips over these guys.

My prescription is a tin cup marathon and a round of golf with John Daly. Mace and I round out the foursome. Dan will be fine by Sunday.

Mr. Miyagi
09-08-2015, 08:15 AM
Bring back Steve Christie.

gebobs
09-08-2015, 11:05 AM
Same old Bills. Preseason ends for the rest of the league. It's just getting cranked up in Buffalo.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-08-2015, 11:55 AM
Has Carpenter really lost it already based on a couple missed kicks? We're ready to kick him to the curb (no pun intended)?

The thing to remember here is that Carpenter ran cold in Miami. His two years in Buffalo have been significantly better then his previous three years with the Dolphins, which would be concerning because most would expect some regression in their stats when they go to a worse kicking environment.

The concern is that his last two years are the aberration and he's reverting to form.

Skooby
09-08-2015, 12:26 PM
I'm glad we're trying to replace Carpenter now, what timing.

Night Train
09-08-2015, 12:54 PM
I'm glad we're trying to replace Carpenter now, what timing.

I believe they are just holding tryouts, just in case he bombs and they have to make a quick decision.. All teams do that.

I still want Carpenter right now.

stuckincincy
09-08-2015, 02:00 PM
The thing to remember here is that Carpenter ran cold in Miami. His two years in Buffalo have been significantly better then his previous three years with the Dolphins, which would be concerning because most would expect some regression in their stats when they go to a worse kicking environment.

The concern is that his last two years are the aberration and he's reverting to form.

Add in the new XP kick rules...