PDA

View Full Version : So the Bills using salary to decide who gets on the field?

ghz in pittsburgh
09-08-2015, 12:48 PM
The Cassel making $4 million plus was cut. The Bills were ready to roll with EJ had Cassel signed with someone else or not willing to take minimum.

In other words, should Tyrod gets hurt, EJ would be the guy on the field taking every offensive snaps.

Then the Cassell who is likely making vet minimum is signed back and now he is the one who would get on the field should Tyrod gets hurt.

If I'm not mistaken, it is the same player, Cassel. You would think they rank players and put them on the field based on ability alone, or officially "who is the best to help us win."

Night Train
09-08-2015, 12:51 PM
It's $ and Cassel only made his big salary if he was starting.

I'm a fan of Manuel being the #2 but obviously the Bills have told us today they don't trust him and he's done here. Last year of contract and it wouldn't surprise me if he's dealt for a pick if someone calls this week.

Victor7
09-08-2015, 12:52 PM
Or they talked to Cassel and told him the whole plan from the start.

Cassel is a veteran so once he was cut he was free to sign anywhere, no waivers or anything like that. Odds are Bills told him they wanted him back but for less coin. MC agreed (unless another team offered stupid $ I suppose) and he's back here. EJ was never really intended to be the 2 IMO.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-08-2015, 12:56 PM
It's $ and Cassel only made his big salary if he was starting.

I'm a fan of Manuel being the #2 but obviously the Bills have told us today they don't trust him and he's done here. Last year of contract and it wouldn't surprise me if he's dealt for a pick if someone calls this week.

EJ has two more years. The last one being a team option for $12 million.

WagonCircler
09-08-2015, 12:57 PM
You would think they rank players and put them on the field based on ability alone, or officially "who is the best to help us win."

They just did.

- - - Updated - - -

In other words, Manuel has one more year.

Night Train
09-08-2015, 12:57 PM

He's done here.

GreedoII
09-08-2015, 12:59 PM
you want to get Dareus signed..this is the process....

POTLAND PSILBYLO
09-08-2015, 01:30 PM
Or they talked to Cassel and told him the whole plan from the start.

Cassel is a veteran so once he was cut he was free to sign anywhere, no waivers or anything like that. Odds are Bills told him they wanted him back but for less coin. MC agreed (unless another team offered stupid $ I suppose) and he's back here. EJ was never really intended to be the 2 IMO.

Or there's really no #2 or #3 in the Bills' brass' mind. They just #2'd him so he'd feel happy. It's all bull****.

Victor7
09-08-2015, 01:35 PM
Or there's really no #2 or #3 in the Bills' brass' mind. They just #2'd him so he'd feel happy. It's all bull****.

Nah man

He was No. 1 or 2 throughout camp. Then there's also the reports that Roman wanted him to start over Taylor. This isn't to keep him happy.

This is normal. This is the same we saw in camp. I know the EJ crows is not pleased. But in the words of our current dumb generation. It is what it is.