PDA

View Full Version : FredEx.

Mr. Cynical
09-08-2015, 02:51 PM
Still bummed.

JoeMama
09-08-2015, 03:32 PM
Me too.

I'm pulling for him in Seattle. I want to see him get a ring.

I can't think of a more deserving player in the NFL.

trapezeus
09-08-2015, 03:43 PM
if the seahawks get a 1st and goal from the 1 with seconds to play in the superbowl, maybe this time, they'll call the running play. and that's why they want some more backs!

i agree, i hope fred has some playoff success.

Mr. Cynical
09-08-2015, 03:48 PM
if the seahawks get a 1st and goal from the 1 with seconds to play in the superbowl, maybe this time, they'll call the running play. and that's why they want some more backs!

FredEx delivers. Every. Damn. Time. People talk about his lack of 1,000 yard seasons, but what they don't say is how and when he got his yards. I wish I had the stats, but I would bet that a ton of it came at *critical* moments in the game, and on 3rd downs. He may not be (or ever was) an elite runner, but when you needed those yards, he got them. And this is outside the fact that he was just plain awesome as a leader and person.

Anyway, I know I'm crying over spilt milk. It will ease up when the season starts. And then I'll be rooting for him for sure when he gets his touches.

trapezeus
09-08-2015, 03:50 PM
agreed. he has that magical way of getting small or turning sideways or making a guy miss. it was never his elite speed. it was just his ability to do what it takes to get the yards.

Buffalogic
09-08-2015, 03:58 PM
Let it go.

Oaf
09-08-2015, 04:10 PM
Me too.

I'm pulling for him in Seattle. I want to see him get a ring.

I can't think of a more deserving player in the NFL.

Takeo Spikes comes to mind.

agreed. he has that magical way of getting small or turning sideways or making a guy miss. it was never his elite speed. it was just his ability to do what it takes to get the yards.

+1. I still don't get how we're better with a rook 5th rounder back there. And then there's rumors we were trying to trade Brown? I don't know what the hell these guys are thinking. Dixon is a scrub compared to both.

JoeMama
09-08-2015, 04:13 PM

Ditto.

Freddie can still sprint past guys a decade younger than him and anyone who's watched Buffalo Bills football in the last 9 years knows he has the best stiff arm in the NFL, hands down.

I think he's going to do great things as Marshawn's backup.

I was browsing the Seahawks forum and they were taunting us about cutting Freddie. Thanks for the free awesome RB!

CommissarSpartacus
09-08-2015, 04:41 PM
Fred was ALWAYS treated as an embarrassment to management.

Every year they did their best to supplant him with someone brought in the standard way. They couldn't stand the fact Fred had shown all the big brains to be wrong year after year after year.

No one that works in scouting or player development likes to see a star come out of nowhere. Makes the whole profession look bad.

swiper
09-08-2015, 04:45 PM

Every year they did their best to supplant him with someone brought in the standard way. They couldn't stand the fact Fred had shown all the big brains to be wrong year after year after year.

No one that works in scouting or player development likes to see a star come out of nowhere. Makes the whole profession look bad.

Just stop it.

JoeMama
09-08-2015, 04:54 PM

That's 100% true.

Whaley doesn't want a guy who ALWAYS beats the odds in there making his draft picks look bad.

Every year they say Freddie's done and every year Freddie proves everyone wrong.

It's been happening since 2010 and continues to this day.

Oaf
09-08-2015, 04:56 PM
Ditto.

Freddie can still sprint past guys a decade younger than him and anyone who's watched Buffalo Bills football in the last 9 years knows he has the best stiff arm in the NFL, hands down.

I think he's going to do great things as Marshawn's backup.

I was browsing the Seahawks forum and they were taunting us about cutting Freddie. Thanks for the free awesome RB!

I guess if the 5th rounder with the single ball performs this year or in '16 (or Brown), it'll be worth it.

One point, though, is that McCoy IS a 3rd-down back. When healthy, he doesn't come off the field like Lynch will.

JoeMama
09-08-2015, 05:00 PM
Takeo Spikes comes to mind.

Spikes was an amazing player.

I feel bad for him because Spikes has the distinction of playing in 219 regular season games without a playoff appearance, which is the most in NFL history

CommissarSpartacus
09-08-2015, 05:05 PM
Just stop it.

Take your own advice.

swiper
09-08-2015, 05:11 PM
Take your own advice.

Yet I haven't started anything like you have.

DynaPaul
09-08-2015, 05:22 PM
We're a gold mine for Seattle RBs.

Mr. Cynical
09-08-2015, 05:31 PM
And then I read this just now. Like pouring a truckload of salt on the wound. Go win it Freddy, come back, retire a Bill and then let's get you on the Wall asafp.

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- One young Bills fan got the surprise of a lifetime when he opened the door to find Fred Jackson looking for him over the holiday weekend.
Bills fans across Western New York are still dismayed the veteran running back was released by the team after almost 10 years, and Drew Wagner is no exception. He made a sign thanking number 22 and placed it along McKinley Parkway near his home.
http://www.twcnews.com/nys/buffalo/news/2015/09/8/fred-jackson-visits-bills-fan.html

JoeMama
09-08-2015, 06:28 PM
And then I read this just now. Like pouring a truckload of salt on the wound. Go win it Freddy, come back, retire a Bill and then let's get you on the Wall asafp.

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- One young Bills fan got the surprise of a lifetime when he opened the door to find Fred Jackson looking for him over the holiday weekend.
Bills fans across Western New York are still dismayed the veteran running back was released by the team after almost 10 years, and Drew Wagner is no exception. He made a sign thanking number 22 and placed it along McKinley Parkway near his home.
http://www.twcnews.com/nys/buffalo/news/2015/09/8/fred-jackson-visits-bills-fan.html

Thanks for posting.

Wagner said he was a bit tongue-tied when Jackson showed up at his door.

"He asked me if I was the one to make the sign and I was like, 'Yeah that was me, I'm really sad that you're leaving so I wanted to do something about it,’” said Wagner. “He's like, 'Thank you. I really appreciate it and I really appreciate everybody here in this whole city and everything.'"

Wagner said the visit only lasted about seven or eight minutes, but the memory will last a lifetime.

Freddie is the greatest post-Kelly era player to put on a Bills uniform.

I'm still upset that he's gone.

And I don't think that feeling is going to pass for a long time.

HHURRICANE
09-08-2015, 09:02 PM
I hate the stupidity over Fred.

Great player. But at 34 it's time to move on and he wasn't worth 2.5 million. Nobody has been able to justify those two points.

Oaf
09-08-2015, 09:08 PM
But at 34 it's time to move on and he wasn't worth 2.5 million. Nobody has been able to justify those two points.

Okay. 1) I thought we were in "win now" mode? 2) If we kept him and cut another back like Dixon, it's only a $1.5M swing. Easily worth it for his RB/WR/FB capabilities.

Mike13
09-08-2015, 09:59 PM
Freddie Mitchell hasnt been in the NFL for years

Mr. Cynical
09-08-2015, 10:24 PM
I hate the stupidity over Fred.

Great player. But at 34 it's time to move on and he wasn't worth 2.5 million. Nobody has been able to justify those two points.

Well as for the money, he said he wasn't even asked to restructure. Considering that he took $900K from Seattle, I think it's fair to say that it wasn't really about the money. So I still can't wrap my head around this, especially since they are trying to trade Brown. That means they figured Dixon at $1.25M was worth more than Fred for even less (if they had even bothered to ask him) So again, it wasn't about the money (at least not the primary reason) There had to be something else, something Whaley wanted and he got his wish. He's the GM so it is his prerogative, and his job, so it is what it is.

Still sucks. Still doesn't make sense. But yeah, it's time to move on. Just felt like posting one more time to vent.