PDA

View Full Version : If I'm Colts Offense, I'd ...

ghz in pittsburgh
09-09-2015, 05:32 AM
First try out Frank Gore on the Dareus-less Bills D line. Any success there plus Luck at the helm will make it an easy game.

If the running game is not successful, I'd try to push 5 wide to spread out secondary and create more 1 on 1 match ups. Luck, just like Thurman pointed out yesterday, is very good at viewing the whole field and finding a favorable match up quickly. With the Bills missing McKelvin and is starting rookie Darby, there are more of a chance getting a favorable one-on-one, or some wide receiver grouping that causes confusion/natural receiver screening among defenders. This is also the way to minimize the exposure of O-Line to Bills strong D-Line.

There could also be no huddle element added in. Get a favorable grouping, keep it and drive it down. The Pats under Brady were pretty good at that. Now Roethlisberger and the Steelers are doing it more often as well.

Night Train
09-09-2015, 05:35 AM
Corbin Bryant has been great since last year. I don't think the Bills lose much of anything with him in the middle.

They will attack Darby until he gets safety help or Graham moves there and Rambo comes in at Safety.

k-oneputt
09-09-2015, 06:38 AM
Going 5 wide leaves your qb vulnerable to taking hits. The way Rex likes to blitz and with the Bills pass rushers I don't know if you want to leave Luck hanging out there like that.

sdbillsfan2
09-09-2015, 07:53 AM
I have a feeling Darby is going to get toasted more then a few times. He showed me nothing in pre season to make me comfortable.

Buffalogic
09-09-2015, 07:56 AM
They are just going to go after Darby all game.

EDS
09-09-2015, 08:57 AM
It will be interesting to see if the Bills line-up Gilmore one-on-one against Hilton (the Colts #1 receiver) or put him on their #2 (Johnson?) while doubling Hilton. The Colts do have some dangerous young receivers in Moncrief and Dorsett in that both have a lot of speed and talent but are still unproven. The Colts TE's are also legit receiving threats so the key for the Bills defense will obviously be getting pressure on Luck - and I think this is where the Bills will miss Dareus the most.

Victor7
09-09-2015, 09:40 AM
Throw to whoever Ronald Darby is covering. Like on 2 out of every 3 plays. Seriously.

The Jokeman
09-09-2015, 10:36 AM
It will be interesting to see if the Bills line-up Gilmore one-on-one against Hilton (the Colts #1 receiver) or put him on their #2 (Johnson?) while doubling Hilton. The Colts do have some dangerous young receivers in Moncrief and Dorsett in that both have a lot of speed and talent but are still unproven. The Colts TE's are also legit receiving threats so the key for the Bills defense will obviously be getting pressure on Luck - and I think this is where the Bills will miss Dareus the most.

As a Bills fan I'd rather have Gilmore on Hilton as he's a big playmaker with his speed. Andre Johnson is still a good WR but I think Darby is athletic enough to hang with him and maybe help him with Aaron Williams he can be less dangerous. That means Corey Graham is going to have to be good against Dwayne Allen. Yet the biggest thing is Kyle Williams needs to hold his gap and not be too aggressive as if not it leaves prone to getting gashed by Gore or even Luck, as let's not forget Andrew can run the ball. That said Brown and Bradham can be thumpers as long as they have a clean shot at the runner and why Kyle has to be a clogger not a splitter. I was a little concerned though that Lawson wasn't practicing as think he'd likely be covering Fleener who can also be dangerous. I know people think Luck as a superior QB but he is human. Look at what he did last year against the Browns. To me we're going to win or lose more based on the play of our QB than the play of the opposition.

Yasgur's Farm
09-09-2015, 10:38 AM
Going 5 wide = 1 on 1 coverage... That leaves 6 D not in coverage vs 5 O-line + Luck. That's not good for Luck.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-09-2015, 12:08 PM
Going 5 wide = 1 on 1 coverage... That leaves 6 D not in coverage vs 5 O-line + Luck. That's not good for Luck.

TY Hilton or Andre Johnson in 1 on 1 coverage isn't good for us either.

The best way to beat Luck is to keep the ball away. Just pound pound pound that team in the run game like the Patriots have and probably go for a few short 4th downs rather then settle for field goals. The more you can make Luck pass, the less it will hurt to miss Dareus and the more shots we can get on him with our edge rushers.

justasportsfan
09-09-2015, 01:57 PM
They are just going to go after Darby all game.

Throw to whoever Ronald Darby is covering. Like on 2 out of every 3 plays. Seriously.

Don't you think Rex knows this?

If I'm the colts I'd look towards Gilmore. Bills are more likely to leave him in his own Island . Gilmore although solid has been beaten a lot too. A great qb like Luck can beat him.

Generalissimus Gibby
09-09-2015, 02:12 PM
I think putting this in the loss column before we have even seen a down of meaningful football is a tad premature. I think Indy is good, but I think our DL is deep as far as talent, and I think we have a fairly decent chance to win.

The Jokeman
09-09-2015, 02:31 PM
I think putting this in the loss column before we have even seen a down of meaningful football is a tad premature. I think Indy is good, but I think our DL is deep as far as talent, and I think we have a fairly decent chance to win.

If we want to be thought as serious playoff contenders this is the type of game we should win. It's at home, the crowd will be hyped etc. Also I think our strengths on offense really should hurt the Colts D. Yet to me it's 50/50 as it's one of winnable games but at same time in recently have found ways to lose them. I think of the Cowboys Monday night game, the Cleveland EJ injury game, the Falcons Chandler dropped pass, McKelvin drumped punt game against New England as similar type games.

Mr. Pink
09-09-2015, 04:02 PM
find Ronald Darby.

Throw to whoever he's covering all game long.

alohabillsfan
09-09-2015, 04:35 PM
I'd start my back up QB and save Luck for the next 15 weeks 😜

JoeMama
09-09-2015, 05:13 PM
If I'm the Colts offense, I'd laugh my ass off that Ronald Darby is starting and throw in his direction all day.

YardRat
09-09-2015, 05:46 PM
Gilmore will be on the right, and Darby on the left, regardless of where Hilton and Johnson line up.

BillsImpossible
09-09-2015, 05:53 PM
Be soiling myself.

BillsImpossible
09-09-2015, 05:57 PM
If I'm the Colts offense, I'd laugh my ass off that Ronald Darby is starting and throw in his direction all day.

Maybe that is what Rex wants?

Darby is the worm, Rex has him on a hook and he's trying to get Luck to bite.

I wouldn't be surprised if Darby has a great game and gets a pick.

Mace
09-09-2015, 06:41 PM
For the heck of it, I looked up Luck's career splits. He's 33-15 wins and losses so far in his career. 16-2 against his division. That means he's 17-13 against the rest of the league. 26-10 against AFC teams, but remove the 16-2 in his division and he's 10-8.

If I'm the Colts offense I'd play like I was facing an AFC South team and hope the opponent played like an AFC South team.