PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy 2015 - How do you think I did?

ELAYAS
09-09-2015, 06:52 AM
We had our draft last night. 12-team league 3WR standard scoring. I was picking 9th overall. Here is my roster followed by each pick:

QB - Sam Bradford
RB - Jeremy Hill, Jonathan Stewart, Doug Martin, Knile Davis, David Johnson, Jerick McKinnon
WR - Jordan Matthews, Steve Smith, Allen Robinson, Nelson Agholor, Devin Funchess, Allen Hurns
TE - Rob Gronkowski
K - Brandon McManus
DEF - Cardinals

9 - Rob Gronkowski - TE - NE
16 - Jeremy Hill - RB - CIN
33 - Jonathan Stewart - RB - CAR
40 - Jordan Matthews - WR - PHI
57 - Doug Martin - RB - TB
64 - Steve Smith - WR - BAL
81 - Allen Robinson - WR - JAC
88 - Nelson Agholor - WR - PHI
105 - Devin Funchess - WR - CAR
112 - Sam Bradford - QB - PHI
129 - Cardinals - DEF - ARI (Autopick)
136 - Knile Davis - RB - KC
153 - David Johnson - RB - ARI
160 - Allen Hurns - WR - JAC
177 - Brandon McManus - K - DEN
184 - Jerick McKinnon - RB - MIN (Autopick)

A few interesting guys available are Matt Jones, Markus Wheaton, Kamar Aiken, Tyrod Taylor

senseofdoom
09-09-2015, 07:33 AM
I'd be nervous running with Bradford as your only QB given his injury history.

The King
09-09-2015, 07:44 AM
Yuck.

ELAYAS
09-09-2015, 07:49 AM
Yuck.

Care to elaborate?

The King
09-09-2015, 08:07 AM
Care to elaborate?
This team sucks.

ELAYAS
09-09-2015, 11:33 AM
This team sucks.

Thanks, that was enlightening.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-09-2015, 11:49 AM
Thanks, that was enlightening.

I'll elaborate. You have one QB with a very bad injury history, and you've also double down on two of his wideouts so if he goes down (and on your bye) you lose a huge chunk of offense. You've also doubled down on Jaguars, which I guess is a cue that you are high on Bortles, but I am not. You also have several guys playing against your fantasy defense in the playoffs.

ELAYAS
09-09-2015, 12:07 PM
Now, this was enlightening regarding your opinion. Thank you!

I'm taking a chance with the eagles because of the number of plays they run, that's why they were rated high on my board. As for QBs, I don't care much about them (should have mentioned it's a 4pt per pass TD league). Never drafted one high, always replaced them with nice enough production from waiver guys. QBs are easily replaceable, there's no much drop in production.

About the jaguars, I'm high on Robinson, Hurns is pretty much a dart throw, as I've read some good things about him.

Some tilt during my draft picked a defense high for me instead of the next guy on my list. I don't care much about the Cardinals this year, but I'll play the matchups with some waiver picks.

Really appreciate the feedback! Thanks!

The Jokeman
09-09-2015, 12:54 PM
Now, this was enlightening regarding your opinion. Thank you!

I'm taking a chance with the eagles because of the number of plays they run, that's why they were rated high on my board. As for QBs, I don't care much about them (should have mentioned it's a 4pt per pass TD league). Never drafted one high, always replaced them with nice enough production from waiver guys. QBs are easily replaceable, there's no much drop in production.

About the jaguars, I'm high on Robinson, Hurns is pretty much a dart throw, as I've read some good things about him.

Some tilt during my draft picked a defense high for me instead of the next guy on my list. I don't care much about the Cardinals this year, but I'll play the matchups with some waiver picks.

Really appreciate the feedback! Thanks!

Hurns might be good but as IlluminatusUIUC eluded you're double up on WRs team, I tried this ages ago with Scott Mitchell, Michael Jackson and Brett Perriman in Baltimore and it cost me severely. So now I rarely double up QB/WR/RB on the same team as it puts too much pressure for the Eagles to be on every week. I'd try and move Nelson Agholor and Martin for a solid #2 RB and maybe and a WR who might step up this year (see a Robert Woods type). You might be wise dumping Hurns and getting a back up QB. I'm also indifferent about your RBs. Hill was great down the stretch last year but DeAngelo might get limited carries after Week 2. Martin has a chance but I am sour after having him last year and not sure their OL has improved enough and playing with a rookie QB spells a lot of 8 in the box defenses.

ELAYAS
09-09-2015, 01:19 PM
Hurns might be good but as IlluminatusUIUC eluded you're double up on WRs team, I tried this ages ago with Scott Mitchell, Michael Jackson and Brett Perriman in Baltimore and it cost me severely. So now I rarely double up QB/WR/RB on the same team as it puts too much pressure for the Eagles to be on every week. I'd try and move Nelson Agholor and Martin for a solid #2 RB and maybe and a WR who might step up this year (see a Robert Woods type). You might be wise dumping Hurns and getting a back up QB. I'm also indifferent about your RBs. Hill was great down the stretch last year but DeAngelo might get limited carries after Week 2. Martin has a chance but I am sour after having him last year and not sure their OL has improved enough and playing with a rookie QB spells a lot of 8 in the box defenses.

I see your points about doubling on WRs. This is the first time I'm trying it, maybe I'll end up being burnt by it.

The trade suggestions are noted. I guess Martin can have a couple good games due to volume, since Mike Evans is still sidelined, and matchups (TEN, @NO).

Just one thing: I don't have DeAngelo subbing for LeVeon Bell in Pittsburgh, it's Carolina Panthers' Stewart.

The Jokeman
09-09-2015, 02:02 PM
I see your points about doubling on WRs. This is the first time I'm trying it, maybe I'll end up being burnt by it.

The trade suggestions are noted. I guess Martin can have a couple good games due to volume, since Mike Evans is still sidelined, and matchups (TEN, @NO).

Just one thing: I don't have DeAngelo subbing for LeVeon Bell in Pittsburgh, it's Carolina Panthers' Stewart.

Whoops, sorry. Stewart is a question mark. I prefer him as a #3 than a #2.