PDA

View Full Version : Moss and Vick

Cali512
09-09-2015, 01:43 PM
Remember the time when this was thought of to be the biggest dream duo? Everyone visioned it, it was always a fantacy, commercials, in games they were always the big marketers. We have that possibility with our team. Sammys biggest comparisonto me is Moss. Both have a natural feel for the ball and defender and make difficult plays look incredibly simple. Tyrodas comparison is obvious and has been compared to Vick his whole life so I need no further explaination there. I also have to throw Mccoys, Barry Sanders comparison, and i watched videos on him since 8-9, i loved him. He was the most incredible running back i thought ive ever seen, now we have McCoy who is the closest thing to a modern Barry that we have. Im super excited!!!

Pinkerton Security
09-09-2015, 01:47 PM
Watkins is nothing like Randy Moss...at all. Moss was a vertical threat only and was horrible after the catch other than straight line speed, Sammy isnt as much of a vertical threat but excels after the catch. Keep living in your "fantacy"

BillsOwnAll
09-09-2015, 01:54 PM
Im the biggest homer there is.. But you can't compare McCoy to sanders.. He was absoleltly unstoppable

Cali512
09-09-2015, 02:29 PM
These are 2 comparisons ive read countless times from former nfl players so continue thinking what you want. Pointing out one assett of a players game to prove your right isnt relevant. I know there are parts different but the base speed and catch awareness is Moss like, if his RAC is superior, then thats an added bonus. Also, Sanders wasnt unstoppable. he had the worst negetive yards for RB in nfl history. He was so elusive he didnt even try to follow his blocks. Saying McCoy is like himwhen ive read a good 3-4 nfl players/scouts that agree, is not that far out of line.

Generalissimus Gibby
09-09-2015, 02:58 PM
It is completely wrong to compare any back in the game today to Thurman Thomas, Barry Sanders, Marshall Faulk (the last truly great running back), Emitt Smith, Eric Dickerson, Walter Payton, or OJ S[lasher]impson. All those backs were guys you could center your offense around. All those guys you could win just by ensuring they got the ball. McCoy is a good back, but my guess is Canton is not in his future, first ballot or otherwise. Those guys were all first balloters.

As for Vick being part of anyone's dream duo? Well, I guess I remember that differently. I know sports pundits (who are the only folks in the world less prescient and perceptive than Political pundits and weather forcasters) were talking big things for Ron Mexico in a similar way that they talked big things for Scam Newton, Collin Kapernak, Russell Wilson, Tim Tebow, Vince Young, Rodney Pete, Randall Cunningham, and Kordell Stewart. For 26 years sports pundits have been predicting the future will be running QBs and those old Jim Kelly, Dan Marino, Peyton and Eli Manning, and Tom Brady Statue QBs were obsolete. As it turns out only Cunningham, Russell Wilson, Colin Kapernack, and Newton (at least so far) are having any sort of success and that's because like say Brett Favre and John Elway they are mainly pocket passers who occasionally role out.

Speaking of Moss, he had that same problem that Keyshawn Johnson had. Lots of physical talent to be sure, but primadonna headcases who took whole games, months, or even seasons off.

Mr. Miyagi
09-09-2015, 03:02 PM
Im the biggest homer there is.. But you can't compare McCoy to sanders.. He was absoleltly unstoppable
Agreed. Barry is on a completely different level of his own. I can't even think of another back anything like Barry, including Sweetness, OJ, Emmitt, Bo, LT, Jim Brown.

I do like the weapons we have though, and T-Rod is way way underrated thus far. If he can throw the ball like an average QB, our offense will be unstoppable.

JoeMama
09-09-2015, 06:24 PM
Barry Sanders and Jerry Rice are the two greatest players in NFL history. No one compares to them.

The gap between them and the next best player at their position is enormous.